The Darrelle Revis No Longer Holding Out Thread

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by bojanglesman, Jul 30, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TommyGreen

TommyGreen Trolls

My father's brother's former roommate works for the Jets. He's Rex Ryan's personal chef, and I asked him about the Revis situation.

Went down like this:

Me: Yo, what's the deal with this Revis signing on Wednesday thing?

Friend: I don't know, most players think he'll be back this week. BTW, Rex just asked me to bake him a cherry bean cake. I don't even know what that is.

2. Don

Don 2008 TGG Rich Kotite "Least Knowledgeable" Award W

Just stay off the sixth floor.

3. CatoTheElder

CatoTheElder 2009 Comeback Poster of the Year

My assumption was that he got the tip from someone in Hard Knocks.

I never knew that he lived in New Jersey but it's certainly possible that he could know someone in NJ. He deals with a New York team twice a season so it's possible he knows someone over in NJ.

4. MadBacker Prime

MadBacker Prime THE Dead Rabbit

The Darrelle Revis Holdout Thread (continued) (Cowlishaw twitter rumored deal done)

Crap, I missed that one. I'm ordering my favorite Player jersey now then. Hmm, green or white??

5. TommyGreen

TommyGreen Trolls

I doubt he owns his own local source. Someone else would have picked up on it, too. Hell most of the beat writers are from the metro area.

6. FJF

FJF 2018 MVP Joe Namath Award Winner

Championship!!!!

7. Steve032

Steve032 New Member

You're most likely correct, but maybe the local source owed him a favor or something.

8. Br4d

Br4d 2018 Weeb Ewbank Award

Yeah but odds are that none of them had Mrs Wilson in the first grade and her son Arnold is a big shot lawyer now and works for Crumbb, Crumbb and Crumbb, who do work for a producer who knows somebody who works for HBO and that person knows somebody in HBO Sports and they say Revis by Wednesday (or Saturday.)

9. WhiteShoeWillis

WhiteShoeWillis Well-Known Member

Not really. You guys wanna play games, please do so elsewhere (bs forum or whatever).

10. Miamipuck

Miamipuck New Member

On topic.....

So the status is Cowlishaw is backing his source and Glauber/Florio are panning it?

11. CatoTheElder

Basically, yea. Them and Schefter. Revis' people and The Jets are sticking to their media blackout.

12. hiker

hiker Well-Known Member

Florio makes a good living repeating everything that somebody else wrote while making himself look like he is the ultimate fountain of information and he never has to pay anybody a dime for the effort. No skill, no integrity, no class; certainly no insight, much less an informed opinion. He is a glorified search bot, nothing more. And to lend any credence whatsoever to any opinions he may have is beyond ridiculous.

13. ........

........ Trolls

The Darrelle Revis Holdout Thread (continued) (Cowlishaw twitter rumored deal done)

I was wondering why I refreshed this thread and it went from 437 to 436 posts.

At this point, with Mangold in the fold, Revis this week would be gravy. I imagine all kinds of scrutiny will focus for the next few days on his camp.

14. CatoTheElder

I almost want Cowlishaw to be wrong just to see him get ripped apart on ATH the next day.

15. TommyGreen

TommyGreen Trolls

I definitely don't want that. That wouldn't even be close to making things better.

16. AbdulSalam

AbdulSalam New Member

why would you want to see that?

17. ........

........ Trolls

I'd rather have him be right by far. I see nothing positive in him being wrong.

18. Gator

Gator Active Member

Why would you want that? These media guys are all dipshits either way. We need Revis to come walking into Hard Knocks, or even better come in on a Segway and talk about that post he made about going to his first Jets game just to mess with us.

19. CatoTheElder

I'm really not putting too much faith in what he says. As I said, the only source for Cowlishaw that makes sense to me would be someone from Hard Knocks, but with the Revis/Johnson media blackout, I'm really not sure how anyone from that crew would know and be able to keep it quite from all of the reporters covering the Jets in the metro area.

The Jets don't need to give the crews, 3-4 days notice to set up for that. Shit, they could have been there to film it if Revis came in completely unannounced.

If he's right about this: Fantastic.

If not: I'm not going to lose much sleep over what a Dallas columnist, not reporter but columnist, got wrong about a NY/NJ team.

20. hiker

hiker Well-Known Member

I hate those things, how friggin lazy can you get?

[​IMG]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.