17a New Stadium Tour - PSL's, NEW STADIUM STUFF GO HERE

Discussion in 'Jets Experience' started by 17a_tailgater, Feb 8, 2009.

1. 17a_tailgater

17a_tailgater Active Member

2. asbcheeks

asbcheeks Member

Aside from the fact that they filled in the ADA platform with 3 rows of seats, making me Row4JetFan, I really liked my UD end zone row 8 seats. Doesn't feel too high up at all. Still pissed by douchebag rep sold them on me as "essentially row 1" seats though.

Spent a portion of the game sitting with friends in freebies in 104 row 46. Liked those as well (especially that they were undercover with basically private concessions and restrooms on the weird half level that spans the end zone slightly above the main 100s level) but actually thought that my uppers were a better view, in particular for watching play on the other end of the field. Tough to get a perspective of what's going on on the far end from the lower vantage point. Still, when the Jets go 5-11 or something in a couple years, or my financial situation improves, I could see myself upgrading to end zone lowers if only for the creature comforts. Would definitely be easier to convince my old man, for example, to come if he's under cover and doesn't have too far to climb/ too many escalators, etc. For now though I'm thoroughly satisfied with my uppers.

Did anyone drive in via Turnpike south and use the new Exit 18 or whatever - I believe it provides direct access into the Izod lots from the North. I live uptown now, think that will be my plan on gameday. Took the train yesterday from work and got stuck at Secaucus waiting 15 minutes for a subsequent connection because the original connecting train was already overfull. They really need to figure out a way to run trains direct from Penn, that transfer is a pain in the ass.

3. MadBacker Prime

MadBacker Prime THE Dead Rabbit

ROJF, that is not even close to what happened to Fireman Ed.

Where are your pics holding up a sign?

You never came by??

I think you watched the game from home, just my personal opinion.

4. LogeSection2RowJ

LogeSection2RowJ Well-Known Member

Any engineers here want to tackle this one?

The Penn trains/ NJ Coast Line trains are electric powered, but the train lines to the stadium is diesel, so here's no way this will ever happen. Just from being a commuter, If I lived in the city, I'd do Path from downtown to Hoboken and get on the Meadowlands train in Hoboken before it gets to Secaucus, guaranteeing a seat. PLUS, in Hoboken there is small liquor store near track 10 for you to buy some libations for the ride, and Yes drinking is allowed on the trains - just not in the stations. Hope that rule never changes, though I am sure one day it will.

5. 17a_tailgater

i have a hard on for the new green jets end zones with the red AFC Logo

6. 17a_tailgater

so if you get on at the hoboken stop,that train goes directly to the stadium??
    it stops at Seacacus but you dont switch trains???

7. MadBacker Prime

MadBacker Prime THE Dead Rabbit

Those do look sweet, it really emphasizes the TD. lol

8. Section 227. Row 5

Section 227. Row 5 Active Member

Row 46? Whoa... I didn't even know there was a Row 46.

9. CT. Jets Fan

CT. Jets Fan New Member

Yes...I come over GWB down NJT and Exit at 18...not a new exit but reconstructed as a wider, multi-lane exit...very smooth.

Based on what I am reading about folks coming North on the TPK and exiting around 16 to get around to IZOD lots...you might consider not exiting @ Exit 16 and continue north a few miles to the Vince Lombardi Service Center and loop onto NJT South and then use Exit 18.

I have done that before when coming from Manhattan and it works very well.

Coming in last night via Exit 18 to IZOD Lot #26 was a breeze at 5:15pm.

The run from Secaucus to the Stadium is not electrified and thus requires a diesel train..which I have been told don't run from Penn.

Can anyone confirm this ??

10. nyjunc

nyjunc 2008 TGG Bryan Cox "Most Argumentative" Award Winn

It looks great, I hope they can fix the midfield problem and add the logo at midfield too but the EZs look great. They did a great job w/ the field and walls.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

#9410 nyjunc, Aug 17, 2010
    Last edited: Aug 18, 2010
  11. asbcheeks

asbcheeks Member

My understanding is that they are "handicap accessible" seating and therefore not for general PSL/season ticket sale (similar to rows 5-7 in upper end zones). Last row in 104 was 47.

12. asbcheeks

asbcheeks Member

Good to know on both counts. Thanks.

Wondering why the Secaucus - Stadium run couldn't eventually be electrified to accommodate direct trains from Penn though.

13. 17a_tailgater

why in the world are hanicapped seating 18 stories high???
    wouldn't lower level handicapped seating make more sense???
    i know there are a few handicapped seating areas in the lower bowl but these seats are in concrete like we uncovered back in march

14. asbcheeks

asbcheeks Member

If I lived/worked downtown or in BK this would be my move for sure. One point: are you certain that stadium-bound trains originate in Hoboken? When my train pulled up in Secaucus it was empty, didn't look like it had a prior origin.

I know going home the trains terminate in Hoboken and I think I would probably give that a try the next time I train it.

15. greenbeanz

greenbeanz Well-Known Member

all im gonna say is this:
    THE PORK SANDWICH IS FRIGGIN AWESOME

seriously, greatest stadium food i have ever had. i made the dude soak it in broth and put hot peppers and provolone on it like a good italian boy. thing had me in heaven.

16. 17a_tailgater

$14??????

btw did anyone see a starbucks or anywhere to get coffee?

17. davecrazy

davecrazy Active Member

To be ADA compliant the accommodations have to be everywhere, not confined to a specific area.

18. 17a_tailgater

ok but why have that many reserved for handicapped only to install permant seating in its place???

19. davecrazy

davecrazy Active Member

I don't follow. I've been in the building and seen where the wheelchair seating areas are upstairs and down.

You saying the building had sections designated as wheelchair seating but then they turned around and installed full rows of seats?

As far as I know the ADA regulations governing the amount of seats necessary to be in compliance is a fixed ratio/formula. Only way they would put seats in sections that were supposed to the wheelchair platforms is if they made some sort of error.

20. 17a_tailgater

NOPE no error. my sales rep. told me they are temporary seating and they could be removed if need be. that is why those seats are not SOLD to season ticket holders.they are seat on condrete levels.and the stairs are actually steel not concrete.

and they where added in march or april.