The Darrelle Revis No Longer Holding Out Thread

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by bojanglesman, Jul 30, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 34miami23

34miami23 Active Member

Well I could be wrong but I don't think he had anything better than decent starters at corner while in Baltimore? I might be mistaken tho ... He did have Ed Reed back there however

He is a great DC and adjusts to what he has ... I don't think you can let Revis ruin the cap for the team, should one return in the next year or two (hopefully there's football).

Rex can live and be successful without him if he needs to, but thats just a fin fan's opinion.

2. tooooon

tooooon Active Member

No interview. Every report indicates nothing is happenning. Revis not on HK tonight. Bad times.

3. ........

........ Trolls

Just read that ESPN story, and it says the quote given was from Woody to Sal Paolantonio. Wyche says he got the story directly from Woody. He doesn't give an actual quote, so who knows what was said and what was inferred.

4. ace_o_spades

ace_o_spades New Member

Just when I thought I was out... they pull me back in

5. Italian Seafood

Italian Seafood New Member

No doubt, would love to get him back in the fold with Cro and Wilson, that would be sick.

6. 624

624 Banned

Damn ok, thanks.

Cowlishaw is being demoted back to upside down.

7. 34miami23

34miami23 Active Member

hahaha

I wonder if 'Around The Horn' is getting a bump in ratings because of this ...

8. ace_o_spades

ace_o_spades New Member

No ATH this week

9. tooooon

tooooon Active Member

Cowlishaw keeps moving further and further awary from his original statements and has some excuses lined up. He is coming off as the big loser i this mess. Well, besides us that is.

10. statjeff22

statjeff22 2008 Green Guy "Most Knowledgeable" Award Winner

It's been off the air all week, so this (and Mariotti being arrested) have had no effect on anything.

11. NDmick

NDmick Revis Christ

He did have Cris McCallister for a while. He was a damn good corner.

12. 34miami23

34miami23 Active Member

Oh I see.

I haven't even been home anyway to notice.

13. statjeff22

statjeff22 2008 Green Guy "Most Knowledgeable" Award Winner

I agree. Revis being the best player on the team is not at all the same as him being the most important player on the team, which IMO is Sanchez. Revis can have another historic season at CB, but if Sanchez doesn't play like he did in the playoffs (as opposed to the regular season), the Jets aren't going to be very successful.

14. TommyGreen

TommyGreen Trolls

One thing we also have to keep in mind is that our Pass Defense in 2008 was rankeed 29th in the league, and ranked 1st last season. It couldn't have been all Revis.

15. ........

........ Trolls

The Darrelle Revis Holdout Thread (status unknown)

Oh man, I hope this conversation doesn't start up again. FTR, I agree Revis isn't our most important player.

ESPN just ran a list of most indispensable players. For the Jets, they chose D'Brick.

16. bojanglesman

bojanglesman Active Member

True, I don't think anyone knows anything. Hell, this article is from Rich "Pissing on the Ashes" Cimini. I still say it doesn't go down soon. Probably some leftover SOJ mentaility. :)

http://sports.espn.go.com/new-york/nfl/news/story?id=5496890

FLORHAM PARK, N.J. -- As suspected, New York Jets holdout Darrelle Revis won't appear on camera in Episode 3 of HBO's "Hard Knocks," which airs Wednesday night at 10.

How do we know?

We know because Steve Sabol, the president of NFL Films (which produces the show), shot down speculation during an appearance Wednesday with Jody McDonald and Brandon Tierney on 1050 ESPN Radio.

On Tuesday, when Tim Cowlishaw of the Dallas Morning News tweeted that Revis had taped a TV interview that would air Wednesday, it fueled speculation that the Pro Bowl cornerback was going to appear on "Hard Knocks," perhaps delivering a bombshell announcement related to his holdout.

But it's not happening. Sabol says so.

The latest report of an imminent Revis contract came late Tuesday from KDKA TV in Pittsburgh, where Revis grew up. On one of its Twitter pages, KDKA reported that Revis is close to signing a 10-year, $150 million contract, including $65 million in guarantees.

That means no fewer than three media outlets have reported this week that Revis is on the verge of signing a blockbuster deal. The Jets, citing the confidentiality agreement they made two weeks ago with Revis' agents, have declined to comment on the reports.

The Dallas Morning News reported that Revis' agents were to meet Tuesday night with Jets officials. No such meeting took place, according to a league source.

During a lunch break at the NFL owners meeting Wednesday in Atlanta, Jets owner Woody Johnson was asked by ESPN's Sal Paolantonio about reports that the team is close to a deal with Revis.

"We've sworn not to talk about it, but I don't know where this stuff is coming from. It's not done until it's done," Johnson said.

There are strong indications the two sides aren't close to an agreement. That doesn't preclude Revis from accepting one of the offers on the table and showing up without notice, but based on the hard-line stance conveyed by his agents at the start of training camp, that would represent a dramatic turnaround.

Revis reportedly is seeking $162 million over 10 years, while the Jets have offered $122 million over the same number of years. The Jets also have made a short-term proposal, about $40 million over four years.

17. MeanGreene23

MeanGreene23 New Member

To me Woodys quote makes it sound like something is going on. Especially the its not done till its done part. Perhaps hes just saying that he doesn't know where some of the reported contract numbers are coming from. It certainly sounds a lot better than that status quo bs we were fed a few hours ago.

18. Snatch Catch

Snatch Catch Well-Known Member

It's funny, like a decent amount of people, if you had asked me last year in weeks 1-6 I would have told you it was Jenkins, and without any question, too.

19. GordonGecko

GordonGecko Well-Known Member

Yeah, Revis is basically as good as signed. He'll be in camp within a few days if not tomorrow

20. AJayJay

AJayJay New Member

Something is definitely going on. We are coming up on the season opener here real fast. I'm sure the Jets would like to figure something out that gets him on the field and I'm sure Revis wants to be out there. I would be amazed if they still were not negotiating. It would make zero sense for them not to be hammering out what needs to get done, unless his agents are really that fucked up in the head. I'm not worried about it until the day before gameday. If he still is not signed then I'm gonna be upset.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.