17a New Stadium Tour - PSL's, NEW STADIUM STUFF GO HERE

Discussion in 'Jets Experience' started by 17a_tailgater, Feb 8, 2009.

1. GordonGecko

GordonGecko Well-Known Member

Yeah but at least in traffic you're in your car with the heat/AC listening to the post game show and eating snacks from the trunk. How available is that shuttle bus going to be and how much traffic does IT have to deal with to get to your car. You know they have guards there to stop you from walking, you HAVE to take the shuttle bus

2. nyjunc

nyjunc 2008 TGG Bryan Cox "Most Argumentative" Award Winn

They have plenty of shuttles and it's a quick drive w/ no traffic.

3. GordonGecko

GordonGecko Well-Known Member

Well if that's true then it's not so bad

4. Section 227. Row 5

Section 227. Row 5 Active Member

There are going to be a lot of One and Done'ers after this season. Woody either straightens this shit out or people are going to fucking rebel like there's no tomorrow.

5. Section 227. Row 5

I'm not taking any fucking shuttles. I'm not paying $25 to park my car and then have to take a shuttle. Ridiculous nonsense. You'll NEVER get home. Walk to the shuttle... wait for a bus... bus takes you to your car... wait to get out... now you're on the TNPK and so is everyone else... no thank you.

They either fix this orange fuck job or many, many people will be one and done. I'm speaking for the Uppers now.

6. Digetydog

Digetydog Member

I wouldn't take much information from the pricing of the Bills game.
    1. It is a long time from now;
    2. The weather could be very cold;
    3. The game could be worthless if the Jets are "In" or they are "Out" of the playoffs at that time.

With that in mind, there are not likely to be a lot of people willing to buy Bills games four months before the game. B/c SH makes you pay now for tickets bought today, people are incentivized not to go to buy tickets until just before the games. If someone really wants to sell his/her seats today, they will have to offer a very good price to get someone to move on them today.

7. LogeSection2RowJ

LogeSection2RowJ Well-Known Member

Love that. It's the old " O F J " LOL

8. Section 227. Row 5

I hate orange. Miami Dolphins are orange.

Dan Marino is orange.

Duper and Clayton and Larry Czonka and Mercury Morris and Jim Kick... all orange.

And now this... orange parking lots?

Who the hell is responsible for all this orange?

9. 17a_tailgater

17a_tailgater Active Member

THIS DUDE
    [​IMG]

10. alleycat9

alleycat9 Well-Known Member

come to find out after all this time that rojf is actually in charge of this stuff!

11. CBG

CBG Well-Known Member

227 ,you do indeed speak for me!!!! I have not even attended a regular season game yet and I am leaning more towards DONE than ever! This parking fiasco is indeed the last straw-----not to mention how freaking high up we are in the upper deck--I was almost hit by 4 planes and a helocopter at the Giant game BUT I stray.
    The seats have ZERO leg room and compared to my couch and large screen along with how our tailgate has been destroyed by this whole new stadium crap----oh yeah I am going to make the best of this year but I am pretty much done--IN FACT IF THE JETS CALLED ME RITE NOW AS I TYPE AND OFFERED ME A REFUND ON THIS YEAR ----I would be gone!

12. nyjunc

nyjunc 2008 TGG Bryan Cox "Most Argumentative" Award Winn

I understand, I was really pissed the first time it happened but when I realized how quickly I could get out of there it was ok. I have parked there probably 8-10 times over the years. I still prefer the regular lot but I'm ok parking in that lot.

13. Section 227. Row 5

I suppose it's okay for you, junk, and I'm happy for you. But I live 20 miles SOUTH of the stadium. It makes zero sense for me to drive around to the extreme NORTHERN end of the parking areas and then take a bus to the stadium. Worse, I'd have to wait on line to take the same bus bacn NORHT again after the game, then get in my car on the NORTH side and sit in traffic trying to head SOUTH.

For me and others from points south, sitting in or near the Pepsi Corner is probably the worst thing we could have tried for, even though common sense at the time all pointed to Pepsi Corner as and easy entrance/exit spot.

Honest to God, if you planned the worst parking nightmare imaginable, I don't think you could have come up with a more assinine, parking unfriendly situation for guys like us.

The Jets should be ashamed of themselves for the way they've mistreated the Upper guys this way. The Uppers are loaded with old timers too, because that's where a lot of the seniority people wound up. They knew this, and then decided to fuck over their most loyal fan base this way. It's just unconscionable... unimaginable. A total orange fuck job and they knew it. All to try to twist our arm to buy their fucked up PSLs.

I've been going to the games for over 25 years. Supported the team through all the bullshit years. Gutwrenching disappointment decade after decade. Woody Johnson has no conscience whatsoever. The man has a black heart. Just look at the way he treated his own daughter. I have zero respect. I'm at the point where I don't give a damn anymore. Paying through the nose to hold onto season tickets was a terrible waste of money. I should do like everyone else does and buy select games whenever I feel like going. Other than that, drop the Upper Deck seats and sit and watch on TV like everyone else and snicker at all the no-shows in his "State of the Art" stadium.

The place isn't worth a shit. Can't hold a candle to the old stadium and the hassle-free ease of parking.

14. fredmertz

fredmertz New Member

If you live so damn close to the stadium, you don't really have an excuse to be stuck in the worst lot in the place. Leave a little earlier. Even at the old stadium, if you were the last in the door you got screwed on parking.

Or just stay home and watch Matlock you insufferably cranky sourpuss.

15. 17a_tailgater

17a_tailgater Active Member

you have no clue of what you are talking about???
    do you attend games regularly??
    do you know where lot P is ???
    do you know where the turnpike is ?????

16. Gator

Gator Active Member

I'll tell you one thing the place needs...a Verizon antenna. Everywhere you drive you see one of them, then where there are maybe 30,000 customers all in the same place you can't get service. That hasn't changed from the old place. It's annoying when you want to text someone to meet you...or call your wife....or do anything. I was trying to send pictures to someone with no luck, though when I went to the plaza at halftime it worked.

17. MadBacker Prime

MadBacker Prime THE Dead Rabbit

Your post answers itself.

It's just like a traffic jam.

18. Gator

Gator Active Member

How did it answer itself? Inside the stadium you can't get service. What am I missing?

19. MadBacker Prime

MadBacker Prime THE Dead Rabbit

Well I have AT&T, but have the same issue. It's all the customers packed in their fighting for service.

Sometimes a text takes 5 minutes to go out. Lol

20. Gator

Gator Active Member

Ahhhhhhhhhh. You're right!