I got sold a fake a ticket

Discussion in 'Jets Experience' started by roboz08, Aug 17, 2010.

1. roboz08

roboz08 Well-Known Member

pretty pissed off...went to the stadium tonight for the preseason opener only to be ripped out of $20 by some douchebag in a pink dress shirt. straight-up counterfeit ticket, looked legit and everything. i've been to many sporting events and have gotten ticket in a variety of different ways, never thought it would happen to me. guy had me feeling all reassured and shit to like "yeah this will get you inside to atleast watch the game"

and of course after i made an ass of myself by being turned down at the turnstiles i went looking for the motherfucker and he's no where to be found. im a college kid man 20 bucks is 20 bucks especially when you factor in gas money, food and the $30 roundtrip train fare. we in a recession man. fucking blows man, i feel like a douche.

2. davecrazy

davecrazy Active Member

You get what you pay for.

3. JetFanInMD

JetFanInMD New Member

Which college should we avoid hiring from?

4. roboz08

PASSHE schools. any of them. i'm not gonna say which one for annonymity issues but yeah i go to a PA state school.

5. maynardsmyhero-uk

maynardsmyhero-uk Well-Known Member

was the ticket in crayon?

6. Chrisp22

Chrisp22 Active Member

Cant help but chuckling. Life lesson learned that is not taught in college!

7. TelackiTerp

TelackiTerp New Member

that sucks man
    you never know what can happen with that. better luck next time

8. Mr Electric

Mr Electric Banned

Fixed your post, but only because we in a recession, man!

9. ace_o_spades

ace_o_spades New Member

This is why you don't buy a scalped ticket

[​IMG]

10. dthomas53

dthomas53 New Member

It probably was legit at one point, but the STH most likely printed out his ticket, making the original void.

11. LogeSection2RowJ

LogeSection2RowJ Well-Known Member

Living in this area means "feeling like a douche" at least once in your life.

Be glad it wasn't "face value" whatever that might have been on your ticket, which we'd all love to see if you still have it and can scan it. What was that "just to get in" nonsense?

Hey, I got ripped off when I was 19, trying to buy Foreigner tickets from a dude hanging around Herald Square. That guy would have pretended to have tickets for anything he thought we'd want. I mean, it wasn't even a ticket line, or ticket sale - just a guy coming up to us claiming to have concert tix. I should have known better once the guy claimed to also have "Julius Priest" tickets as well. LOL. Live and Learn.

I assume you didn't get in at all then?

12. Section 227. Row 5

Section 227. Row 5 Active Member

That it exactly what happened. Lesson learned for everyone.

All the original tickets that you receive in the mail (including Parking Passes) can be printed off your home computer, before or after you receive them. This is to replace stolen, forgotten or lost tickets. The new printed ones are the only ones that are valid and all previous tickets are unusable and invalid.

NOTHING prevents you from printing out your tickets, going to the stadium and using these computer-generated ones and just prior to going in, sell your originals to some scalper. It's actually possible that hte scalper didn't even know.

There may be some recourse though. Bozo08 can contact the NY Jets ticket office and let them know what happend. They can read the bar code and find out what happened if they really wanted to. If it happens again, possible fraud charges could be brought, although fraud is extremely hard to prove and I doubt for $20 if Bozo08 is reallly going to pursue it.

13. Section 227. Row 5

Section 227. Row 5 Active Member

This is going to make selling tickets in the parking lot EXTREMELY difficult as time goes on. Many people are going to realize they could easily get shafted. It's going to make the game-day scalpers nuts. "Dude, how do I know these fucking tickets are valid? I'm not giving you shit!"

14. bigcotch

bigcotch Banned

Let me guess-- you never went to college?

15. bigcotch

bigcotch Banned

I absolutely can't stand when people who didn't go to college take every opportunity to point out when an educated kid makes a mistake. I went to Penn State, and worked a construction job on my summers off. Every time they taught me something, they had to let me know that "they don't teach you that in college."

Jerk Offs.

16. roboz08

yeah im glad it was only 20 bucks down the drain and not 60 or 80 which other scalpers where trying to sell tickets for. i threw the piece of shit away somewhere outside the stadium, i was pissed off, i contemplated doing the same dbag move to another unsuspecting fan and then realized how fucked up that is, so im hoping karma's on my side and fucks that dbag who ripped me off. im not going to a sporting event without tickets ever again, ebay it is from now on.

17. Jerseyboyisback

Jerseyboyisback New Member

Honestly this is a huge issue!!

Here is why!! All of the season tickets holders have the option of selling there HARD TICKET, So lets say I sold my 4 tickets to the ravens $200. I would pocket $800. Then day of the game I would go online and print out my tickets from MY JETS ACCOUNT and get a NEW BAR CODE cause the hard tickets to be WIPPED OUT!!

This is going to be a huge issue all season.

I called the jets. They said the only way to assure they are real is to get them emailed or buy them from ticket exchange.

I emailed ticket to someone for the game and then it locked the tickets so I could not do anything with them.

YES, this is a huge scketch issue that will be going on all year untill the jets fix this!!

18. Jerseyboyisback

Jerseyboyisback New Member

Please read so we can fix this issue. I have no clue how no one thought of this!!

19. davecrazy

davecrazy Active Member

It's not exactly a new problem. When me and my buddies were buying Ranger tickets in front of the garden in 1994 there were counterfeits floating around. Even then the legit season tickets had holograms and shit on them.

20. RowOneJetFan

RowOneJetFan Guest

Next time before paying $20 for a fake ticket talk to me first, I can sell you one for 50% off.