The Darrelle Revis No Longer Holding Out Thread

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by bojanglesman, Jul 30, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. rex2009

rex2009 Banned

I agree. I'll be pissed if we give Mevis $150 Million. The Jets hold all the cards. He has no other option other than sitting out which would be the height of stupidity. They should start negotiating with Cro and when they come close to an agreement go to the idiot team Revis has assembled and threaten to sign Cro and then cut off negotiations. We sign Cro then your ONLY option is to play for $1M. Hardball tactics are required.

2. TommyGreen

TommyGreen Trolls

They're the ones who asked for a media blackout, so no one is going to be able to ask them anything. They're not talking to anyone.

3. Pluvrr

Pluvrr Active Member

I believe Manish:

Darrelle Revis and Jets still at contract impasse »

By Manish Mehta

Despite reports that Darrelle Revis is close to signing a blockbuster new deal, the Daily News has learned that there’s nothing imminent regarding the contract impasse with the All-Pro cornerback.

On the 25th day of Revis’ holdout, both sides still remain far apart.

Contrary to recent reports, Revis’ camp and the Jets didn’t meet last night. The cornerback also hasn’t pre-taped a television interview that will air tonight. In other words, there won’t be a dramatic Revis signing on HBO’s Hard Knocks.

Steve Sabol, the president of NFL Films, told ESPN radio later that Revis will not be on tonight's episode.

http://www.nydailynews.com/blogs/jets/2010/08/darrelle-revis-and-jets-still.html

4. JfaulkNYJ

JfaulkNYJ New Member

he cant say what is going on with revis. plus football organizations lie about everything.

5. Rascio

Rascio New Member

Question: Hypothetically speaking let's say Revis doesn't accept a contract, nothing gets done and he sits out. If the Jet's FO and Revis never come to terms and he remains off the field for the next 3 years, what happens with his contract since the original 20m gaurentee'd or whatever has been voided?

And hello all, first time poster and been trolling for some time now. Life long jet's fan with the tears to show it.

6. Snatch Catch

Snatch Catch Well-Known Member

It's funny - if you've ever spoken to a sports reporter in person, the sense of entitlement they have to be told the truth about business dealings is stunning. I guess you can kind of see it when they get fired up on a show like PTI or ATH, but it's really great to see them react in person.

They truley believe that they have the right to the answer for any question they pose management, which when you take a step back and think about it is incredibly wrong-headed.

"I asked him directly if they had made the rumored $10 million contract offer and he flat out told me no. He lied to my face, and that's the kind of man Bob Smith is!!!!11"

Uh, he's the head of a multi-million corporation. Just because the public has interest in the daily operations of it and your job is founded in covering them doesn't mean you guys somehow have a right to anything you want to know about the innerworkings of the business.

7. Vilmalover51

Vilmalover51 Active Member

Not gonna happen

8. bojanglesman

bojanglesman Active Member

I think it's pretty much false at this point. Doesn't mean he won't sign soon, just not going to be on Hard Knocks. The odd thing is that it makes so much more sense for him to sign about now. It gives him a few weeks to get ready for the season.

Cimini does seem like a poor sport in all of this. ESPN fails so much anyway, they were bound to win one sooner or later.

9. Steve032

Steve032 New Member

Thanks for shredding my last optimistic thought haha. I do agree with you though, but with how crazy this situation has been, you never know.

10. The Dark Knight

The Dark Knight Well-Known Member

I say if Revis signs by Saturday, Cowlishaw wins. And more importantly, the Jets fans win.

11. TommyGreen

TommyGreen Trolls

It just doesn't make sense for Woody to lie at this point. As Mangold got closer to signing the deal even Rex got into the fray and announce it to the media. They have nothing to gain by keeping things negative, and everything to gain if they have some good news surrounding Revis. Keeping it quiet makes sense, but flat out lying about it doesn't.

12. Italian Seafood

Italian Seafood New Member

I heard this, Mangold yes, Revis no. Says they're not investigative reporters who break a story, they're doing a documentry.

13. bojanglesman

Technically that's true. I don't think he ever said anything about Hard Knocks anyway, did he? He just said Wed or Sat. He may have been wrong about the interview part though.

14. Snatch Catch

Snatch Catch Well-Known Member

Yeah, I agree with you in this situation.

I just find it funny that for some reason sports writers generally feel entitled to the truth about any information they want, simply because they asked the question.

15. theBidet

theBidet Active Member

if he doesn't play this year, it doesn't count towards his contract. he would still have 3 years left. so if he doesn't play for 3,4,8 years... he would still have to honor the last 3 years on his Jets contract.

16. GordonGecko

GordonGecko Well-Known Member

Every last owner with half a brain would say the same thing that there's been no progress, even if the deal was almost ready to be announced the next day. If there's been back and forth and the Jets say 130 and Revis last came back with 140, then admitting to progress in public is defacto saying to revis hey we're going to give you that 140.

When the deal signs Woody will show up on TV and say "Tannenbaum just informed me we have a deal" End of story. Both sides agreed to not say anything and Woody is keeping his end

17. Rascio

Rascio New Member

Gotcha thanks man.

18. Jerseyboyisback

Jerseyboyisback New Member

Jets fans dont win. lets be realistic here. I love the jets and I love revis but its is total bs to pay someone that much money who is not your QB.

How the hell are we going to sign all of these great players when we pay him that much money. he is a selfish SOB.

I say f him sign everyone else we can find another corner. Doesnt have to be the best a good one will do and we can still win.

19. nyJETS0511

nyJETS0511 Banned

does anyone have just rough ideas of guaranteed $$ /year to top 10 cornerbacks...just as proof to how absurd Revis's demands are....and how overpaid Asomuga is

20. bojanglesman

No one knows for sure what he's been offered as far as guaranteed money.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.