17a New Stadium Tour - PSL's, NEW STADIUM STUFF GO HERE

Discussion in 'Jets Experience' started by 17a_tailgater, Feb 8, 2009.

1. asbcheeks

asbcheeks Member

The rows of seats in the UD at least are definitely just temp. They sit on metal boxes, not in concrete. I assume they are able to pass these off as ADA seating for compliance purposes because of the temp nature of the seats, but assuming there isn't any demand for those seats from disabled customers they can then turn around and sell / donate etc as normal seats. As an added benefit these are the best seats in these UD sections (first 3 rows), and since they are temp and therefore cannot be sold as season tix they are freed up to be given to lower level sponsors and other various Friends of Woody. I just wish they were upfront about what they were going to do when they sold me on row 8 seats directly behind the ADA platform.

2. davecrazy

davecrazy Active Member

That doesn't make any sense to me. A section is ADA compliant or it isn't.

Rule of thumb you need a space for a wheelchair and a physical seat for a companion. And you need X number of those spaces per Y number of seats in the venue.

Citi Field and Yankee Stadium use padded folding chairs as the companion seats. If the section isint in use then they keep the chairs folded and off to the side.

3. JetsSec337Lot13B

section 346 fuckin rocks

4. RowOneJetFan

RowOneJetFan Guest

BTW how do you post pictures here, I only know how to do it via link. I have to load on Kodak site tonight but then easier just to pick out the ten best and put here. I went crazy and have like 200 shots.

I was at game, I was that extremely good looking guy with the trophy wife on field between 6:45 pm and and 7:40pm. My wife thought I was nuts as I took a lot of pictures of stands too, 17a, 227, MadBacker Prime, SAR, Cousins, BIL seats etc. Cool to see your seats from players perspective. 17a would have loved it on field level, the guys from Jersey boys were asking for the truck stop bathrooms for a quickie on the way back to the village. Funny met Eli Mannings bodyguards son on field level and he was telling me interesting stuff about Eli, then he gets popped. Ouch, I felt bad.

I liked new stadium. I do have a JO sitting behind me yelling, JO yells at one guy near me in row one who stood up, "hey buddy you are in row one sit down" Damm those cheerleaders are young, one of them calls her BF on cell to say there are open seats in my row. Had SIX empty seats to left of me. Anyhow he comes down and he is like 19!!! Go to wife WTF is this girl dating a 19 year old, wife says take a look at her she is 19. Ouch.

Biggest balls of night was two 40 year old guys comes down to row one to two 17 year old sitting in seats and go excuse me you are in my seats. So kids move. Funny as shit the two 40 year old guys were copping a squat too they just guessed the kids were squating and outbluffed them.

JO behind me kept going boo hoo "I was on 20 yard line in old stadium and now I had to move a bit downfield", then when they lowered the 20 yard prices all the low row seats were gone so I am stuck in row two LGL. Guy is talking really loud trying to impress everyone sitting behind him.

That stramm gap toothed guy is a tool, on giants bench all smiley and hugging his homies while elie was bleeding, could care less. Was going to give him some smack, but he pulled a turtle on me and was shaking hands with some of the fans near me. So no smack for him.

Overall I give stadium a solid B. Damm bathrooms ran out of soap before kick-off and the idiots directing traffic on way out kept trying to send me the long way to NJT.

I give an A+ to visitors side Lower Level LGL and LSL. You walk right in, multiple bathrooms, food courts and boom no escalators, ground level. Row six and down is much better, no walking upsteps around lower entrance.

227 was wrong, a rarity, wall is perfectly high up. It is as low as can go without people on field blocking view. Even one foot lower and I would worry. Parts of TC/LGL row one missing cup holders which is a bummer. Big plus is lots of sponsor seats that sometimes go empty. No crowded feeling like back in row four, damm they were like sardines in row four.

TC seats on visitors side towards endzone where you can't enter from lower level are horrible. Only seats near aisle by 143 and 134 are worth 6k. The others should be 2.5k. You can't even see a field goal kick.

Over by Hertz VIP entrance lots of guys wearing sportcoats to game, felt like MadMan. Thank god wife talking me out of wearing my Jersey onto field. The real people in know don't wear guady Jets stuff. Just expensive clothes.

Overall Game was a little sloppy and boring. Too many giant fans and it did not count. But 67K through gate for pre-season is a lot.

