The Darrelle Revis No Longer Holding Out Thread

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by bojanglesman, Jul 30, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. hiker

hiker Well-Known Member

Players with those guys as agents: Marques Murrell, Marques Douglas, Sean Ryan, Chris Baker...you get the idea. With that track record of utter failure, why in the hell would anybody hire these assholes? All you will accomplish is to get yourself passed around from team to team and ultimately dumped on your ass with nothing to show for it. Stupid.

2. rick34125

rick34125 Member

Funny (maybe sad), but I'm more interested in what Revis' contract will be than in whether he comes back before the Raven's game. :) :(

The best theory to Tim Cole Slaw's scoop that I've heard so far is that his source became privy to a Revis final holdout date, or something like that.

This explains the media not knowing anything and being in denial because they're focusing on the contract, which in truth could not possibly be signed this week (or probably not even next week with both sides seemingly so far apart according to "League" officials).

According to this theory though, Revis will rejoin the team even before a contract is worked out, contrary to reports that he wouldn't return without a new contract.

Revis might actually redeem himself in the eyes of many fans by returning in this way without a contract.

#5522 rick34125, Aug 23, 2010
    Last edited: Aug 23, 2010
  3. Miamipuck

Miamipuck New Member

By all accounts the players love them (Schwartz and Feinsod)..... just saying.

4. Gator

Gator Active Member

Then we can go back to being really annoying towards Pats, Dolphins, and Giants fans. Seriously, F the Bills. I think everything is boarded up there in this economy and it's snowing.

5. MadBacker Prime

MadBacker Prime THE Dead Rabbit

The Darrelle Revis Holdout Thread (continued) (Cowlishaw twitter rumored deal done)

Well they have negotiated over $900 million in player contracts. Yes $900 million.

6. NYJFan10

NYJFan10 Well-Known Member

Why on earth would he even do that? He might as well sign the Jets' offer, unless it's now off the table after the Mangold deal.

7. ........

........ Trolls

While I doubt that's the case, it would be well within the Jets' rights to say "We made a very good offer, and you rejected it. We took the opportunity to sign Nick, who DID express an interest in negotiating fairly, and we no longer have the resources to accommodate our earlier deal. The new offer is 8 years, $84 million, or you can continue to wait while we start negotiating with David, Braylon, Santonio, and Antonio."

8. Miamipuck

Miamipuck New Member

Yeah well big deal, what is guaranteed? lol

9. TommyGreen

TommyGreen Trolls

An interesting note that wasn't mentioned. Agents get paid a percentage of the TOTAL VALUE of the contract, not guaranteed money. So they're obviously going to be sticklers when it comes to total compensation.

10. edray10

edray10 Well-Known Member

I believe they get a percentage of whatever is actually received, so if a player is cut and doesn't get the last two years of a deal the agents don't receive their commission on the last two years either.

11. rick34125

rick34125 Member

Revis coming to play now and showing his "team first attitude" doesn't negate his desire to negotiate a better deal at some point (particularly for better guarantees) in the future. he just realizes that the offseason has run its course and although a deal to his liking wasn't able to be made yet, it's not worth sitting out the season over.

besides everyone knows the jets are not going to retract whatever offer they've made so far, they've made it clear they want to sign him, but revis might consider that the climate for a deal to his liking will be better by waiting at this point.

12. GQMartin

GQMartin Go 'Cuse

^ this shit isn't funny kelly ~~~

13. hiker

hiker Well-Known Member

Okay, I did some more digging, and I found an interesting article. This from PFT last year:

So Deion ducks the media over the whole Michael Crabtree holdout thing last year, but he talks only to Cowlishaw. Calls him personally. (Edit: in the original Cowlishaw column, he says Deion called him, even though its not mentioned here. I should have quoted from the original article, my bad) And he did it to tease people into watching his show a few days later. Continued...

Edit: yeah, Deion, what did he gain from holding out? Respect my ass...

Sound like a long standing relationship? Lets go back to 1998...

Followed by line after line of shameless ball lapping. Lots more articles to be found, they aren't exactly strangers. He used Cowlishaw to get the word out before, just last year, to promo a future interview about Crabtree's holdout. Why not give him a call again for the same thing?

#5533 hiker, Aug 23, 2010
    Last edited: Aug 23, 2010
  14. Fatman&Robin

Fatman&Robin Member

Cowlishaw did tweet to a Jets fan questioning how a Dallas reporter was able to find out about an imminent deal between the Jets and Revis before any NY journalists. Cowlishaw's reply mentioning the validity of his source in Dallas was something along the lines of "think about it."

My immediate thought was Deion, but is there any proven relationship between Revis and Sanders other than praise?

15. ace_o_spades

ace_o_spades New Member

Deion interviewed Revis last year right? When Revis called Randy Moss and Terrell Owens slouches?

16. NDmick

NDmick Revis Christ

True, and Deion keeps in contact with hundreds of players at one time. I can see he and Revis having a relationship and Dein knowing something about it.

17. lamont_jordan_rules

... nicely researched, thanks for the point of view !!! ...

l_j_r

18. hiker

hiker Well-Known Member

I think I just established a pattern of behavior that would lead to a possible conclusion. Hell, a likely one, actually, considering the few facts we know and best guesses. Its not iron clad, but it does add up pretty well.

A WR and his camp duck the media over a holdout. Deion gets on the phone with Cowlishaw to use him as a friendly outlet to publicize a future TV appearance. The only difference this time, there is a gag order in place on both parties, so it wouldn't be negotiating in good faith if it were known that Deion was running his mouth. And while I don't have any real evidence that Deion is part of the "Revis camp", it sure looks that way right now. You either take it on faith or not, but it does look like a plausible scenario.

19. TommyGreen

TommyGreen Trolls

I expected to hear at least some chatter about this from other sources by now. The longer we go without anyone else corroborating Cowlishaw's story, the less likely I believe this will actually happen.

20. ace_o_spades

ace_o_spades New Member

idk, maybe it's just the optimist in me but I'm having a hard time shooting this down. Tim C is going all in on this prediction, sticking by it adamantly. It just seems so random and nonsensical that it has to be tru

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.