The Darrelle Revis No Longer Holding Out Thread

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by bojanglesman, Jul 30, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Big Blocker

Big Blocker Well-Known Member

BSux said this on page 197:

My basic point in all of this is that the Jets cornerbacks are good enough with or without Revis.

2. ........

........ Trolls

Our depth is lacking? Did you bother to read the part in which I said I was certain if Revis didn't return that we'd bring in another depth corner?

Lowery is fine when he's in the slot. If we bring someone in who can play the nickel/dime along with Lowery and make sure in that formation to keep Lowery inside with safety help on the more proficient slot receivers, we're fine. You can't possibly think that if Revis doesn't return, we're going to stick with a defensive backfield that's currently waiting for the return of a corner.

3. ........

........ Trolls

Good enough is a hell of a lot different than "just as good as with Revis", which is the post I was asking for.

4. GordonGecko

GordonGecko Well-Known Member

Jets should do this, $120 mil over 10 years, plus a $12M bonus for 2010. Take it or leave it, this is your last chance to play football for the next 2 years

5. franzman9

franzman9 Member

I agree with you! If we get Revis back in the fold, this team goes from good, to elite and probably winning their way to a bye week in the playoffs.
    Mr. T......please get this done!

6. Big Blocker

Without Revis, this team can still make the playoffs. Probably will? I won't argue otherwise.

With him I like the team to get at least to test NE and/or Indy in the playoffs. hopefully both, and I like those chances.

That's the difference I see.

7. MBGreen

MBGreen Banned

you're certain? who's feeding you inside info...TurkJetfan's buddy?

I would like to believe we'll bring another CB in....but until it happens....it's speculation.

The Jets aren't fucking around this year....I can't see them not having Revis signed before the week 1 kickoff.

8. Don

Don 2008 TGG Rich Kotite "Least Knowledgeable" Award W

He won't take that. The hangup all along is guaranteed money. They need to have at least 30 million in guarantees. He just walked away from 20 million guaranteed by not showing up to camp on time.

20 more I mean. He has already made 15 million before this year.

9. The Uniform Bomber

The Uniform Bomber Spivey's Agent

I think the CBs there were good, but also a product of that great D. If I remember correctly, Chris McAlister was one of the better CBs in the league, while Duane Starks played exceptionally well in that system (which subsequently landed him a fat contract in AZ the ensuing Season). And while I don't remember how good he was at that point in his career, Rod Woodson was playing S.

Those guys in the Secondary, COMBINED with pressure coming from Boulware, Sharper, and Lewis, along with Adalius Thomas and McCrary, 'turned' a good Secondary into an awesome one.

But the Jets don't have those types of monsters in their Front 7, and so the CB position has become more important, especially when you can eliminate the opposing team's #1 WR each game.

No doubt the Jets D (without Revis) can be good, even great. This issue is, without him, we don't know how good it'll be when it comes to facing Manning (and Brady). We also don't know if the Offense will be good enough to compensate for a D that's not quite as good without Revis. Therefore, in Revis' absence we're relying on two unknown variables that we don't have to rely upon as much if Revis is here.

10. Steve032

Steve032 New Member

I think 10/120 will work, but there needs to be around $30 million guaranteed for it to work IMO

11. ........

........ Trolls

I'm not going to dispute that. We're MUCH better with Revis here for this season. The biggest question becomes, how much do you give him, and what are you willing to sacrifice from next year's team to do so?

12. ........

........ Trolls

Sure. Resort to cheap insults when you can't dispute it. I have faith in the team that they want to win this year. Are you saying you can see a possibility in which we lose a corner we're counting on and DON'T replace him?

Sure. Of course, speculating that definitively losing Revis would lead them to simply move forward with a lacking secondary would imply that you think the Jets are just fucking around this year.

I still believe that's what will happen. I don't even think it'll take until Week 1. I'm expecting something in the next two weeks.

13. Big Blocker

He equated the Jets corners to be the same with or without Revis. If he wanted to say there would be a significant diffrence with Revis, he could have said so.

14. Big Blocker

I agree, but I also think a big question is what kind of HIT do the Jets' SB chances take without Revis?

Imo, sad to say, big.

15. MBGreen

MBGreen Banned

I'm not here to insult you...I apologize if it came across that way. I just don't care for disguising speculation as certainties.

As far as your question goes.....yes, I would assume they would bring in a CB for depth. Will they? Who the fuck knows. I didn't think Coleman and Gholston would be on the roster thus far....and they are....so weirder things have happened.

16. Don

Don 2008 TGG Rich Kotite "Least Knowledgeable" Award W

Then so be it. What will the chances be going forward without Mangold, Harris and either of our two main receivers? That's what you might be giving up to get Revis at any cost now.

17. TommyGreen

TommyGreen Trolls

Hahahaha. Jets fans are calling up and harassing Revis' bitch Geiger:

18. MBGreen

MBGreen Banned

good...that attention hound deserves it.....stupid fuck.

19. Big Blocker

I have never said I want Revis at any cost. Ftr I like Mangold as a player more, anyway.

We have narrowed it down here to an agreement that it really sucks that Revis is holding out. Heh. That will have to do for now, I guess.

20. GordonGecko

GordonGecko Well-Known Member

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.