17a New Stadium Tour - PSL's, NEW STADIUM STUFF GO HERE

Discussion in 'Jets Experience' started by 17a_tailgater, Feb 8, 2009.

1. Section 227. Row 5

Section 227. Row 5 Active Member

I hope your mother buys tickets on Craig's List and gets kicked out of the stadium.

2. jets4life3

jets4life3 New Member

Save money for PSL, Promo Code For Jets Gear

Hey Guys- Just wanted to pass along a solid discount code for Jets gear I found on Reebok.com. Promo code 828890 is good up to 40% off. (They also gave me free shipping) Just Use enter code 828890 when checking out. They don't have a ton Jets stuff, but they have jerseys and hoodies and sneaks.

3. pats-hater

pats-hater Active Member

BOOM! Headshot/

4. Digetydog

Digetydog Member

Sadly, I suspect you are right and think they may have done it to the PSL holders in the lower bowl as well. There are now two large blocks (13 and 21) of seats available on SH to the Vikings game listed for Row 45 in Section 106. Of course, they have the lowest price available in the LLEZ and their seats will have to sell b/f anyone else can sell.

Does anyone seriously believe someone spend $105K and $65for PSL's in the last row of Section 106?

5. pats-hater

pats-hater Active Member

This thread is becoming saturated with shrews trying to sell their wares.

wtf?

6. RowOneJetFan

RowOneJetFan Guest

Actually I did not tailgate or eat at the game. Damm Bronx was so crowded ate in traffic. Monday was the third time I drove to a Jets game since I went to my first game when I was 19. Greatly looking forward to the train next two games. Tolls, gas, parking, ice, coals, coolers, tents sounds like a lot of effort when I can just buy some tall boys and a dog in Penn for ten bucks.

I thought there was already a tailgating forum. Maybe you can post there and I can post in ticket section.

I like to get there ten minutes to game time on train and leave within five minutes of end of game, I am a true fan. I don't care about getting drunk in lot, throwing footballs or even talking much to people in my section. In fact I don't even like people sitting in front of me as I want to watch the game and not some bone head yelling JETS at all the wrong times.

NMS said they want more people on train and less in parking lot. In fact they want 3,000 less cars per game, I am training rest of season so as a true fan they now only need 2,999!

Mark Lamping, CEO New Meadowlands Stadium said this about Traffic Patterns and Parking
    Last night was the first event that had the entire parking lot open. They finished the new parking lot on Sunday evening, signs, resurfacing. 16W and 18W entrances have been widened. Both teams have parking policies. They are doing the best they can to get cars parked as close as possible which will make it easier getting in and out. Last night there weren’t many reported parking issues, but since it was a preseason game a lot of people left early. The train will help, if they get 10,000 fans on the train that means 3,000 less cars in the parking lot.

7. RowOneJetFan

RowOneJetFan Guest

My mother was a saint who was left a widow after my dad died at an early age of cancer with four young kids to raise, she never remarried and worked night and day to get her four kids through college and then she herself died way too young of a horrible drawn out disease she did not deserve.

I thought you were raised in a generation that no matter how much joking was going on you would never resort to attacking a man's dead mother.

8. pats-hater

pats-hater Active Member

I don't know how to respond other than to laugh. Not at ROJF or anyone else, just to laugh.

9. GordonGecko

GordonGecko Well-Known Member

Does not surprise me one bit. I'm sure it's technically legal but it sure is slimey

10. Chrisp22

Chrisp22 Active Member

Mark Lamping is talking out of his ass. All he has to do is scout out the numerous message boards like this one to see numerous people were stuck in traffic to varying degrees around the stadium.

In fact we have 1 poster who corrected the parking staff about being able to enter Lot P.

Did Mr. Lamping state the Club parking was half empty? Well it was. In fact, Lot D wasn't too full either.

The caste parking system is probably the biggest complaint amongst season ticket holders.

