Huge Revis slam during Pats/Falcons game

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Footballgod214, Aug 19, 2010.

1. Footballgod214

Footballgod214 Well-Known Member

I know this will get merged with the 1000 page revis thread, but for those who missed the pre-season Thursday night Pats/Falcons game:

Revis got slammed without even mentioning his name:

Announcers: "It's unbelievalbe that a player like Tom Brady could be in his final year of his contract without a new contract"

Other Announcer: "Yes it sure is but with all the uncertainty going on in the NFL it's understandable. Brady could hold out, he could hold the Patriots hostage. But Tom said that's not how his Dad raised him. He signed a contract and he believes in honoring it and playing it out. The rest will take care of itself."

me again, it was impossible to here that on live TV and not have ZERO respect for Revis. Zero. fucking zero.

2. The Dark Knight

The Dark Knight Well-Known Member

I listened to that and I am more mad at Revis than anyone right now, but that comment was not towards Revis at all.

3. NDmick

NDmick Revis Christ

And Revis' uncle and Ty Law have counseled Revis to do what he's doing.

Different families.

Praise Mangold and Harris for being the same way.

4. 624

624 Banned

What is this nonsense?

5. Miamipuck

Miamipuck New Member

Well if you read your question it kind of answers itself. lol

6. ukilledkenny

ukilledkenny You bastards!

OHHHHHHH SNAP!!!

:breakdance:

7. nyJETS0511

nyJETS0511 Banned

HATE TB and the mf'n Pats ( a must to say first)........BUT gotta respect TB's business policy of honoring his contract when Favre gonna make 20 fucking million this year.... a rookie named Bradford making more than him.......considering the putz has only won 3 superbowls

8. Footballgod214

i know, but we jet fans could NOT listen to it and NOT absolutely rile at the simularities and comparisons. Revis? Rookie contract hold out AGAIN? VS mr tom 3-ring brady who honors his signature. his word.

sorry, it said VOLUMES about revis.

9. ........

........ Trolls

Bahaha...I was about to answer "Yes." I just figured it was missing a comma:

10. ........

........ Trolls

Brady received a new contract after his 2nd season in the league. He didn't play out his rookie contract to completion, he was rewarded for outplaying it.

11. 624

624 Banned

I am confused.

12. The Dark Knight

The Dark Knight Well-Known Member

I get his point though. NO DOUBT Brady is a team player and Revis is the exact opposite. That is sad, but true.

13. soxxx

soxxx Trolls

This deserved its own topic. Revis is completely greedy. He knows it to.

14. ........

........ Trolls

I just don't see it as that black and white. There was a big reason why Revis held out as a rookie. The Jets were the ONLY team in that part of the draft insisting on 6 years and they couldn't reach an agreement on terms. Why is he holding out now? Both sides recognize he's outplayed his contract, but they're far apart on his value.

I really don't think we see this out of him again, and I really do think he wants to be with the Jets. I just want to smack him upside the head for being a moron about his contract.

There was no question Brady was going to get a raise. The team tried to give him one BEFORE he became the starter and he turned it down. He became the starter, they immediately gave him a massive raise. What he's doing NOW is being a team player, but he's also made a fortune off of a non-rookie contract already.

Revis comes off looking terrible right now, but the circumstances contribute to that. I wouldn't call him the anti-Brady, just a very talented player who is an absolute moron with a capital asshole about his value.

15. dcm1602

dcm1602 Member

As much as im tempted to agree with this sentiment, I think its unfair to say that Revis is the exact opposite.

Its completely likely (and in my opinion very) that Revis agrees to a compromise before week 1 and plays week 1. Thus making all the stuff hes doing now irrelevant.

If and only if Revis takes it to the next level and continues his holdout into and throughout the regular season then thatll show us all we need to know about his character.

But until then I think based on the guys history we should give him the benefit of the doubt

16. 624

624 Banned

This confirms it, merge the thread immediately.

17. Miamipuck

Miamipuck New Member

I see the fog has lifted.

18. Footballgod214

Yes, but here's the diff: Mr Brady was drafted in the 7th round and glad/lucky/delirious to make the squad for peanuts on the dollar. Then Mo Lewis happened and tom became Mr Brady.

Revis was drafted in the FIRST round and held out of his ROOKIE camp to scrape every penny off the jet's table, only to PULL IT AGAIN half way through. WTF? WHAT THE FUCK?????????

NEVER compare a 7th rounder who pulled off a SB vic and was OFFERED an updated contract with a Revis show me the money Christ.

Jesus.

19. 624

624 Banned

This thread makes me really uncomfortable.

20. ukilledkenny

ukilledkenny You bastards!

But it's ok to compare a guy being patient waiting for his 3rd contract to a guy being impatient about getting his second?