The Darrelle Revis No Longer Holding Out Thread

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by bojanglesman, Jul 30, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Miamipuck

Miamipuck New Member

Keep the Mexican talk to Sanchez and the Bullshit section.

hahahah I know you said beak.........

Also was messing with MB

2. Hobbes3259

Hobbes3259 Well-Known Member

Actually ...I always think about that scene in Godfather II with Don Fanucci...

3. ........

........ Trolls

The Darrelle Revis Holdout Thread ($40 million apart)

I thought that was a picture o you at first. Then I realized it was a different peckerhead.

4. Miamipuck

Miamipuck New Member

Careful I am going to call Dungy and tell him you said Pecker. Besides guilty as charged.........lol

5. The Notorious J.E.T.S

The Notorious J.E.T.S Well-Known Member

Pay the man already. He's the best player in the NFL.

6. Hobbes3259

Hobbes3259 Well-Known Member

he's not the most important......

7. The Dark Knight

The Dark Knight Well-Known Member

How can Revis expect to be liked after all of this? If he holds out into the season, I would have to seriously consider trading him (after the season) due to him wearing out his welcome. I don't know how anyone can cheer for someone so selfish no matter how good he is. Get this thing done and fast.

8. The Notorious J.E.T.S

The Notorious J.E.T.S Well-Known Member

I will haven no problem cheering for Revis when he gets back. He's too good for me to even pretend to not be ecstatic to have him back.

9. 85inthehall

85inthehall Well-Known Member

if they do decide to trade him it has to be to one of the worst team sin the NFL without a chance in hell of winning..let him enjoy his money while playing on awful teams.

10. BigGorilla

BigGorilla New Member

I'm really getting tired of Revis at this point. I'd lower the offer to 8M a year, tell him to play for the 1M he previously agreed to, take the new long-term deal at 8M, or sit out the season and ruin your career. I'd put very little u-front guaranteed money in the deal, make he prove he's going to be around for a while before he get's the big bucks.

But then I've been a Jets fan for over 40 years, so what do I know about football.

11. ukilledkenny

ukilledkenny You bastards!

I'd imagine it would work in pretty much the same way that cheering for Jason Taylor is gonna work. Once a guy makes a big play for your team it becomes pretty easy to like them.

12. Plus, the draft picks would be better.

13. NDmick

NDmick Revis Christ

People are frustrated over the fact that nothing has gotten done.

The same with Emmitt Smith. Once they return, you love them again.

14. ........

........ Trolls

I can't tell if you're being serious or not.

15. The Dark Knight

Nah, if Revis waited 2 years to come back, then was paid $40 million a year and it forced us to lose Mangold and Harris, I would still like him more than Taylor. :)

No doubt, but if he holds out into the actual season, then it will be tough to like him. Remember how good this team is too. They are legit Super Bowl contenders. So not only is he very greedy, but also stupid for not wanting to be a part of this journey. I can't stand that.

I am serious. It is frustrating for sure.

16. NDmick

NDmick Revis Christ

I'll admit that I'm convinced that he'll be back for the Ravens opener, but if not, I'm going to be pretty hurt by this situation. Missing regular season games, IMO, is inexcusable when you have 3 years left on your contract, and your organization is the one who wants to pay you more. But I do get why he wants so much, he's the best. There are 95% worth of small details I'm unaware of, so I keep out of the arguments and just hope he returns before September.

I agree he needs to be apart of this. If he misses one season where he could have got a ring, and let's say his only ring, it'll be a gigantic blemish on a possible HOFer.

17. ........

........ Trolls

I'm not arguing that it's not frustrating. Nor am I saying I can't tell if you're seriously upset. Everyone is upset by it. It's a shit situation. What you said, though:

Trade him due to wearing out his welcome? You don't know how anyone will be able to cheer for him?

If he holds out into the season, everyone will be pissed. He'll rightfully take some flak, especially since the 10 year, 120 million dollar offer is MORE than what any CB deserves. However, as soon as he comes back and helps us start winning games, all will be forgotten.

I said I couldn't tell if you were serious about trading him because he wore out his welcome. That's crazy.

18. ........

........ Trolls

I get why he wants a lot of money. I don't understand why he wants more than Asomugha. It seems unbelievably shortsighted and horrible. As I've said, I don't disagree with his decision to hold out for a new contract, but I sure as hell disagree with his decision to continue to hold out with a great offer on the table.

Still, regardless of when he comes back, I'll cheer my ass off for him. The only way I'm going to get pissed is if the team caves and gives him so much that we're eventually unable to resign some of our guys.

19. The Dark Knight

Yeah, thats extreme, you are right. I just can't believe it has gone on this long. It just hit me tonight. The team is special. Revis is a special player. What is he thinking? People keep saying to me that his agent is the reason for all of this, but I can't agree with that. Players play. Its Revis' choice not to be there and his choice not to fire his agent if he is the reason he isn't with the team. How can I guy hold out after he held out to get the extra years, then wants no part of them? I guess I am the most upset because I did not expect this from Revis.

20. GordonGecko

GordonGecko Well-Known Member

We all know the deal. As of today Mevis is a cocksucking sack of shit we hope gets his greedy ass taught a serious lesson we can't cheer for anymore. If he signs tomorrow then he's back to the god given talent we all wear jerseys for and love til the last down because Revis is a football god!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.