17a New Stadium Tour - PSL's, NEW STADIUM STUFF GO HERE

Discussion in 'Jets Experience' started by 17a_tailgater, Feb 8, 2009.

1. Section 227. Row 5

Section 227. Row 5 Active Member

I thought I remember reading somewhere recently where that defunct project at Xanadu was going to be revived by somebody. What a shame. They should have given up on the idea by now and torn the monstrosity down. A real eyesore and does nothing but congest an area immediately adjacent to the home of two of the biggest NFL football franchises on the east coast.

If they were going to do this "sharing" thing, it should have been done right. More convenient parking and a dome. Now you have a much better chance of selling your cockamamie PSLs.

2. 17a_tailgater

17a_tailgater Active Member

i have never been to a dome stadium.but given what champ said about Reliant Stadium,i would like to check it out

3. LogeSection2RowJ

LogeSection2RowJ Well-Known Member

I think I said that about Reliant when I mentioned my Texas Bowl experience in 2006, though now there are several avenues here to complain about the stadium, parking, etc that I don't know if it was in this thread.

Also, 227, I was the one who thought the stadium should have been built further west away from 120, where lot K is now, but had they done that we'd be screwed anyway and would probably have to park in lot 28 anyway with an even further walk.

I was also on the field in the Super Dome once, which felt far more "indoors" than Reliant did - probably because of the playing surface if that makes any sense. I hoped that they would have at least put some type of overhang on this like any European soccer venue or at least like Seattle has here.

A retractable roof here would have been great. Anyone against it would have changed their minds - unless they were TV fans only. Anyone attending a game would love the roof. They could keep it open for cold weather, allowing only it be closed for precipitation. Water under the bridge...

4. Section 227. Row 5

Alas... it truly is water under the bridge.

25 years from now, after enough people bitch and moan and after several attempts at hosting a SB and other significant venues fail miserably because of inclimate weather, someone will come up with the unbelievably terrific idea that maybe this mausoleum ought to be torn down and one built that has good sightlines and a retractable roof!

Great idea! Now we can charge PSLs all over again! They fell for it once, they'll do it again!

5. Chrisp22

Chrisp22 Active Member

But didn't everyone complete their questionnaires years ago stating they wanted a private club and amenities up the ying-yang?

If they had saved their money with their questionnaires and just used common sense, we would have ample parking, a dome and a place to be proud of.

6. LogeSection2RowJ

Survey

Hey, did anyone else here get an email survey from the Jets regarding their initial experiences from attending the Giants game? Man, was I have happy to fill out and send back that one!

In it, I expressed all the things I've bitched about in these forums; the orange parking being put out a year after the ticketing decision, the lack of pedestrian access over the 120 overpass from lots 26-29, the height of the upper deck, hell, I even brought up the video ad striped sides during replays on the four screens, the incredibly horrible end zone ramp systems, the escalator design, lack of obvious elevators as compared to both Citi Field and Yankee Stadiums, the "great hall" crevice that prevents walking the entire lower concourse without going down to go back up, the uniqueness of this "new" building having thousands of seat views worse than the stadium it replaced (a first in stadium history as far as I know - also unlike Citi and Yankee) you name it. The only aspect I wasn't critical of was the Flight Crew. I couldn't see them from my seats. Did I forget anything? Crap - forgot about them not having white sauce at the Gyro stand ; )

But I was nice about it. The only mistake I made was being honest when they asked my total household income. I fucked up. Should have doubled or tripled what it actually is since after clicking my answer it became obvious that my complaints will be discounted since I am not particularly wealthy. If you think about it, what does the household income have to do with your game experience? The a-holes know where my seats are. They know I am not a club section owner or a psl purchaser. As soon as I clicked that income answer I wanted to go back and change it.

Lastly, I checked the box that allows them to call me at home to discuss - let's see if it happens. I imagine my household income falls 100K or more short of a phone call.

Anyone else take this survey?

7. JLJets

JLJets New Member

Entrance from Paterson Plank Road

I have always entered the complex via Rt. 17, then Paterson Plank Rd, to the entrance by the race track. Since new Lot P is right there, and I'm a low life UL STH, I figured I wouldn't like P, but at least it would be easy in/out.
    However, for the Giants game, I went to enter complex from PP Road but the sign said, "Yellow and Red Permits only". I went on Rt 120 to the other entrance and into Lot B (I was quite early). I'd prefer to go in via PP Road (like I always have) and into Lot P.
    Did anyone enter the complex from PP Road and go directly to Lot P?

8. 17a_tailgater

that is 1 survey i would love to take. of course they left 17a and 227 off tha list of invites.surprised Loge slipped thru the cracks

9. LogeSection2RowJ

Well, at least I had your backs and represented us successfully. I guess.

