17a New Stadium Tour - PSL's, NEW STADIUM STUFF GO HERE

Discussion in 'Jets Experience' started by 17a_tailgater, Feb 8, 2009.

1. pats-hater

pats-hater Active Member

Sat in my UD seats for the first time and I am very pleased with them. Even more pleased to not have a PSL.

2. 17a_tailgater

17a_tailgater Active Member

sat in my seats im....ok with them.no psl so thats good.
    sat in 118 row 34 at halftime and beyond.and thought wow $6k psl for this.$125 a ticket
    no thank you

green lights on stadium looked dumb.i thought the panels on the side of the stadium would light up??? it was actually spotlights shining on the stadium.thought the banners on the wall covering the grey was exactly like Giants stadium covering the red and blue.

big brand new stadium?? big deal
    overall grade C

3. nyjunc

nyjunc 2008 TGG Bryan Cox "Most Argumentative" Award Winn

Alot of teams hang the banners along the wall now even teams who don't share Stadiums.

4. dthomas53

dthomas53 New Member

Pics please.

5. backtoshea

backtoshea New Member

Yes. There is between 15,000 to 20,000 unsold psl's as of today.

6. sec314

sec314 Well-Known Member

I thought the seats were a little bigger and the room between the seat in front of me was roomier, loved the new seating. I am on the side of the end zone where the Jets come out, 319, and when the play is in the other end zone, I found myself watching the play on the screens. man it was far away. And I can't believe they did not show the replay of the Sanchez interception, I mean we can handle it Woody. Loved the screens, hated the escalators but getting in was great, took 3.5 minutes at 7:50. Overall, the place is ugly but the seating is good and getting in is better.

7. stuartfl

stuartfl Member

I sat in my seats last night (section 135, row 22), very pleased with seat location and felt like part of the game when the ball was on my side of the 50yrd line. The concession stand outside section 135 never had a line, neither did the 3 beer carts. 2 bathrooms on each side of our section (key!), and a family restroom to boot. Stopped by the Captain Morgans bar before the game, great place to get away from the heat and watch pregame on tv. We are surrounded by jets fans and not "brokers", ended up talking to the couples on each side of us and families in front/back of us as well. There were approximately 8 empty seats in our isle so not exactly sure if they are unsold psl's or no shows. I guess we'll find out during the Baltimore game.... We also drove so we could pick our tailgate spot going forward - ended up parking in lot K, 5 minute walk to stadium and 1/4 mile from the highway. I have pics to post but not sure how to paste them onto this board - please advise. thx

8. stuartfl

stuartfl Member

I don't buy it. The stadium was packed last night, only empty seats we could tell were in the ultra expensive section and even that section was filled out better than expected. I couldn't tell what the visitor sides looked like since that's my side. if they have 20k unsold psl's, then they must have given tickets away for last nights game.

9. LogeSection2RowJ

LogeSection2RowJ Well-Known Member

Well, I came away very unimpressed. I hope it has a better feel for a day game. Very dark, not very roomie upstairs in the concourse areas, sadly higher than I thought, and the trip in from parking deep in Izod-land was tough. 30 minutes easy. Compared with the innards of Citi Field and Yankee Stadium this place is a distant 3rd, which really is sad.

I am thrilled not to have a financial commitment past this season. I am sorry I am probably too old (47) to see the day they tear this one down. Maybe if I work-out more, eat better, etc... My overall grade is C-, figuring that the experience is far better for those in the lower level. I am trying not to have "sour grapes" from moving from 122 to 301. Really, I am trying, and having gone for six Shea seasons, and all the Giants Stadium season I think I am qualified to comment.

Here's a few things of note that I think were a disappointment:

The Four Big scoreboards - OK, Giant Corporate logos on top of each aside, can't they use the entire video space for the replays without stupid vertical Sharp logo banners lining each side? C'mon!

The interior ribbon boards - I was looking forward to cool green effects, graphics, light swirls, images. No. Today when I close my eyes all I recall is bright yellow advertising for who knows what. These things are just another advertising vehicle. Such a shame. I'm in the end zone so I didn't feel this way, though other friends at the 10 yard line (upper) said the ads on those boards distracted them from the game.

