The Darrelle Revis No Longer Holding Out Thread

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by bojanglesman, Jul 30, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Steve032

Steve032 New Member

2. Jets n Boys

Jets n Boys Banned

$55-70 mil guaranteed is HUGE!!! That too on $150+ mil contract. I would have imagined Jets could have had him for $120mil for $70mil guaranteed. I think that figure is incorrect and I think the entire story itself may be incorrect. How come slippery banana (who the hell are they) are the only ones with that story? That article has already circled the blogs/forums.

3. Steve032

Steve032 New Member

I'm not getting my hopes up until I hear it come from Revis, Tanny, Woody, Rex, or Hard Knocks.

4. BrooklynbornJet

BrooklynbornJet New Member

lol yeah I posted that on the other page but I cant post links because of my post count so I copy and pasted the story, lets hope its true and that tanny worked some magic so that the deal does not handcuff us...thats if that story turns out to be true.

5. SettlerDawg

SettlerDawg Well-Known Member

Here's a very simple analysis of Revis' cap cost. If you take the 150 million with 65 million guaranteed, with a 10% increase in base salary every year (wild guess), you have the following costs against the cap:

Again, these are all based off of guesses and twitter reports. $65 is a ridiculous amount of guaranteed money. Let's hope the numbers are less than that, and that the deal is structured with many options and clauses that Tanny can use to defer Revis' salary expense against the cap. Time to go to sleep!

6. ConcordeChops

ConcordeChops 2018 International Poster Award Winner

Merry Cowlishaw Day!

7. throwtheball

throwtheball Banned

LOL!!! This is what it says on its site

8. TWDC

TWDC New Member

oh no bleacher report in disguise

9. NDmick

NDmick Revis Christ

Fuck the number reports. Wait until it comes from the jets. At least we know the deal is close to being finalized.

10. NYJalltheway

NYJalltheway Well-Known Member

Was really hoping to get home from 3rd shift to see a new deal done. If I have to wait for hard knocks that means I'll have to wait until after tomorrow's shift too lol damnit.

As for the supposed deal, he better shut down every damn receiver the rest of his career for that kind of bogus money. Unless our other FA's take less money for the team I think this ultimately will end up hurting the overall talent of the team assuming there is a cap re-installed.

jmo

11. Murrell2878

Murrell2878 Lets go JETS!

Everyone seems to be coming out with "inside sources". Now the rumor is the deal will be 10 years $150mil with $65 gurantee

12. The Jutty

The Jutty Banned

No way he'll see any of that.

13. desert swordz

desert swordz Totally Addicted

Love how Cowlishaw managed to piss off the likes of shefter, mort, espn, nyjet beat writers, etc etc etc. A Dallas Beat writer calling it on Sunday, leaving every other outlet to scramble in a 'WTF' kinda fashion over his claims for about 2 days, and now it looks legit. He stole their thunder in the illest way.

I'd be disappointed if it really did come out to a 15 mil/yr number. No one really knows yet though. Best to wait for official news.

I wanna see if it'll still be plausible to sign/franchise 2 out of BE/Holmes/Cro (after re-signing Harris) after we find out what Revis' contract looks like.

14. SettlerDawg

I don't know how the Jets prorate/amortize their signing bonuses. In the estimate, I'm presuming they just prorate the bonus evenly over each year (I know that there are many many other factors and bonuses that determine the prorated amount). The thing is, under a simple assumption, if we cut Revis after year 7, there is a 19.5 million cap hit against our cap unless Revis re-negotiates. $65 million is a huge signing bonus.

15. ConcordeChops

ConcordeChops 2018 International Poster Award Winner

I hope so. I think Cro will be the one to be cut, particularly if Wilson hits the ground running. I just wish there was a way to re-sign all three.

16. SettlerDawg

I think Cromartie will be excellent in this defense. With the way we blitz, quarterbacks have no time to make a good decision. If they take their time, they make a bad throw. Because of this, even Lowery had excellent numbers for a cornerback (completion % when thrown to). If I had to guess, Harris is the one leaving out of Edwards, Holmes, Cromartie, and Harris.

17. Don

Don 2008 TGG Rich Kotite "Least Knowledgeable" Award W

I too think Harris is gone. 9-10 mil for a middle LB just won't be available and MLB is much easier to find or develop than a #1 receiver or CB.

18. Don

Don 2008 TGG Rich Kotite "Least Knowledgeable" Award W

If you think these guys didn't like the Jets before this, just wait for the firestorm that is coming now.

19. Steve032

Steve032 New Member

If it turns out to be true, it was awesome what TC did. He didn't even go on TV or write an article at first or anything, just sent out a 140 character tweet.

20. UncleTomNYJ

UncleTomNYJ Active Member

So what contract is being "reported"? 10 years at $152m? or 10 years at $162m?

Do we have a link ?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.