The Darrelle Revis No Longer Holding Out Thread

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by bojanglesman, Jul 30, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bojanglesman

bojanglesman Active Member

Oh....and followed up every few pages by MBGreen saying:

This is all the same shit....recycled over and over.

2. ........

........ Trolls

That's not true. There was a post on page 89, I believe, about how Revis visited an elementary school and played with the kids.

Score one for positivity!

3. Br4d

Br4d 2018 Weeb Ewbank Award

Can't kill the thread until the holdout is resolved. This thread is the only thing that is keeping theganggreen.com from exploding with dozens of threads titled "wHy revis is trying gorilla warfare on mikeT's butt" and "Revis Christ's greed is an original sin" and "Just pay the man already! He's worth whatever"

4. MBGreen

MBGreen Banned

*fart*

*recycled filler*

5. JetFanInMD

JetFanInMD New Member

I don't completely agree with his conclusion in that I would be shocked if Revis got a 2 year deal coming out of this negotiation considering how hard Tanny fought for the 3 years left on the contract at this point. Removing a year of the contract would greatly reduce whatever bargaining power the Jets would retain the next time around. If I were Woody I would not approve a reduction in years on the next contract.

6. ........

........ Trolls

Pffft. You getting upset about recycled material is a laugh anyway. You've been recycling the same one liners about farting, boobs, wrestling, and hair metal since you started here. It's like 3/4 of your post count.

7. Br4d

Br4d 2018 Weeb Ewbank Award

I agree that Woody isn't going to give up any years in the contract. Revis deal gave him very good salary compensation early on for a mid-first round pick and the length of the deal with the option years gave the Jets some recoverability if he busted out or did what he has done and became the best corner in the game.

Basically Revis is asking for special treatment and more money than anybody has ever gotten before. He's completely entitled to both of those things. In 2012.

8. ........

........ Trolls

Yeah, I don't even see the point of a 3 year band-aid. Topping off his existing deal with new money serves no purpose and provides no benefit for the Jets other than appeasement, and we sure as hell don't want to start that precedent. It's one thing to extend a deal and lock up a player while increasing his rate. It's another to mess with contracts simply because the contract is no longer 'fair'.

9. MBGreen

MBGreen Banned

are you complaining or just making a statement?

10. JetFanInMD

JetFanInMD New Member

The problem with the 2012 approach from the Mevi$ side is that the Aso contract will no longer be there and he'll have to convince some team that a CB is worth the same as a QB. Hrm, maybe Al will still be alive in '12, who knows.

11. ........

........ Trolls

I think this image explains it perfectly:

[​IMG]

12. JetFanInMD

JetFanInMD New Member

Funny, I see the point. Loyalty to a player who has performed well for your team. My understanding is that the Jets offered the band-aid. Throw in a few million ($3M?) on top of this year's deal and call it a day just to give him some additional money beyond the additional contract. As we all know he has rejected this proposal as being not enough.

Adding $s to his contract for prior performance would enhance the team's reputation and offset some of the fallout from F&S's other clients uproar. They'll never allow it.

13. MBGreen

MBGreen Banned

actually...i like this one better.

[​IMG]

14. bojanglesman

bojanglesman Active Member

Hell, that's my bread and butter material. I like to think I bring crude humor up to the intelligent masses above.

15. ........

........ Trolls

They did offer a bandaid of one year to get him through the $1 million complaint. That gets him in and diminishes the injury concern. I get that. I don't see the point of a 3 year bandaid, bumping up his value over every season. The article mentioned a 2 year, which would shorten the deal by a year. I'm saying I wouldn't even understand it if they kept him at 3 years and bumped him for each year. The Jets get nothing out of that. Tanny said he offered a 4 year deal. That at least extends him an extra year. If there's a bandaid, however, it should cover this season alone.

16. ........

........ Trolls

The only problem with that caption is that she really did need the vest. When the boat capsized, I was already hanging on to her built in flotation devices.

17. MBGreen

MBGreen Banned

yeah, i don't think so.

you're here for the intelligent conversation, remember?......those floatation devices are here for the crude folks.

maybe your giraffe will float. :wink:

18. NDmick

NDmick Revis Christ

From what we know, a 1,4, and 10 year deal were offered.

And nothing can get him into camp. I agree with making him happy for this season and continuing talks for the rest of his career. They want to make him the next Darrell Green, but his camp won't allow that to happen.

19. Hobbes3259

Hobbes3259 Well-Known Member

I say any bandaid should make him play out his rookie deal, and use the SB to cover this years shortfall.

Sort of...

3 year/40 mil extension.

10 mil SB. Reinstate his guarantees.

5 +5 =10
    15 (5) =10 31 mil cash
    10 5 RB 5 Sal
    10 5 RB 5 Sal
    10 5 RB 5 Sal (all Guaranteed against injury only)

Since the Aso deal will not see year three, you're beyond that.
    The extension SB and reinstatement of his previous contract guarantees gives him a boatload of cash.

you get him at the market price for 6 years.

There would have to be penalties for non compliance.

That's the short term deal.

#4399 Hobbes3259, Aug 20, 2010
    Last edited: Aug 20, 2010
  20. Hobbes3259

Hobbes3259 Well-Known Member

Well...If the giraffe floats, then logically he's made of wood, and therefore?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.