BTW ROJF - A real fan sticks with the team to the end of the game, not to get out the stadium before the traffic, crowds, etc. You may be a Jets fan but are not a "real fan."

11. GrindHouse

GrindHouse Member

Why would the Jets sell tickets game by game on Stubhub. That kills their hopes of selling any of those tickets as a Psl sale. What if Jim wants seats in the last row of 106 but the Jets have already sold 1 out of 8 games to somebody. They basically just shot themselves in the foot by listing seats on Stubhub that a fan could pick up later on in the season. The gold is in the PSL not them selling the season tickets.

12. RowOneJetFan

RowOneJetFan Guest

I respect your opinion and feel free to pick on me and only me. I don't leave early as I usually take train so have no need.

What caste system are you talking about? I pulled into J and parked, guy did not even scan my parking pass. In fact if you asked nice they were letting greens park in yellow, in fact they were even letting people pay at some gates. I though parking was good, but I did not come from route 3 went that 17 to some plank road way and right into pepsi gate.

real issue is people bought green passes in first place, PSL holders can buy as many yellows as they wanted this season so there was no need to buy a green pass.

13. Section 227. Row 5

Section 227. Row 5 Active Member

After your remark about "kicking out little old ladies" I figured your deserved it. Now, in light of what you say, I am truly sorry.

But it's also hard to take anything you say at face value, ROJF. You truly are the boy who cried wolf very often. But if this is the case with your mom, you have my heartfelt apologies.

14. Digetydog

Digetydog Member

You are 100% correct. They cannot list them on SH and hope to sell PSL's. BUT, lets say the seats have a FV of $120 and a PSL of $5,000. Let's say they didn't sell prior to the season.

If Reseller comes to them and says: I'll take 100 seats for $100 per seat. The Jets just made $10,000 per game and nobody is the wiser. Next year, the Jets can sell the seats and the PSL to somebody.

If the reseller, net of fees, can sell them for more than $10,000, it makes a profit.

Let's say you need to sell your ticket to the Vikings game. In order to break even including SH fees and a pro rata share of the PSL, you need to sell it for $200+ while they can make money at any price north of $120 per ticket. Obviously, they can drive down resale prices.

Note: I made up the numbers, but if the Jets are dumping blocks of tickets to resellers, it is much worse than what the Giants did yesterday.

15. GordonGecko

GordonGecko Well-Known Member

It's the other way around, they tried everything humanly possible and could not sell X PSLs. On top of that, the owner has sworn in public no tickets would be sold individually. So what do they do? They sell in secret in bulk to resellers and potentially straight through stubhub. Of course they hold some back for potential PSL sales, but when those don't go they have to unload them too

16. alleycat9

alleycat9 Well-Known Member

well hopefully the story will get leaked out. there may be no day of reckoning but we all know and they know what a clusterfuck they made this into.

i will agree that selling huge sections of tickets to resellers is worse than what the giants did. however the jets dont seem to care about doing whats right they seem to only care about what makes them look good and what makes them as much money as possible.

i can just feel woody tightening the purse strings after this year, i can fucking taste him fucking everyone after luring them into a long term investment.

17. GrindHouse

GrindHouse Member

Correct me if I am wrong but isn't that the point of a business? It's also the American way for most companies out of the USA!

18. RowOneJetFan

RowOneJetFan Guest

apology accepted. now please feel free to insult me and only me as much as you like. I am extremely touchy about anyone ever saying anything bad about my Mom.

19. alleycat9

alleycat9 Well-Known Member

yeah thats what the country was built on. lies and deceit.

once upon a time there were companies that made a good product for a decent price. THIS is not what is going on with the jets. the thought that fuck everyone and everything, make as much money as you can no matter what means you need to use is what has fucked this country and will eventually fuck this franchise.

20. CT. Jets Fan

CT. Jets Fan New Member

He didn't say anything bad about your Mom.

He said something bad about Craig's List.