New Stadium Parking Question

Discussion in 'Jets Experience' started by snipes824, Aug 19, 2010.

1. LogeSection2RowJ

LogeSection2RowJ Well-Known Member

There's also the option of parking at The Grasshopper Also, up the road on Washington Ave (501) in Carlstadt.

$15 gets you dropped off and picked up, along with a drink coupon. Much better than a satellite parking arrangement, plus after the game you're at a great place to watch the second game that night.

2. JetsSec337Lot13B

Just go to ticketexchange and buy a yellow pass for $25.

3. Digetydog

Digetydog Member

When I first tried to sell seats on SH, I included parking with them. Unfortunately, there didn't seem to be any premium paid by buyers with Parking included. As a result, I unbundled the seats from the parking and got better results.

My theories on why:
    1. Buyers are picking up "extras" for friends and family. Since they have parking, they don't need more.
    2. Single game buyers are not as committed to the "tailgate" culture as STH's. They plan to use mass transit to get into and out of the stadium.
    3. They are dumb and don't know any better.

I suspect all three contribute to the number of "no parking" seats being sold on SH.

4. Digetydog

Digetydog Member

We live in a part of CT that is not convenient to MetroNorth's Train to Game. To use the train, we have to get in the car, drive 30 minutes, pay to park, buy separate tickets on the train, and switch trains repeatedly. While driving will be a nightmare from a traffic perspective, it is easier and cheaper to carpool directly to the game and back from where we live.

The other reason is that we can leave early if we need to. My buddy has an infant and I have one due in September. It is likely we will get a call from "She who must be obeyed" this year.

We are; however, looking at other options for next year.

5. RowOneJetFan

RowOneJetFan Guest

I have no clue why so many on Stubhub have no parking pass. It is very difficult to tell if a parking pass adds value as in historical pricing feature stub hub does not tell you if it included a parking pass.

Interesting many people have tickets both on ticket exchange and stubhub at same time. They have them on stubhub with parking and ticket exchange without parking since ticketexchange forces you to break apart parking. For viking game I had tickets listed on ticketexchange for same price as stubhub (adjusted for fees and parking) and the bundled SH listing sold first.

Tailgating is an odd concept for new season ticketholders and one time attendees at a game. For example for redskins game my friend invited a mutual friend from LI to attend Redskins game and gave him a free ticket. I am taking train as it is right after work so I gave guy my parking pass for free. Guy who gave up season ticket gets mad at me as he said since he was giving a free ticket so he was going to ask guy to tailgate with him and bring some beer and food since he got ticket for free. Meanwhile I know this guy and he has no interest in tailgating, he just wants to arrive at game time watch the game and leave around fourth quarter. Somepeople have more time than others. Some newer people view the Jets as entertainment and are not sports fanatics.

Here are my ways to get to Jets game in order of preference if I am going with 2 or less people.

1) Train
    2) Luxury motor bus with bathrom that leaves 1.2 miles from my house
    3) Drive

Two or more people is
    1)Drive
    2)Train
    3) Lux Bus

Car does not make much sense from LI with tolls, gas and parking as 50% of time I would be driving by myself unless I want to play taxicab driver and pick up people along the way.

6. CT. Jets Fan

CT. Jets Fan New Member

I am in the same situation.

Would love to take the train but I am 45 minutes from the nearest participating Metro-North Station....

Where in CT are you ??

7. Italian Seafood

Italian Seafood New Member

Lot P

I have a question about Lot P. That was always my lot of choice before and by dumb luck it's one of the ones I'm assigned now with upstairs seats.

For the Giant game I was away and sold my tickets/pass to a friend. He doesn't normally go and I explained the best way in/out. He said he couldn't get into Lot P from 120 and ended up in the Izod lot, having to walk through the tunnel. I'm thinking he missed the turn, does anyone have any insight to this? That's where I taligate, I don't want to park at Izod or in the garage, obviously you can't tailgate there. Thanks.

Also, I have an orange pass available for the Redskins game if anyone needs it, I can't make that game either.

8. 17a_tailgater

17a_tailgater Active Member

you can tailgate in the izod parking lots. Just not the parking garage.

9. Italian Seafood

Thanks. I remember that from Van Halen a few years ago, we passed on the garage and went over to the stadium lot to cook out because the Izod lot was full.

But for a Jet game it's much much much easier for me to get in and out of Lot P from 120. I just Google-Earthed it and it looks like the entrance, etc is still there, so I'm thinking my friend just missed the turn in the pouring rain. He's a Raider fan, doesn't go there much, and never drives when he does. I'm just hoping they didn't fuck up my way in/out after I was lucky enough to still have access to my regular lot.

10. Digetydog

Digetydog Member

I am near Hartford and my buddy is near Waterbury.

11. CT. Jets Fan

CT. Jets Fan New Member

Gotcha.

I am in Ridgefield.

12. cuty suzuki

cuty suzuki Member

I did the same as your friend. The signs put up on 120 were wrong. That is why he (and I) missed the turn, the signs said to go straight. Someone in the other parking thread ignored the incorrect signs and went into P.

I went to the Giant game on Saturday. With only 2 types of passes instead of 3 I had no problem parking and did not see any big back ups.

13. Italian Seafood

Awesome, thanks. Yeah, if you don't normally go there and the sign is wrong that will happen. Also, from 120 south if you do go past that turn the next thing is you're between the stadium and the arena.