The Madden 11 Thread

Discussion in 'Video Games' started by Jetfanmack, Aug 10, 2010.

1. ukilledkenny

ukilledkenny You bastards!

I honestly haven't had that issue. He goes down from green after a few plays but I have him on the field as either a OLB in the 3-4 or as a defensive end in the dime, nickel and 4-6 and he has been very effective for me.

2. Tight

Tight Active Member

I have to agree.. Taylor has the most forced fumbles and sacks out of everyone when I play online. Although I did hitstick Vince young yesterday with hitman and I'm pretty sure Vince flipped backwards. Was great..

3. Satire?

Satire? Guest

Fuck madden 11. I play madden 10.

#223 Satire?, Aug 19, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 19, 2010
  4. ukilledkenny

Just one other note on Taylor that I'm sure has been mentioned already but he is rated a 96 as a defensive end. He can certainly get after the QB.

5. Hennessy2710

Hennessy2710 New Member

I always have Gholston and Taylor playing the ends for me. Gholston is a beastt, so is Taylor but every three games online he gets injured either for the game or just imjured in general. Pisses me off, but those 2 get after the qb nicely, and i can drop more guys back in coverage

6. jgangstahippie7:18

Move Bart Scott to DE 96 OVR.

7. Mr Electric

Mr Electric Banned

...that's a pretty cheap move.

8. Jtuds

Jtuds Active Member

If the game is going to allow it to happen, then why not.....it's the geeks who design it that of course don't think to make sure this stuff doesn't happen.

9. ukilledkenny

He is far to valuable at MLB with harris. I much prefer to stick with them in the middle with pace and taylor/thomas on the outside. Move either Taylor(96) or Thomas(85 i think) to end based on who is at OLB and ellis is more than capable of handling the other end spot.

10. GreyhoundJet

GreyhoundJet Active Member

The more i've played this game online the more i've seen how unrealistic it is. It is virtually impossible to stop most offenses. I am currently 11-4 which is pretty good but I still have a ton of trouble getting off the field in third and long and fourth and long situations. This shouldn't be the case, especially becuase i'm the Jets. If you run a blitz then quickly throw it to a rb or te and if you sit back in coverage their guys either find a COMPLETELY empty spot in the zone or the receivers (and even TE's) out run their men because there is no pressure on the QB. If I am down a touchdown and give the ball up I pretty much know that the game is over and that isn't right.

11. GreyhoundJet

Ok, i'm done.. a mediocre tight end outruns jim leonhard by 10 yards on a 15 yard crossing route... i'm siding with the anti-madden people.. this game is so unrealistic its absurd

12. ukilledkenny

Maybe I have played some bad people online but I have been able to get stops at about the same rate I did last year. Stops should be more frequent but most people seem to hate defense.

One thing I have noticed is that it seems like most people are scared to call certain plays. Call everything you can early in the game and see what happens. Some guys freak out if you send pressure, other guys don't know what to do if you take away their drag routes.

13. GreyhoundJet

I had no problem in the beginning but as soon as I got to like 11-2 or 11-3 and the people started getting good I can't stop a thing.

14. ukilledkenny

Well I see your frustrated but i would say stick with it a bit and try to learn how to counter some of the stuff that is burning you. Last year after a few weeks i was getting torched by everyone I played for a good two weeks. I kept playing and really got good at taking away certain things myself controlling a linebacker or safety. It took awhile but being able to shut down guys who had ridiculous online records was pretty rewarding.

The main thing about Madden is that it does reward stick skills over football fundamentals. If a guy is simply on another level than you when it comes to controlling the game you are gonna get torched no matter what you do. Just hope you don't run into too many of those guys in a row because that can kill the game for anyone.

15. Tight

Tight Active Member

16. SF Dave

SF Dave New Member

This makes me very happy. The amount of broken tackles that AP gets in the game infuriate me. Even receivers break a shit load of tackles. And idk what they're gonna do to improve the pass defense, but I like that too.

17. Tight

Tight Active Member

O man Dont get me started. do you know how much times Ive caught him in the backfield only to have him just shake off david harris or bart scott... He trucked kris jenkins the other day... Smh

18. IATA

IATA Trolls

Got my first injury last night! Finally! Peyton Manning broke his left leg on a Cromartie sack in the 1st quarter of the AFC title game. So sweet.

19. LockDown24

LockDown24 Active Member

The online quitting is pretty damn annoying. Now that I'm getting bored with franchise, if they don't fix this soon, Im trading this in for Mafia II. I really hate how this online pass has nerfed the value of the game used.

20. SF Dave

SF Dave New Member

I use the 49ers, so I got a really good front 7 as well. I stop him pretty good on runs, but when he goes out for screens and passes and gets in the open field I can't do anything.

The online quitting makes no sense to me. I don't even know what happens. I've played 3 ranked games online, everyone picks either the Saints or the Vikings. All 3 games I pick the 49ers and still beat them, but late in the 4th quarter they quit, and it will tell me I lost connection to the other player, the first time the game just didn't count at all. The last 2, it counted as losses for me. So even though I've won all 3 games, my record is 0-2 100% DNF. I'm so fucking mad about that shit, I don't think I'm ever playing ranked games again.