10. Section 227. Row 5

Very interesting, Loge. No, I did not receive the survey. But I sold my Giants game tickets on StubHub, so I'm assuming they were scanned and therefore, according to their computer, I was "at the game." Strange that they did not survey me as well. Are they just randomly sending this out or do they already know I'm an insufferably cranky sourpuss that will give them nothing but grief? LOL!

GOOD JOB on the survey, bud. You freaking nailed it big time. And yeah, while they will look at the income and say, "Who needs this Schlubb anyway," SOMEBODY with a little commone sense might look at it and go, "Shit, we're going to have a real fucking problem retaining Upper Deck sales unless we at least fix this orange parking problem.

I urge anyone who receives this survey to hammer away at the orange situation. Make it your first and foremost grievance. They can't fix some of the other things, but this is the one thing they can fix (and soon, for that matter). So make this "Gripe #1" if you receive their cockamamie survey.

11. Chrisp22

Chrisp22 Active Member

Go back a few pages. Someone said the stadium personnel were using Lot P for employee parking. You literally had to tell them you wanted to park in that lot.

I'm guessing the parking people were instructed to direct all orange traffic to the closer lots like B and the Izod side before they were going to open up Lot P.

Hope they don't pull this crap for the opener.

12. championjets69

championjets69 2008/2009 TGG Darksider Award Winner

Actually when the stadium was built it was fitted so that they could install a dome in the "future" quite easily

Since it was a "new" addition they could implement another PSL similar to what Green Bay & Chicago did when they upgraded there stadiums

13. championjets69

championjets69 2008/2009 TGG Darksider Award Winner

Speaking of Reliant while I have not been yet been to the NMS I will tell you that IMHO the UD @ Reliant is way, way, way up there. We had field level seats & Woody & company were at the next level up but we got kinks in our necks from looking up to the UD. But the dome was blessing at least on the day we went

14. Section 227. Row 5

This was a damned good idea. Too bad they didn't have anyone participating in the planning that wasn't a "Yes Man."

15. Section 227. Row 5

It never hurts to build in a little "planned confusion" while you're still trying to peddle your egregiously overpriced PSLs. Torture them enough and they'll eventually cave to an idiotic 15-year payment plan.

16. 17a_tailgater

you and you along are the only poster,person sales rep or any other being that states the stadium is "fitted" for a future dome.

17. 309'em

309'em Member

I was one of the people ticked off about losing my rail seat (ie. row 8, section 343) now that they filled the HC platform with new rows. After talking to a "service rep" at halftime who promised me a call back the next day (never did of course) and making 4-5 phone calls in the past week I finally got to speak to a manager yesterday and was offered a new location which I took: section 312, row 13. So five rows higher but right next to the upper prime and back on the Jets side. I'm happy they at least offered something but even row 8 is way too far from the field compared to the old stadium.

Still hate the parking situation (maybe Friday I'll try lot 26 as close to the walkway as possible, Lot P seems so far away...debating buying a yellow pass off the ticket exchange and then putting my orange up for sale). I got the survey also and will fill it out today blasting them on the stadium height, escalators, parking etc.

18. LogeSection2RowJ

Yeah, I even predicted to them that they might have a problem next year retaining fans in the top rows, especially the end zones. At the same time I told them there were probably many unhappy Giants fans the day after their Steelers game - fans who are paying a PSL for the same areas.

Many of these upper tier seats, and perhaps Mezz B don't have enough "value" in them, especially in our case with the ticket pricing and the parking limitations. I'm sure the guys making up these rules have never even been upstairs in the stadium yet. Pricing and parking aside, this monster of a stadium is just too high, especially once you get up to the second half of the rows up there. I'll pay for Jets tickets, but don't build a stadium with some of the worst seats in an NFL stadium and shove "state of the art" down our throats. I'd be interested to see if there's a higher upper deck in the US. Washington may be one, but even that's a close call. I was there last year, it's pretty high, and steep, but I was only up there for pregame so it's hard to judge. I'd say that Fedex Field's lower UD rows are closer than this stadiums - it's just that they have more rows which might eventually make it higher up.

19. Section 227. Row 5

Please do us all a favor and bitch about the Parking first. Make it your #1 complaint. Bitching about the stadium height and escalators, while making one feel better, serves no purpose because it can't be changed. So they'll just dismiss those complaints like they do everything else.

At least they CAN change the orange parking fiasco. Not that they will, of course. They'll probably dismiss it too, but humor me anyway.

20. asbcheeks

asbcheeks Member

Well done! Obviously persistence is important with these people. I'm in your boat and just found an email reply from my rep from October 2009 in which he assures me he would look into other options for me in the Upper Bowl (of course without any admission that he misled us when we picked our seats in May 2009). Haven't heard from him since. Think I'll give him a call now - 312 row 12 is definitely better than EZ row 8 in my book.