The Darrelle Revis No Longer Holding Out Thread

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by bojanglesman, Jul 30, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Doogstein

Doogstein Member

Actually I havent read anything on this thread since this new extended one got put up. Too much gets posted in between my visits for me to sit here and read all the new posts and articles. Didn't even read the Fanhouse or Prisco or Florio articles seeing as none of them probably have any fact in them and are just pure speculation at trying to get all Jets fans hopes up. Rather set myself up for a pleasant surprise than bitter disappointment.

2. scoochydawg

scoochydawg Active Member

Did he sign yet?

3. Doogstein

Doogstein Member

I've been waiting for someone to finally comment on her.

4. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 21018 Funniest Member Award Winner

How would you know about the Prisco and Florio articles at all in that case?

5. TommyGreen

TommyGreen Trolls

I googled her and got this:

[​IMG]

6. Benny Bing

Benny Bing New Member

http://www.nj.com/jets/index.ssf/2010/08/darelle_revis_contract_negotia.html

"Contract negotiations between the Jets and Revis have been locked in an impasse for more than six months. The Dallas Morning News also reported today Revis taped a TV interview that will air tomorrow."

Seriously, when was the last time Revis talked to anyone? I've been google-newsing his name for months and haven't seen him say a word.

Why is he being interviewed on local TV in Dallas, the same area as Tim Cowlishaw?

And is any of this connected?

7. JetBlue

JetBlue Well-Known Member

are you really that emotionally unstable that you can't handle a little disappointment and have to fool yourself to contrive a positive outcome?

8. Doogstein

Doogstein Member

Yea thats my desktop picture

9. franzman9

franzman9 Member

Is revis getting traded to the cowboys?

10. ........

........ Trolls

The Darrelle Revis Holdout Thread (4AM Email - Revis in by Thursday?)

No, I'm knocking the people who spend all their time on the site in there. I've seen enough of the thread to know it's bloated with complaints and comments from people who don't seem interested in discussing the team.

11. abyzmul

Hahaha, I was about to respond to that post about why he knew about the Florio and Prisco articles being specifically the only 2 not to have and source info if he hadn't bothered reading the thread or the articles, and then realized that it was not worth it.

And now that I see your response, I like it better.

12. LoyalJetsFan

LoyalJetsFan New Member

http://www.cbssports.com/mcc/blogs/entry/22475988/24090998

Rumor has it Revis, Jets nearing an agreement
    Posted on: August 24, 2010 6:30 pm
    Edited on: August 24, 2010 7:10 pm

Posted by Andy Benoit

Could the biggest holdout story of the year be coming to an end? If you believe the whispers, then yes. CBS's Pete Prisco just sent this Tweet: "Revis close to deal, according to reports. Shocking? Players don't miss game checks. How many times can I say it?"

Tim Cowlishaw of the Dallas Morning News has been saying all week that Revis and the Jets will have an agreement by, roughly, Wednesday night. CBS's Mike Freeman Tweeted this evening, "So Tim Cowlishaw was right all along."

AOL's Fanhouse wrote earlier:

It's been a weird couple of days trying to make sense of the Darrelle Revis contract negotiations with the Jets, but one source close to the situation told FanHouse on Tuesday that the star cornerback's long-awaited contract extension with the team is "almost there" and could be finalized and announced in the coming days.
    We'll keep you posted...

UPDATE: ESPN's John Clayton and Chris Mortensen are both refuting the story that a meeting between Revis's people and the Jets is taking place Tuesday night.

13. Barry the Baptist

Barry the Baptist Hello son, would you like a lolly?

I think we all would prefer her to go naked too...

14. TommyGreen

TommyGreen Trolls

Ugh. No new news.

15. Doogstein

Doogstein Member

I went through a couple pages before posting and saw Don's post of having all 3 articles up. Mystery solved. Plus Florio's articles are always garbage so I never read those anyways.

Nothing to do with emotionally unstable. Why purposely set your self up for failure when you don't have to is all I'm saying. If it happens to all be true than fantastic; it would make my entire year knowing Revis is a Jet for life. But if it's not true and we've all been gettin worked up for nothing at least I won't be upset about buying into all this speculation.

#6135 Doogstein, Aug 24, 2010
    Last edited: Aug 24, 2010
  16. abyzmul

How on Earth is checking for news on your football team setting yourself up for failure? Do you mean disappointment?

17. ace_o_spades

ace_o_spades New Member

I feel like a failure

--Mike Tannenbaum

18. Doogstein

Doogstein Member

yes my bad. Disappointment.

19. MikeHoncho

MikeHoncho Trolls

I never thought this was all a ploy from the start for Hard Knocks or whatever, and still don't. That would be freaking retarded.

But now that all this buzz is happening, if there were an announcement to be made, it won't be made tonight or tomorrow before Hard Knocks. There is no question the Jets are publicity obsessed these days and even if they had the contract signed, they would hold off and build suspense until Hard Knocks.

20. JetBlue

JetBlue Well-Known Member

how is simply not being worried about disappointment setting yourself up for failure? constantly fleeing from the possibility of disappointment is setting yourself up for failure because eventually you won't be able to, and you won't be equipped to deal with it.

the alternative of being optimistic, and emotionally stable enough to shrug off the disappointment, sure seems like the better tools for success.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.