New Stadium Parking Question

Discussion in 'Jets Experience' started by snipes824, Aug 19, 2010.

1. snipes824

snipes824 Member

I am thinking about buying a couple of tickets off of StubHub for the Monday night opener against the Ravens. How would parking work? I wouldn't have their parking pass so is there an open lot to park in for those without the pass? I don't care about it being in a really shitty spot or far away, I just want to know I'll be able to park.

Thanks.

2. franzman9

franzman9 Member

No satellite parking is avaliable.

edit: take the train.

3. ToddtoBarkum

ToddtoBarkum Member

You will have to park in a satellite lot - meaning off of the Meadowlands premises. Just follow Orange construction signs. There will be shuttle buses that take you to the stadium and the same to get back to your car. No tailgating allowed in these lots.

4. snipes824

snipes824 Member

Damn. This is what I figured. Those shuttle busses will probably be a big pain in the ass. I've got to think about this. Thanks for the responses.

5. 17a_tailgater

17a_tailgater Active Member

they actually got rid of those shuttle buses i thought. the shuttle buses posters where talking about where from Lot P and the Izod Lots.

6. 17a_tailgater

17a_tailgater Active Member

http://www.newmeadowlandsstadium.com/parking.php#permits

Shuttle Buses for Ticket Holders
    •Shuttle buses will be provided from Parking Lot P and the surface parking lots and parking deck located on the east side (IZOD Center) of the Sports Complex to the stadium.
    •Ticket holders who park in these lots can also walk to the New Meadowlands Stadium. Please use the sidewalk from Parking Lot P and the Pedestrian Bridge from the east side of the Sports Complex.

7. CT. Jets Fan

CT. Jets Fan New Member

The Orange Lots are not satellite lots...

They are on the Meadowlands property.

Plenty of Tailgating allowed in the Orange Lots.

You have the option of walking to the Stadium or taking a Shuttle Bus.

So basically you got the part about the Shuttle Bus right.

8. pats-hater

pats-hater Active Member

The dude does not have a parking pass and it appears he is not buying one.

9. cuty suzuki

cuty suzuki Member

There were a bunch of hotels and restaurants on Rt 120 between Izod and Lot P parking cars for $20 - $25 on Monday night.

Check out parkwhiz.com for a couple of them

10. snipes824

snipes824 Member

So is the general concensus that I have to take the train or I'm SOL? That's pretty annoying.

11. CT. Jets Fan

CT. Jets Fan New Member

Depends where you are coming from...

The train is great depending on your circumstance.

But if you want to tailgate...
    If you are buying game tickets off StubHub, why not just purchase a Parking Pass for the Stadium on StubHubn ??

12. dthomas53

dthomas53 New Member

If you don't care about tailgating, you can always park at Secaucus Junction and take the train in. Not that expensive at all, runs frequently, and drops you off right outside the stadium.

http://www.njtransit.com/sf/sf_servlet.srv?hdnPageAction=TripPlannerMdwIzodTo

I took three times last season. My only complaint was on one trip they had the heat cranked up and the train was packed. It was freezing outside, so everyone was wearing numerous layers and sweating about 10 pounds in water-weight.

13. snipes824

snipes824 Member

I will be coming from Long Island. We definitely want to tailgate but we are going to have other friends there who own PSL's and could walk over to where they are parked to hang before the game.

Do they sell single game parking passes on stubhub? I would do that but how much would they run? I figured all they had were the season long passes.

14. Don

Don 2008 TGG Rich Kotite "Least Knowledgeable" Award W

So I would think it would be hard to sell tickets off stubhub without a parking pass unless somebody lives close enough to the train to make that worthwhile.

15. snipes824

snipes824 Member

I have never had season tickets so I don't know. Are the parking passes separate for each game? Or is it 1 pass that you keep in your car the whole season? If they are going to sell a game ticket and the passes are separate I'm sure they would give up the pass as well, right?

If it's just 1 pass then I'm back to square 1.

16. CT. Jets Fan

CT. Jets Fan New Member

You can buy a single parking pass off StubHub, Ticket Exchange, Craigslist and a bunch of other sites.

Some people sell parking passes along with their game tickets...some sell just game tickets...some sell just parking passes.

Look around..you won't have a problem finding what you are looking for..

But you might also consider the train from LI since someone else will already have the Tailgate set up.

I haven't taken the train..but I've heard good things from LIers who prefer the train to dealing with travel and traffic and parking issues.

So basically...you can do whatever you decide.
    All you have to do is, ahem, actually decide.

17. snipes824

snipes824 Member

Thanks for information I appreciate it. I'll look around and see what I can do.

18. Section 227. Row 5

Section 227. Row 5 Active Member

When a STHer buys his season tickets and opts to pay for Parking Passes as well, he gets his ticket package and he also gets a booklet of 10 Parking Passes. The booklet costs $250 (for UD), which is 10 passes @ $25 each. Each one of the 10 Parking Passes is only good for one specific game. You get games A and B (preseasons) and then Games 1-8 (regular season).

So, to answer your questions, yes there are separate Parking Passes for each game (and only specific to that game) and there is no single, universal Pass for all games.

Buying tickets on STubHub does not necessarily mean the seller will "give yup his pass," though, unless specifically mantioned. Remember, he paid $25 for that pass to that specific game and he may opt to try to sell it on ePay to recoup his $25 or more. You're going to need a parking pass to get into the parking lots, even if you then are going over to the PSL parking area to tailgate.

19. Section 227. Row 5

Section 227. Row 5 Active Member

I would think so too, but there seems ot be a lot of tickets for sale on SH without parking passes included. I think this is mostly the result of someone having 4 tickets, for example, and only being able to use 2. So he lists the 2 on SH and obviously does not want to include the PP becasue he is going to need it.

I've often wondered what a guy does with just the tickets then... and no PP. If he takes the train, that explains it. But what about the many other tickets that are on SH without PP? Do some buyers not realize they are going to need a PP? Or maybe they're willing to go thru the hassle of trying to park somewhere illegal, like up on the grass, for instance?

20. JetsAllOverYoFace

JetsAllOverYoFace New Member

I just bought 4 tix to the Jets-Viking game Monday night 10/11 from ticket exchange. I also bought, separately from the same website, a yellow parking pass\ for $25 + fees = $35.

I'm curious, for those that don't tailgate, why drive to the game?

Heres the site:

ticketexchangebyticketmaster.com/NFL/new-york-jets-tickets/