Tony Dungy wouldn't hire Rex Ryan

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by MBGreen, Aug 16, 2010.

1. kinghenry89

kinghenry89 New Member

Yeah, that Tony Dungy really hates whitey.

[​IMG]

I can only imagine how you would react if Dungy were white and Ryan were black, and I said that Dungy was a racist.

2. rico college

rico college Well-Known Member

We play to win the F**king game, opps

3. Steve032

Steve032 New Member

Damn why is this even an issue? Every football coach I've had cursed like a sailor. Why would you expect anything different in the NFL. I'm sure Rex is not the only NFL coach that curses.

And Mike Singletary dropped his fucking pants last season, did Dungy have a problem with that? (and before anyone says anything, I am not using Singletary as an example because he's black). What about Tom Cable who punched his wife or whatever it was?

4. ace_o_spades

ace_o_spades New Member

Why did u mention Singletary? Is it cus he's black?

5. Scikotic

Scikotic Banned

Now that's just classless.

6. Miamipuck

Miamipuck New Member

Yeah yeah yeah.......Bring up a black guy and then make a reference that yeah I know he is black..... This is just thinly veiled plan to keep the man down.

Please skip to minute 3:00 lol

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_QhuBIkPXn0[/YOUTUBE]

7. sec314

sec314 Well-Known Member

Religous fanatics are trying to take over this country. We should all believe and live the life that Dungy does because he's right and I am going to Hell... WITH REX!!!!!!! F U and F U your god pal!!!!!

8. sec314

sec314 Well-Known Member

Hey Singletary, take your big cross and put it under your shirt, we know you are another religous freak, keep it to yourself

9. OSUBuckly

OSUBuckly New Member

Tony Dungy is really starting to irk me. I'm from Indy and growing up I was a Colts fan. But I was there in the Jeff George/Jim Harbaugh era. Manning was drafted when I was a senior in high school and by the time Dungy came along I was almost out of college. For years all I would hear about from my friends is how great he was and how much of a strong leader he is. My dad read his Jesus + Coaching = Win book. My best friend even named his dog after him. But I just don't get it. Take away Manning and would anybody actually care about this guy?

Since retirement, he shows up on the Sunday night NBC and brings it do a dead stop whenever he speaks. He may have valid opinions but he is 100% without charisma. Then he decides to "mentor" Vick and talk about how he is truly turning his life around. Yeah, whatever. Now he gripes about profanity...in football? It isn't a press conference or a media appearance, it is behind the scenes, true to life football. It is training camp, Tony, not bible camp. You don't want guys in your locker room who will speak like that? That's funny considering Marvin Harrison probably murdered some guy but you didn't have a problem with that. Shut up and get off my TV, Tony Dungy. I'm done with you.

10. JfaulkNYJ

JfaulkNYJ New Member

JennyVrentas

Ryan on Dungy's critical comments abt his language: "I felt that he unfairly judged me, and that was disappointing to me." #nyj

JennyVrentas

Ryan left a message for Dungy and invited him to practice to see what he and the team are really abt. "I'm a good person," he said. #nyj

NYPost_Hubbuch

Rex was emotional re: Dungy, taking a few beats to gather his thoughts. Ryan appeared hurt, said he has a lot of respect for Dungy. #Jets

lol Bart Hubbuch.

#170 JfaulkNYJ, Aug 18, 2010
    Last edited: Aug 18, 2010
  11. Jet In Brooklyn

Jet In Brooklyn New Member

Well said. Are you still a Colts fan?

12. Steve032

Steve032 New Member

Bart Hubbuch is such garbage. He's worse than Florio IMO

13. ace_o_spades

ace_o_spades New Member

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news;_y...100818_buddy_ryan_its_none_of_dungys_business

and the actual interview

http://www.975thefanatic.com/teams/eagles/blogentry.aspx?BlogEntryID=10132571

14. OSUBuckly

OSUBuckly New Member

I'd like to see them do well, but I don't really follow them. I was rooting for them in the Super Bowl, but I would have preferred they lost to the Jets in the AFC Championship.

I moved to NYC about 5 years ago and wanted to watch football. Without an NFL plan my choices were the Giants or the Jets. I usually go with the team that needs my support more, and in 2005 it was the Jets. Same reason I'm a Mets fan and a Devils fan.

15. The Uniform Bomber

The Uniform Bomber Spivey's Agent

16. sec314

sec314 Well-Known Member

Rex Responds

Good for you coach

http://sports.espn.go.com/new-york/nfl/news/story?id=5473744

CORTLAND, N.Y. -- New York Jets coach Rex Ryan, criticized by Tony Dungy for cursing on camera, fired back Wednesday, claiming the coach-turned-analyst should watch his own mouth.

"I've been a big admirer of Tony Dungy, and I'm sure a lot of people are, but he unfairly judged me, and that was disappointing to me," Ryan told reporters at training camp.

Ryan said he called Dungy, a studio analyst for NBC, and left a message inviting him to camp anytime to "spend some time with me and the organization, and maybe he'll have a different take on it."
    The controversy stems from Ryan's appearance last week on the first episode of HBO's "Hard Knocks," which captured Ryan dropping F-bombs several times in a team meeting. The story grew the following day, when Ryan mentioned that he spoke to his mother, who wasn't happy with his profanity on TV.
    Dungy, in a radio interview this week, criticized Ryan's language, going so far as to say that NFL commissioner Roger Goodell should look into the matter.

"I don't know that [Goodell] will or not, but I would hope that he does because I just don't think the league needs that," the former Buccaneers and Colts coach said. "I don't think our young people need to hear that that's the way it's done to be successful. Because it doesn't have to be that way."
    Asked if he objected to Dungy bringing Goodell's name into the controversy, Ryan replied, "Like I said, I'm surprised he judged me."

Ryan added: "I'm always going to be myself. I'm a good person. Just because somebody curses doesn't make him a bad person. Just because a guy doesn't curse doesn't make him a good person. I'll stand by my merits."

17. NDmick

NDmick Revis Christ

I hope this thing is now behind us.

Dungy had his comments, Rex responded, and that's that.

18. Murrell2878

Murrell2878 Lets go JETS!

I'm glad Ryan responded. His response was perfect.

Anyone that is criticizing Ryan for cursing is either a hypocrit or is clueless about locker room language.

19. The Uniform Bomber

The Uniform Bomber Spivey's Agent

The fact that Rex reacted the way he did and called Dungy, inviting him to camp, tells me that it definitely bothered Rex.

20. soxxx

soxxx Trolls

Tony Dungy seriously needs to shut his god damn mouth up. He's one of the worst coaches ever. He never did a thing in Indy, if Jim Caldwell had been coaching for the past 10 years I can guarentee you the Colts would have more than 1 Super Bowl.

I mean how is it even possible to only have one Super Bowl appearance when you have one of the greatest QB's ever on your team? Look at all the other great QBs, Montana, Aikman, Brady....they all made it to the Super Bowl numerous times.

Also you notice the first year Caldwell is their, he took the Colts to the top with relative ease, but with Dungy it was a soap opera with a tragic ending every year.