The Official Hard Knocks Thread

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Hennessy2710, Aug 7, 2010.

1. ........

........ Trolls

I feel fine about him. I'm certainly not going to base my opinion solely on one preseason game in which he saw frequent 7 and 8 man fronts and an edited TV show. The things we saw are concerning, but it's way too early to feel one way or the other.

2. TommyGreen

TommyGreen Trolls

Sanchez is obviously committed to being excellent, so whenever he fails, it fuckn' hurts. That's what I see.

He'll eventually learn to take it like a man. He obviously bounced back with a great performance in the first Presesaon game.

3. nyjunc

nyjunc 2008 TGG Bryan Cox "Most Argumentative" Award Winn

Obviously he has a long way to go but everything we have seen from him has been pretty much negative. Throwing up in rookie camp, failing his conditioning test at TC, poor debut in preseason and looked almost disinterested in practice on Hard Knocks. He deserves alot more time to get through these initial struggles but he hasn't shown anything so far which is a disappointment. We are counting on him to contribute this year and right now it doesn't look like he will be.

4. TommyGreen

TommyGreen Trolls

Just a month ago he could barely go through a workout without throwing up. We can afford to be a little patient with him. He's progressing.

5. ........

........ Trolls

I've already said why I'm not concerned about the first two. The preseason debut was just that: a preseason debut. He didn't look good, but he also never had any holes open up inside. I want to see him with the first team line. If he still looks like that, you're damned right I'll be concerned. After the initial struggles, I'm not surprised that they opted to show his struggles in TC on Hard Knocks. However, we saw what...5 minutes of him out of all his time at TC? Given that we've also heard positive reports in the media about how he's doing in camp, I'll wait until this week, see how he does with some carries with the first team, and hope that he looks better.

I wouldn't make any proclamations about whether it looks like he'll contribute based on the information we have so far.

6. bdsarine

bdsarine New Member

The talent is definitely there. He never really had a good opportunity to show out at USC because of crowded backfields and injuries but he could be a solid change of pace back. Hopefully he realizes what it takes to become a productive player and gets his head on straight. Not looking good so far though...

7. JetFanInMD

JetFanInMD New Member

I don't think that he feels above things. I think he is just emotionally immature and doesn't yet know how to man up. If he just took what Cavanaugh was saying in that shot to heart he could be a much better QB. Instead he sulked through the shot just like a teenager.

8. nyjunc

nyjunc 2008 TGG Bryan Cox "Most Argumentative" Award Winn

I haven't made any proclamations, he has plenty of time to get it but he has not looked good so far and that's ok for a rookie in his first camp but the attitude he displayed last night was disturbing especially considering his mini camp and TC failures conditioning wise.

One other thing- Rex always goes out of his way to pump guys up in the media. Outsode of a day or 2 after he failed his test I haven't read or heard anything positive about McKnight from rex.

9. Italian Seafood

Italian Seafood New Member

The good thing about McKnight is hopefully we won't need him a whole lot. Even if we had kept Leon he probably wouldn't have contributed early in the season either, so we'll see what happens. What's done is done, let's hope he gets it eventually.

10. sackexchange

sackexchange Well-Known Member

McKnight makes me miss Leon in a big way. Right now the only positive thing I can say about McKnight is at least we only wasted a 4th round pick on the guy. I hope I'm wrong.

11. BK_Jetsfan

BK_Jetsfan New Member

It's funny, I thought I was the only one who felt this way (both your before and after). I was pretty impressed seeing him behind the scenes. But as someone else observed, I wonder if this will put him on the radar of other teams looking for a Rex-type defense.

12. LeonNYJ

LeonNYJ Well-Known Member

http://espn.go.com/blog/new-yorkjets/post/_/id/1228/a-m-practice-hogtied-to-the-goalpost

13. ace_o_spades

ace_o_spades New Member

lolol thats wat u get...if only they did that to Rhodes last year for talking shit to the coaches

14. Lynkx

Lynkx Active Member

Oh stop. He was pissed at himself, it happens, he's fucking 23 years old, if you didn't notice, when they showed him in the preseason game, Schotty yelled "Let it Go, Mark" and Mark said "It's already gone" -- That's what Cavanaugh was talking about, that's what they wanted to see and he did it. You're reading way too much into one chewing out by his QB coach.

15. KOZ

KOZ Totally Addicted

16. KOZ

KOZ Totally Addicted

17. LeonNYJ

LeonNYJ Well-Known Member

Star Ledger had this little bit to add
    http://www.nj.com/jets/index.ssf/2010/08/cb_brian_jackson_gets_the_rook.html

18. Italian Seafood

Italian Seafood New Member

I agree. The whole idea is to take what happens in practice and apply it in the game, which is exactly what he did.

19. AlioTheFool

AlioTheFool Spiveymaniac

I was going to say exactly this.

The thing about the scene is that it wasn't Sanchez acting like a teenager with his hands over his ears. He was sulking over himself, which was supporting the exact same point being made to him.

Then, as seems to always be the case with Sanchez, he showed he learned the lesson later in the clip from the game that you mentioned.

What last night's episode showed was simply a reinforcement of everything we hear about Sanchez. He's hard on himself, and he's always receptive to learning lessons when someone tries to teach him.
    --------------

Anyway, my two favorite parts of last night's show were the Shake Weights and when Sanchez did the whole "Look how Lance walks, it's so weird." Then he mimiced it. I laughed uncontrollably. Freaking hilarious!

20. Lynkx

Lynkx Active Member

Fucking Weatherford and those shake weights was brilliant.