The Darrelle Revis No Longer Holding Out Thread

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by bojanglesman, Jul 30, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. magic77

magic77 New Member

I understand Revis sitting out because it is quite different how in football, you can be cut any day and the team moves on. So he wants to make sure himself and his family are taken care of. However he is doing it for the wrong reasons, he is doing it because he wants to be the highest paid at his position. Its not like were talking about a guy being paid 1 million vs 5 million. there is a significant difference in that type of contract IMO vs a guy saying no to a 120mil because he wants 160mil. That is just completely absurd, especially for a position that does not have a direct impact on every single play... Contracts like that are reserved for guys like Peyton Manning who single handly wins games for that team

2. ace_o_spades

ace_o_spades New Member

No way but I think Revis will be signed by week 1 of the regular season.

3. championjets69

championjets69 2008/2009 TGG Darksider Award Winner

That is until the 2nd half of the AFCG when our pass rush went south & PM sliced & diced us right?

4. nyJETS0511

nyJETS0511 Banned

BS.....thats how we suffocate this Revis fella.......and we WILL win without the mf'er

5. championjets69

Hope U & TC are correct

6. nycztonee

nycztonee Active Member

Getting into the semantics of this argument is ridiculous but, no that's not how you're supposed to interpret it.

FIXED BELOW.

So it sounds like to me that you assumed that I said EVERYONE will hate Revis. You also use the word hate very loosely, but I won't even get into that.

------------------------------------------------------------

You need to stop putting words into my mouth and make yet another assumption. I'm not essentially calling NY Sports fans morons. Because NY is a huge sports market, we have our larger share of reasonable sports fans along with fair share of moronic fans. Relatively speaking, morons may or may not dominate but they're there. Your desire to escape and converse with only "non-moronic" fans is not even a point of discussion here. Who likes conversing with idiots?

You may hate that argument but how can you deny idiocy to be lacking from the NY sports fan base? Have you not followed NY sports for a long time?

Again, when it may have come out as I generalized NY fans to be "Unforgiving" (not morons) I was speaking for the group of haters/unforgiving/darksider fans. They're there, and in bunches. I was not speaking of all NY sports fans.

Going back to the very beginning of our discussion, I stated that not everyone will leave Revis alone and still stand by that. That was the basis and the starting point of our argument. You disagreeing with me only indicates that you believe that everyone will forget about Revis' contract dispute as long as he plays well for a month. ALL, EVERYONE, 100%, are all very dangerous grounds for an argument, and you've stepped on it.

7. xxedge72x

xxedge72x 2018 Gang Green QB Guru Award Winner

Still the overall point is that the ramifications for the team and the organization have much significance than taking a loss on an investment... the salary cap ramifications affect how competitive the team itself can remain... which is much more significant than the money invested in any individual player. A team that is constantly winning does more for an organization and its shareholders than an individual player, and a disaster with an individual player isn't nearly as impactful as a disaster with the team itself.

8. TommyGreen

TommyGreen Trolls

9. Don

Don 2008 TGG Rich Kotite "Least Knowledgeable" Award W

I guess anything he wanted was already taken.

10. KOZ

KOZ Totally Addicted

We didn't lose that game because our pash rush went away. We lost because Peyton Manning targeted our #2 and #3 cb's on nearly every play, exposing them for the piece of shit players that they are. (Insert Coleman joke/critique here).

11. PinPointPenning10

PinPointPenning10 Well-Known Member

Never felt like Rex should've switched things up and started Lowery over Lito after the secondary had played so well going into that game. I think Strickland, Lowery, and Coleman's struggles had at least partly to do with having to play a new "position" in that game (like nickel instead of dime, for example).

12. championjets69

Yes but what I saw is we also had a non existence pass rush in the 2nd half of that game & I am sure if Jenks was healthy we would have been able to hurry PM a bit taking the pressure off our DBs

13. ........

........ Trolls

Glad I could get you to see things from a less extreme position. You're welcome. :up:

14. fozzi58

fozzi58 Well-Known Member

No it was our #2 & #4 CB's. Strickland was our #3 and he was out. So Lito #2, Lowery #4, Coleman #5.

And once again, we are short a decent CB for depth. Releasing Strickland was probably the only bad move the Jets made this off-season.

15. nycztonee

nycztonee Active Member

Hahaha. All you've shown me was that you enjoy making assumptions and that you can't back up your own arguments. But THANKS! anyway. You have truly made me feel like Revis '09-'10 and you can be hmmm....

mmm..

:rolleyes:

who would you like to play?

Andre Johnson?
    Chad 85?
    Randy Moss?
    Reggie Wayne?

your choice.

16. ........

........ Trolls

You shifted your argument each step of the way from the initial extreme into a much more reasonable stance. It's not perfect, but it's at least an improvement. By even mentioning semantics, the only thing you get across is how horribly stated and inapt your original post was. Again, you're welcome for the push toward redemption.

17. nycztonee

nycztonee Active Member

how much of a "horribly stated" phrase and inaptitude can you actually get out of this?

Initial extreme being what?

My only case of extremity was by saying if we win the whole thing, everyone will forget about Revis' contract dispute. On the other hand, your extreme argument was that EVERYONE will forget about Revis as long as he plays well for the first month. Time will tell which extreme proves to be more accurate. Better yet, just use common sense, and you'll find out a lot sooner.

At least you don't resort to name calling, which is why I even allowed myself to respond to you.

18. ........

........ Trolls

Thank you for deigning to respond, although I suppose it's the least you could do after I helped you out of that corner. Peace be with you.

19. RevisNWash

RevisNWash New Member

bill daughtry on 1050just said he played golf with a big front office guy who said his friend got an email from revis agent at 4AM saying revis will be in by thursday

20. ScotsJet

ScotsJet Active Member

Got to like most we're hearing this week...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.