The Darrelle Revis No Longer Holding Out Thread

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by bojanglesman, Jul 30, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ........

........ Trolls

The Darrelle Revis Holdout Thread (continued) (Cowlishaw twitter rumored deal done)

That's a lot different than the scenario which I was responding to. I was referring to the idea that the Jets know nothing and he's going to walk in on Wednesday and take the best offer. It doesn't make sense for his team to do that. It would diminish the offer.

If this is his plan, Cowlishaw just killed it and we can expect a signing today.

I still say the most likely scenario is the one AbdulSalam and I were discussing, but who knows at this point?

2. Don

Don 2008 TGG Rich Kotite "Least Knowledgeable" Award W

That's a good point unless the Jets have told him they have made their last offer. Then it's just a matter of getting a few more beach days before showing up.

3. bojanglesman

bojanglesman Active Member

Huh? A little too heavy on the abbreviations man. Are you saying Kellen Clemens is a stupid little whitey?

4. ........

........ Trolls

The Darrelle Revis Holdout Thread (continued) (Cowlishaw twitter rumored deal done)

I like 12. 16 and Mangold I like a lot less than 12 and Mangold, but a lot more than 16 and uncertainty.

I'd assume we lose Harris, though, if it comes in at 16. I would hate that.

5. ........

........ Trolls

And that's certainly possible. I just figure there's a bigger benefit in all this for the side that leaked it.

6. CatoTheElder

CatoTheElder 2009 Comeback Poster of the Year

That position really doesn't make sense, leak or no leak.

7. Brian2008

Brian2008 New Member

Citing NFL sources, Newsday's Bob Glauber reports that Darrelle Revis is "demanding" $162 million over 10 years from the Jets.

The Jets are reportedly offering as much as $122 million over 10 years. None of these figures mean much without the guaranteed money, but Revis' demands are ridiculous if true. While he's certainly outplayed his rookie contract, he still has three years left on that deal. Based on info from his own sources, Glauber isn't buying Dallas Morning News columnist Tim Cowlishaw's report that a deal is close. Aug. 23 - 3:23 pm et

8. Italian Seafood

Italian Seafood New Member

Very astute, champ. I've noticed this and wondered if he regrets that move, as someone here just said he's just another ESPN hero-worshiper now.

Wasn't he the one who "broke" the story that Favre was retiring a few weeks ago?

9. Hobbes3259

Hobbes3259 Well-Known Member

No. Revis has Zero leverage, and Tannenbaum two weeks ago was ready to 'wait till next year'...

No way Tanny bends over on this.

Those two schmucks will be Tanny's bitche$ when this is over.

That said, anything over 12 per is too much.

The market right now is 10. 11-12 is good, with rising salaries to compensate for the market going up.

#5369 Hobbes3259, Aug 23, 2010
    Last edited: Aug 23, 2010
  10. Italian Seafood

Italian Seafood New Member

I took that as Kurt Cobain is a Seattle Lefthanded Wizzard. But I could be wrong because he's dead.

11. OSUBuckly

OSUBuckly New Member

Wasn't this story originally published 2 weeks ago? I've heard that they've been 40 million apart for quite some time now. Sounds like Glauber doesn't have any news and is just rehashing previous info.

12. CatoTheElder

Frankly, I'm more worried about what it would mean for the rest of the FAs like Edwards, Holmes and Cro.

I know there is no chance of signing the core four and grabbing two of these guys with long term deals, but I would have liked to see the Jets pick up one WR long term and tag Cro, depending on how he plays.

Holmes and Edwards are mutually exclusive. We're not going to get either of those guys to take a pay cut and we're certainly not going to get them to take a demotion.

13. CatoTheElder

So what does this tell us? Bob Glauber is a week behind on his paper work.

14. championjets69

championjets69 2008/2009 TGG Darksider Award Winner

Thanks. MHO is since the owners own NFLN they have instructed the GMs to give all scoops to them 1st since it is in the owners best interests since they own the channel & the way they look at it it will maybe boost there ratings & finally make the cable companies not yet signed up like TW sign up.

As for the Favre report I do not know sorry but I do know Him, Morty & Clayton NEVER break any new news. They only report news already known

#5374 championjets69, Aug 23, 2010
    Last edited: Aug 23, 2010
  15. ........

........ Trolls

I agree. I just have to think one thing at a time. If Revis comes in at the lower number, I think it allows the Jets to try to work Harris's deal sooner rather than wait for a new CBA. At that point, they can focus on the new guys. I don't think any of them get dealt with before a CBA either way, but I'd love it if they could command full attention.

16. TommyGreen

TommyGreen Trolls

It's ridiculous for any beat writer to assume that just because one side is demanding something that they're unlikely to waver. Revis can demand all he wants, but the Jets are the ones writing the checks.

17. bojanglesman

bojanglesman Active Member

I think its new because they mention that he thinks Cowlishaw's report is BS.

18. CatoTheElder

Would you frontal lobe it? Or only earlobe it?

19. ........

........ Trolls

Haha. That's what I get for posting on my iPhone.

20. TommyGreen

TommyGreen Trolls

Woody isn't saying anything.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.