The Darrelle Revis No Longer Holding Out Thread

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by bojanglesman, Jul 30, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Steve032

Steve032 New Member

Well, I don't have a say in who gets banned or anything, I was just wondering if he was confident in his source. If he's telling the truth, then his source gave him the scoop on Holmes and Favre. This would be a very credible person, and I would take anything he said as the truth. Also, he said everybody in the NFLPA was bound by a gag order. This is the part that doesn't make sense. The Jets can't control what people in the NFL say. Also, if there was a gag order, no way this kid's dad would go around telling a kid who posts on a message board this information. Regardless, if he's right, I will be the first one to apologize.

2. Keeper1125

Keeper1125 Member

I know someone who's catering an event today that will include Johnson (and there's no way it won't, as the whole point of the event is for him to be there). Obviously I'm just some asshole who, as far as you know, could be making shit up, but it's the honest truth.

3. skeleton_frames

I agree with you. If you're right, you get to have someone who wanted to ban you stick their head up a cow's rear twice. I think it's only fair.

4. WhiteShoeWillis

WhiteShoeWillis Well-Known Member

True, the only thing I was imagining about the numbers was that team Revis was throwing out a lower number outside the negotiations to try and see if the Jets would be willing to move. I get the impression team Revis doesn't want to be the first to budge.

Of course that all just pure imagination.

5. MBGreen

MBGreen Banned

unless that "something you heard" turns out to be fake news.

just let it go, dude.....

6. jmclaw

jmclaw New Member

This talk about a gag order is borderline laughable, we don't live in Iraq, this is not a signed order of confidentiality. Nothing is happening. We have all been mentally jerked around, when the reality is now clear, nothing has changed. Status f'in quo. If this prick doesnt sign by game one, let his ass rot for the next 3 years.

7. JfaulkNYJ

JfaulkNYJ New Member

wait so did revis tape an interview or not? not saying it has to be HBO related.

8. ........

........ Trolls

The Darrelle Revis Holdout Thread (status unknown)

That was the part that confused me, too. There's no reason to believe this kid whatsoever, but he very well could be right. If so, great. He'll earn credibility for next time. If not, I don't think he got anyone's hopes up anyway.

9. ........

........ Trolls

The Darrelle Revis Holdout Thread (status unknown)

That's where I went with your theory too. Imagination or not, it's a plausible explanation for what's going on. I'm still of the belief that Team Revis is behind these 'leaks'. I'm just less certain of the purpose now.

10. MBGreen

MBGreen Banned

per Cimini

anybody else wanna punch this smug asshole in the nose?

11. jetsmets93

jetsmets93 Member

our families have been friends for many years and i consider this friend one of my closest... one of the reasons he tells me stuff after his dad tells him is because he trusts me and i have never done anything to break his trust... i wont send anything to a media outlet or something like that... i figured that it should go into this thread as another source of information... people here can believe it or not but i wanted to put it up for people to see... obviously that was stupid on my part because that constitutes "fake news".

12. greenbeanz

greenbeanz Well-Known Member

ill take your word for it. i was honestly just curious.

13. Don

Don 2008 TGG Rich Kotite "Least Knowledgeable" Award W

He won't be on hard knocks tonight. They had the head of NFL films on the radio a few minutes ago and he said he will absolutely nit be on. They were editing it at that exact moment and he isn't on it.

14. Barry the Baptist

Barry the Baptist Hello son, would you like a lolly?

But technically anybody who posted a link to Cowlishaw is posting to fake news if he doesn't sign, that's no different then me saying I heard Tom Brady licks balls. It could be and most likely is true but there is a chnce it's not.

15. Steve032

Steve032 New Member

This is the last I will comment on this until this whole situation plays out. I didn't mean to come across as an attack against you, but this could set an ugly precedent. Anybody could come to this board and say, "My friend says the Jets have traded for Nnamdi Asomouga. This source has also told me about 3-4 high profile trades before anybody else heard of them." See where I'm going with this? Anyway, I am really hoping that you are right and I will gladly eat crow if I am wrong. :beer:

16. Murrell2878

Murrell2878 Lets go JETS!

I do, I do!!

17. Jets n Boys

Jets n Boys Banned

U gave that report some credibility? Here's how I see it. He posted the news trying to be funny. When people jumped on him for banning him, he turned around made up a quick story to protect him from getting banned.

And this is not fake news. I can guarantee you that this post is real and 100% my opinion.

18. greenbeanz

greenbeanz Well-Known Member

rich we all know that thats 100% fact as evidence by his gay bieber haircut, his highlights, and the fact that he doesnt watch hard knocks like a real man

19. nyjets8083

nyjets8083 New Member

Yea...absolutely agree

20. Mehl-56

Mehl-56 Well-Known Member

This guys a hack, and should turn in his press card... you could get better info from a puddle

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.