Look around as you walk the place inside - pipes, girders, all painted battleship gray. Just seems sort of unfinished and poorly planned. Noticed that while on my January tour but assumed it would be dressed up. It wasn't really. It's going to age poorly and look crummy in a few years. Wait 'til the pigeons get at it.

Anyone lucky enough to attempt either end zone ramps? Holy shit! what long zig zags - AVOID AT ALL COSTS. AVOID AT ALL COSTS. AVOID AVOID DANGER! (Unless it's to sneak a halftime smoke ; )

Entered via Verizon gate. Spent two escalator rides seeing nothing but red Verizon stuff. I am now convinced that the escalator plan was designed with fans seeing corporate advertising in mind, rather than for efficient people moving.

Another tip for those who haven't been inside yet: I entered in a corner, traversed one set of escalators, and rather than continuing up, convinced the group that we should walk along the first concourse to see what it was like there since we had to go 100 yards to the other EZ anyway. DON'T DO IT. We got about 30 yards or so and was faced with more stairs an escalators. DOWN! You have to go back down to go back up later. Insane. It was like a weird dead end. So, we doubled back, and I looked foolish. It's weird that you can not go the length of the field along the 100 level, Verizon to Pepsi without dipping down a level and back up again. My nephew showed up at our seats and had a similar experience. He said "I don't how I got here, I came in, went up, walked a bit, went down, came back up again, it was crazy"

Anyway, I hope it gets better when the games count, but a day when I should feel excited about my Jets' new stadium debut, I am not impressed after one game. I thought Citi Field had too much advertising in it. For what we are paying in ticket/ psl/ club prices for this stadium, all the heaped-on sponsorship is disgusting really. In 2014 the world's jet-setters who attend the Super Bowl will wonder what all the hype about this place was about - unless they are toasting their feet by a Commissioner's Club fire.

10. dthomas53

dthomas53 New Member

Agree with all of this. The scoreboards are about 60% advertisements, 40% stats/video the majority of the time. What a waste.

As you said, that neon yellow around the ring almost gave me a seizure. WTH are they thinking with that?

Overall, I give it a C+. My biggest complaint is the drab look of the place. Not enough green. It's just sooo much gray, I can't take it.

11. MBGreen

MBGreen Banned

how was the stadium food? anybody partake?

12. 17a_tailgater

chili cheese fries and a water $9.75
    i did get a boatload of chili,cheese and fries.they where like nathan fries and gave you thta gay tiny fork thing.should have given me a spoon.

id give it a B plus

13. MBGreen

MBGreen Banned

nice review.

10 bucks for fries is a tad steep though.....

14. 17a_tailgater

i think they where $5 the water was $4.75

15. MBGreen

MBGreen Banned

water is like $1.25 a bottle here.

Is the NY/NJ water filtered thru Emmanuelle Chriqui's pubes or something?

16. JetsSec337Lot13B

The water was $4.75.

17. 17a_tailgater

here are some prices from an article on nj.com
    http://www.northjersey.com/food_dining/100209914_Meadowlands_Stadium_menu_goes_upscale.html

A New York delicatessen offers three kinds of sandwiches: corned beef, turkey breast and pastrami ($14 apiece). The pastrami is both ordinary and a little pricey. A slice of New York-style pizza – pepperoni or plain – is also expensive ($6), but offers a much better value and a much better taste.

We can't say enough good things about the pork sandwich. Borgia says the broth is made from a combination of Pepsi and Budweiser – two of the stadium's sponsors.

The stadium will also offer a few varieties of hot dogs, including Nathan's fried hot dogs ($6) and Hebrew National stadium dogs ($5.50). If you're going to eat Nathan's, you'll want some of the company's classic crinkle-cut french fries ($5).

18. MBGreen

MBGreen Banned

*stomach rumbling*

19. dthomas53

dthomas53 New Member

I know it's nothing new, but that s*** is ridiculous.

20. 17a_tailgater