The Darrelle Revis No Longer Holding Out Thread

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by bojanglesman, Jul 30, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. WhiteShoeWillis

WhiteShoeWillis Well-Known Member

2. ........

........ Trolls

We can see a reason for him to sign by Wednesday. The only benefit I can see to leaking that date--if it IS a last resort date--is that he can make it look like he fully intended to report by a certain point all along.

Leaking it through Cowlishaw makes it look unintentional, but it's certainly possible that was the intention. I'm sure some people would think a little differently about Revis if they figured he was never planning to hold out into the regular season.

3. MadBacker Prime

MadBacker Prime THE Dead Rabbit

The Darrelle Revis Holdout Thread (continued) (Cowlishaw twitter rumored deal done)

The thing that bothers me is that even if this deal gets worked I will never look at Revis the same. Sure I'll cheer for him as a player but as a person he's not too high on my list.

People have said Revis is our Jeter, but Jeter would never do this to his fans or team. As much as I would like to believe a deal gets done I can't truly bite just yet. I'm on board with the theories just not buying it till it really happens.

4. GordonGecko

GordonGecko Well-Known Member

wow you're such a girl

5. ........

........ Trolls

You'll get over it. You may not think you will, but you will. Everyone will get over it but the true darksiders.

6. nycztonee

nycztonee Active Member

everyone will get over it if they win the whole thing. If not, expect to see boatload of revis threads at the end of the season.

7. TommyGreen

TommyGreen Trolls

I think 90% of Jets fans even forgot that Revis held out during his rookie season. No one will give a shit come December. Especially if he's back to 2009 form.

8. xxedge72x

xxedge72x 2018 Gang Green QB Guru Award Winner

Who gives a shit what his personal business is? I know its public but honestly its still his business. These guys don't get paid the major beans to act like fairytale warriors during their down time... they're paid to perform on the football field.

Public or not, his contract is his business and no one elses. Get over it.

9. MadBacker Prime

From a fans perspective, it'll be a lot easier to root for guys like Mangold and Harris.

You're probably right, his first pick 6 will probably erase a lot of my memory. lol

10. TommyGreen

TommyGreen Trolls

Hell, if he comes back tomorrow I'll have forgotten about this mess by Friday's Preseason game.

11. bojanglesman

bojanglesman Active Member

You guys are talking about Drew Coleman, right?:rofl:

12. ace_o_spades

ace_o_spades New Member

December? Nobody will give a shit as soon as he tips a Flacco pass away. At least I won't...it's not like he fuckin tried to fuck my mom or something.

13. ukilledkenny

ukilledkenny You bastards!

As long as he doesn't screw around with the Jets regular season what is there to really be mad about? Until he misses a regular season game this has all been much ado about nothing in my book.

14. MBGreen

MBGreen Banned

+1000

that's it...in a nutshell.

15. championjets69

championjets69 2008/2009 TGG Darksider Award Winner

Even the D/siders want to see us win the VLT so I am sure since it is not there money they like s/shiners will be quite happy if TC report turns out to be correct

16. MadBacker Prime

Get over it? While that is great advice I personally don't like the fact that he's been a distraction on what we were all hoping to be a fantastic season.

Their business is our business, because without our business he's not in this business.

After paying thousands of dollars this past year just for the right to buy tickets it's very much a fans business. As you say I will get over it, I can't thank you enough for your insightful advice.

17. Don

Don 2008 TGG Rich Kotite "Least Knowledgeable" Award W

I agree that he has some fences to mend..seems he does among his teammates too.

18. Br4d

Br4d 2018 Weeb Ewbank Award

If Revis signs the huge deal and the Jets flop he and Mike Tannenbaum will be vying for most hated sports personality in NY in 2 years. And it doesn't matter what either of them do in the interim. Cap-busting cornerback as an albatross hovering over the Jets will be like Isaiah Thomas driving the Knicks into the ground. Guy who signed cap-busting cornerback will be right there also.

19. xxedge72x

xxedge72x 2018 Gang Green QB Guru Award Winner

I've already learned the hard way that holding season tickets gives you about this much "_" stake in the Jets.

So really it isn't a fans business beyond the price they pay for it. If anything its a fan gouging business. It creates an emotional stake which is entirely understandable.

What is truly laughable is the fact that teams are now charging you to buy the right to be gouged. But hey, if people are willing to pay then why not right? But hell, that's a discussion for another thread.

20. ........

........ Trolls

Right. The entire team's fortune now rides on Revis. I'm sure if he has a solid first month, people will be over it. The only way they start to bitch about him after the season is if he does something to cost us that chance. I don't see that happening. Otherwise, they'll pick a more convenient and appropriate scapegoat.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.