Hard Knocks Tonight - Links

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by jetsflyinginjersey, Aug 11, 2010.

1. Pluvrr

Pluvrr Active Member

Yeah, you're paranoid as fuck. Who the hell cares, we're the fucking New York Jets man and we're going to win the fucking Super Bowl.

2. RunLeonRun

RunLeonRun Active Member

If this team ever won the super bowl it can't get any better. How much more awesome would it be for everyone to cry about us all season, go 13-3 and win the super bowl?

the down side is all the criticism we'll get if we don't win it all.

3. jaywayne12

jaywayne12 Well-Known Member

Thats another way of looking at it. Possible. Just that I cant remember a team that hasnt won a thing talking so much shit.

Like I said, Im not sure where the hell I stand on it. We are getting, as Jet fans, more press than we have had in the past 40 years in a 6 month period. Sure..thats a good thing. Its helping us become as relevant, if not more, than the Giants.

If my memory is correct...I cant remember a team BEFORE THE SEASON...having so much of the limelight on them in my life..in any sport..before they have won anything.

4. jaywayne12

If this team wins the Super Bowl...with the amount of stuff thats been thrown out there before the fact, it would be an even more incredible accomplishment than what any other team has done in recent memory. It would be the most perfect season as a Jet fan.

If not...forget about the criticism...your forced to look in the mirror and completely handle the following year in a different manor. You would hear things from this team like shut up and put up. You could never go down this path again...because for the most part...teams would laugh at you if you tried this bravado again.

This is a make or break year...bottom line.

5. Pluvrr

Pluvrr Active Member

Naw, it is all about psychology. Just like when Parcells took over he had to instill new confidence in the team because no matter how good you are physically, if you can't think you'll win the Super Bowl, then you won't.

If we don't win the Super Bowl, fuck 'em. Every year we start the season believing we'll win the Super Bowl and we'll get there a whole lot sooner than if we're thinking "maybe."

6. jaywayne12

There are a lot of teams that believe they have a chance to win the Super Bowl....probably about 8 teams.

I follow the Parcells thinking but even he didnt go this overboard. Hey...like I said...Im not sure how I feel about it. There is a part of me that says fuck it too. Go for it. Change the culture. Lay it out there.

Problem is that when you get off to a sour note..teams go for the jugular when they talk shit and are down. It gets that much harder to right the ship. It creates more obstacles then a team probably needs to survive an NFL season. If it works...it makes it even more gratifying.....I get that part.

If it doesnt...next year..instead of building on what you did...it makes it harder. That will be a fact. You would have to change your approach because you will even get some inside the locker room that would not back an approach of "we are going to fucking kill everyone this year...for real" attitude.

And I guarantee....GUARANTEE...this board will be filled with Jet fans shouting "just shut the fuck up and win" instead of all the chest pumping we see now...including me. Im just as guilty as the next Jet fan.

7. NYGalPal

NYGalPal Well-Known Member

8. Ten

Ten Active Member

9. NYJalltheway

NYJalltheway Well-Known Member

I'm praying this uploads quicker than last week for me haha.

GalPal Thank you so much..seriously. If you weren't uploading these IDK how many of us would even get to watch it.

10. donkey

donkey Well-Known Member

On the download now. I too join the chorus of thanks to you.:up:

We've come a long way since I used to have to check the newspaper on a Tuesday morning on the off chance they had the NFL scores!

:jets:

11. bdsarine

bdsarine New Member

Thxxxx!!!!!!

12. Sandman

Sandman Well-Known Member

Thanks so much for uploading it Galpal, i get to watch it tonight in the uk now :)

But in case some of you cant download it they do put them on the official site, they did last week so im assuming they will carry on. I just dont know how quick they do it.

13. Sandman

Sandman Well-Known Member

oh god yeah! getting up and checking teletext was the way i used to do it. On the way into work i saw a guy in a Revis Jersey. The Jets are growing as a force over here i think :)

14. supersonic

supersonic Well-Known Member

15. championjets69

championjets69 2008/2009 TGG Darksider Award Winner

Do U have the link like you posted last week where you do not need to wait for the download?

16. OnRevisIsland

OnRevisIsland New Member

Hello there!

Could someone do me the honor of PM-ing me the link again this week?

Thanks in advance!

Chris

17. gustoonarmy

gustoonarmy 2006-2007 TGG.com Best International Poster of the

Its somewhere in this thread...somewhere.
    Thanks NYGalPal, your the best !!!

18. gustoonarmy

gustoonarmy 2006-2007 TGG.com Best International Poster of the

Was a 50 years anniversary one? I still have 2 to sell , size 48 :up:

19. plink72

plink72 New Member

It won't show links for me because I have less than 10 posts. Can you forward it? Thanks.

20. mpjohnny5

mpjohnny5 Active Member

Please could somebody send me the link to d/l it. Ya i know I new here Im a hardcore Jets/Rangers fan tho youll be seeing me around for sure now.