The Darrelle Revis No Longer Holding Out Thread

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by bojanglesman, Jul 30, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. rmagedon

rmagedon Active Member

Thank you kind sir. I just saw Madbacker's post about the report coming out of Aliquippa, PA right after my post.

I'm just surprised this thread isn't in a huge uproar over the 15M per year deal he's about to receive if in fact those numbers are true. I'm gonna assume everyone is waiting to see what the final numbers are before they go pillage and riot all thru Manhattan.

2. MadBacker Prime

MadBacker Prime THE Dead Rabbit

Did that kid who cut peoples heads off work for the NFLPA?

We should email him.

3. jetsmets93

jetsmets93 Member

i assumed that cause this thread was totally revis that people would assume it was for revis... the offer was for revis

4. ........

........ Trolls

The Darrelle Revis Holdout Thread (4AM Email - Revis in by Thursday?)

He'd only know about Revis if were a 90 year old incontinent retiree.

5. Benny Bing

Benny Bing New Member

I think we'd all just be happy enough to have him back on the team for this year, there will be plenty of time later to hate on the deal itself.

6. slimjasi

slimjasi Well-Known Member

I'll just speak for myself when I say that I really don't know what to believe anymore. This is easily the strangest sports story in recent memory. You have every Jets beat writer there ever was basically saying there is no way any of the recent "revis is close" reports are even remotely accurate ("Jets and Revis no where near deal", etc). And then you have Tim Cowlishaw, Aol fanhouse, and now a Pittsburgh news affiliate laying out a 10 year, 152 million dolar deal. It's just really odd

7. ace_o_spades

ace_o_spades New Member

yea i was listening to it for about 40 seconds and just said fuck it...if anything breaking happens with revis it'll be posted on here by somebody more tolerant than me

8. xxedge72x

xxedge72x 2018 Gang Green QB Guru Award Winner

This is a joint effort by Tanny and Revis agents to have some fun at the fans and media expense. "Relationship building exercise."

9. MBGreen

MBGreen Banned

Tanny is a salary cap god.....i'm confident he won't cripple this team's future.

We all know Revis is going to get a huge deal.....there shouldn't be any uproar over the deal...unless he completely shits the bed on the field. Which i don't see happening either.

10. TommyGreen

TommyGreen Trolls

Where the hell is Tim Cowlishaw. Someone get him on the phone!

11. slimjasi

slimjasi Well-Known Member

This .

12. xxedge72x

xxedge72x 2018 Gang Green QB Guru Award Winner

If he shits the bed on the field then the Jets can just cut him since the guaranteed money is only against injury. :cool:

13. YankeeRacers

YankeeRacers Member

I agree with this. When this all comes to light it will say a lot about the Jets beat writers if they were so in the dark on this whole thing. That or they will be proved right.

14. rmagedon

rmagedon Active Member

I'm not a religious man, and if these numbers are correct, I pray to God that Mike T. included an extremely harsh "consequences" clause for any sort of future hold outs in this contract where in the very least, Revis is required to return the guaranteed monies.

I know that's impossible, but I hope something is there.

15. Snatch Catch

Snatch Catch Well-Known Member

Man, this situation is turning into a carbon copy of the Lebron situation, and I really don't want to associate Revis with that weak-minded POS.

I'm not talking about The Decision™ television show, just all of the crazy misdirection and way that different media outlets get locked into their opinions due to their "sources" due to a concerted effort by the player to not speak about the issue.

Unfortunately the purposes behind these silences are poorly intentioned with regards to the player's image and any ancillary associations with his overall brand. This only means that Revis is at least partly caught up in someone making him out to be "bigger than the game."

I'm not calling him Mevis, or saying he's the devil, just that someone is clearly giving him information similar to what Lebron's inner circle was giving him, and it's disheartening because, given his protracted silence, he's clearly accepted it, if only partially.

I hated the Lebron situation for what it was, and I'm hating this situation simply because it's associating a player I really respected for being humble, hard-working, and forthright, with such an insecure piece of garbage.

16. The Dark Knight

The Dark Knight Well-Known Member

But Revis can only choose from the Jets, the Jets, the Jets or his couch.

17. wa2k99

wa2k99 Active Member

Let's see Joe and Evan or Cowherd. I take Joe and Evan every day of the week and twice on Sunday.

18. magic77

magic77 New Member

Couldn't agree more

19. fozzi58

fozzi58 Well-Known Member

Disagree. Buts thats just your asshole vs mine.

oops! meant opinion....

20. TommyGreen

TommyGreen Trolls

This isn't nearly as hyped as the LeBron decision.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.