5. MadBacker Prime

MadBacker Prime THE Dead Rabbit

While on this topic I spoke with someone via twitter who is a season ticket holder, and in a wheelchair.

She has 2 tickets, she goes with her Dad, but in actuality she has 3 in case she wants to sell a game that buyer can sit in a regular seat.

I just thought that was interesting, basically that means there is 1 unused seat for every handicap seat.

6. davecrazy

davecrazy Active Member

just wrap IMG tags arround the URL of the photos.

Code:
     [IMG]www.pictuerhavingwebsite.com/photo1.jgp[/IMG] 
    If that's too hard upload them to http://imageshack.us/ and it will literally give you the URL of the photo already tagged and formatted. You can just cut and paste it into the post.

7. 17a_tailgater

17a_tailgater Active Member

where you near that guy who did the J-E-T-S chant with every 1st down???

8. pats-hater

pats-hater Active Member

Hell yeah man, good to meet you.

9. pats-hater

pats-hater Active Member

that was you sneaking into our section.

10. MadBacker Prime

MadBacker Prime THE Dead Rabbit

I also think there must've been a problem with the exterior lights. It looked very dim all lit up.

I emailed my rep to ask him about that but haven't heard anything yet.

11. 17a_tailgater

actually it was quite annoying.every 1st down??? he is watering down the product.

only after touchdowns

12. pats-hater

pats-hater Active Member

i didn't even hear it. lol...

13. stuartfl

stuartfl Member

ROJF - I have pictures of my seat i can't post because I'm a new member and need 50 posts (currently have 25). To your point, did you notice section 135 had a wall preventing you from walking around to the corner of the stadium? This prevents LGL and Lower Corners from walking over to our section and creating additional traffic at concessions. BIG PLUS for section 135! I said it before, our concourse area was extremely quite, no problems with food, drink, and bathroom lines (i completely contribute it to the wall separating the lower level sections) . Our exit out of the stadium was a zip.

I would be interested to know how the Jets side compared. Almost forgot, the one negative i have about my section is that you must exit at the bottom of the section, you can't walk up and out, they have a bar area that i was told you can rent during games. Didn't know they had that.

14. JetsSec337Lot13B

Sit 2 rows behind him. He's been doing it since before I had tickets in 1991. Sat near him in the old stadium too.

15. JetsSec337Lot13B

That's why suddenly all those security guards came up the steps.

16. LogeSection2RowJ

LogeSection2RowJ Well-Known Member

I believe that to be the case at least for some of the trains. More than likely other trains just shuttle back and forth, stadium to Secaucus so you' would need to hop off and back on but the platforms should be the same - no up and down in the Secaucus station - just be sure to be on the correct train. I haven't done it, so it'd be a good idea to check with NJ transit.

Knowing NJ Transit, this might be more so on Sundays than a situation like last night (or next week, or a MNF game since they also need that line and those platforms for the regular commuters.)

I'm going to check out their website and plug in Hoboken to Meadowlands Stadium in their route planner....

Just tried it and for next Friday they list trains rom Hoboken that appear direct - no mention of a change/ connection, 23 minute trip time.

Go to Njtransit.com and use their trip planner.

17. LogeSection2RowJ

LogeSection2RowJ Well-Known Member

Dude, that would be an enormous undertaking. There's far more to it than plugging something in and making it electric. It would require overhead wires along the run of the track. Adding that to the existing rail lines means new bridges, right of way clearance, the actual trains themselves etc. It is never happening.

You might not have realized, but this rail spur splits away from the Pascack Valley rail Line, which is diesel and will never be anything but diesel. The only way to get a train from the Northeast corridor line (Penn Station) would be to build all new track, bridges, tunnels etc.

18. RowOneJetFan

RowOneJetFan Guest

That train track was built 29 years late. Was supposed to be built when Jets left shea. Back then tons of empty land, would have been straight line from penn, easy to electrify. Now it is a big deal. Train has to go all around buildings built since the 1970s.

19. nyjunc

nyjunc 2008 TGG Bryan Cox "Most Argumentative" Award Winn

The Jets left Shea after the '83 season, how would that have helped w/ the 70s buildings?

20. 17a_tailgater

an NYJUNC vs ROJF arguement
    get your popcorn ready could take awhile.
    Dueling Delusionals