The Official Hard Knocks Thread

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Hennessy2710, Aug 7, 2010.

1. Hobbes3259

Hobbes3259 Well-Known Member

Yup..Someone call Kinghenry89...He's the antiWoodhead.

2. ThunderbirdJet

ThunderbirdJet New Member

How good is Mangold?

Jenkins gets double teamed by most opponents. Granted it was editted, but Mangold has apparently been whooping ass on Jenkins one on one. Mangold may be the best Center the Jets have ever had, and that is saying something, we've had some really really good centers.

Oh God, please bring us you second son.... we need him. It is time.... the Namath deal with the devil has expired. It is our time. Bring Revis' agents towards the light... make them talk to a burning bush... sumpthin.

3. GordonGecko

GordonGecko Well-Known Member

I'm down with that, he's hands on which is the kind of ownership you want (like Steinbrenner)

4. 624

624 Banned

He's a billionaire he does whatever the fuck he wants.

5. JCotchrocket

JCotchrocket Active Member

Outside of a sole stiff-arm, I'm not impressed by anything I've seen out of McKnight either. But you need to keep things in perspective. You don't need to go to the extreme of "Bah!!!! He's not good now, he'll never be good!!! Cut him before we offend Danny Woodhead!!!!"

6. ThunderbirdJet

Woody was privledged, born with the golden spoon in his mouth. His empire runs without him now. The Jets are his toy. That doesn't say the Jets aren't important to him, clearly they are. He wants to win, and he wants to be involved, but I don't see him interfering either. He lets Tanny and Rex have free reign.

I don't care if he looks like Gary Meyers or Don Knotts. He kept Tanny, and be sure, he had to approve of Ryan too. I think we could do a lot worse for an owner.

7. Jetskees

Jetskees New Member

Sanchez seemed to handle his first pass in the preseason game getting picked pretty well. It's clear he cares a lot about doing well and improving, but I think he does a good job of keeping his head up and learning from his mistakes... this is best evidenced by the fact that he came back and played well the rest of the half after the interception.

8. ukilledkenny

ukilledkenny You bastards!

Like Hobbes said I would think that the most that would happen as far as staging something is maybe a producer or something just asking all of them if they could discuss a certain player or event at some point throughout the day. I would hope it isn't more than that.

9. ThunderbirdJet

Let's not over react. I said he looks like a bust, I did not proclaim him one. I just don't like what I am seeing in the preseason game, the puking, the failure of the fitness test, and now comments by the CS and his attitude in Hard Knocks.

If these aren't red flags, OK, I'll wait for flames to start shooting through the roof, fuck the smoke, it means nuthin.

10. WhiteShoeWillis

WhiteShoeWillis Well-Known Member

He doesn't exactly fill you with confidence. Hopefully Santonio can take him under his wing and help him get his head on straight. It seems like he's completely overwhelmed right now.

11. EnigmatiC

EnigmatiC Member

See Jim Dolan.

12. MK1

MK1 Member

Woody does not own or is a part of J&J.

The portrait captures four generations of Robert Wood Johnsons: great-grandfather, grandfather and father gathered around Woody as an infant. The three men played significant roles in creating or shaping J&J. The fourth did not.

Fascinated by the family business, Johnson used to linger when his father held evening meetings on the porch. As a teenager, after working one summer at a plant in on Route 1 in New Jersey, he knew he wanted to follow his father and grandfather at J&J.

The plan fell apart, starting in 1965, when Johnson’s father lost his job in a falling-out with Johnson’s grandfather. The two men he most idolized died soon after: his grandfather in 1968 and his father in 1970. Two younger brothers died — one from a drug overdose, another in a motorcycle accident — in 1975.

http://www.nytimes.com/2010/03/28/sports/football/28owner.html?pagewanted=2&_r=1&ref=sports

#692 MK1, Aug 19, 2010
    Last edited: Aug 19, 2010
  13. TheBlairThomasFumble

TheBlairThomasFumble Active Member

Brunell will never sleep well until she's married. Poor guy.

14. LeonNYJ

LeonNYJ Well-Known Member

Was about to post something similar myself. People seem to think Woody runs J&J, but he never even worked for them.

15. ThunderbirdJet

Woody still has a lot of J&J stock, but his empire is in real estate now. Like Bloomberg, his company runs itself. NYC is Bloomberg's hobby. The Jets are Woody's hobby. Think about it... Woody retained Tanny, stuck with him thru the failed Mangini experiment, and now Rex. In the truest sense, he is an incredibly good manager of talent. He does not have to be involved in the day to day operations of his business interests, he can spend time sailing the globe... or being the owner of the Jets. In any case, yes, he is a billionaire as far as I know.

16. MeanGreene23

MeanGreene23 New Member

the things i would do for a link to this shit right now

17. TommyGreen

TommyGreen Trolls

Has anyone else found it strange that Mangold doesn't have one spoken line in all of Hard Knocks? I don't even think I heard him grunt.

18. jetsmets93

jetsmets93 Member

anyone else notice that during the practice rant by woody he was dry humping the air.

19. DRC™

DRC™ Active Member

quote of the night

"He just mad he he had to take a paycut"

Bart on McKnight :rofl:

20. ThunderbirdJet

I did actually, notice that. Then I noticed that the next player in the line was doing it too. TC must be a bitch.