New Meadowlands Stadium Parking Thread

Discussion in 'Jets Experience' started by Big Poppa Naich, Aug 16, 2010.

1. Don

Don 2008 TGG Rich Kotite "Least Knowledgeable" Award W

You would hope that when the dirt is cleared and the new lot is built things will be better. I am guessing they will.

2. Section 227. Row 5

Section 227. Row 5 Active Member

This sounds like the way I have to go too. 16W to Rte 3 East and then 120 North. I'm down with that so far... it's the way I went for the Meet Your Seats. But after that you lose me. I think I know the "back road" you are talking about, it's the one on the east side of the IZOD, right? Then you must have taken Rte 120 South then?

Why can't you just take 120 North and exit right into lot 28 or 27? And then what kind of clusterfuck is it to get out and get to the TNPK South?

From what JWWS said, this is starting to look like my worst Jets nightmare ever.

3. nyjunc

nyjunc 2008 TGG Bryan Cox "Most Argumentative" Award Winn

I had no problems w/ parking.

4. 17a_tailgater

17a_tailgater Active Member

when you take the jughandle off of rte 3 east to route 120n it splits. left is rte 120n to the right is arena parking. you stay right and actually never get on route 120 north.that entrance you are talking about i dont think they where allowing left turns not sure.

5. Section 227. Row 5

Okay, gotcha. This is the way I went for the Meet Your Seats. This takes you around the IZOD (to the east side and the IZOD is on your left). Then I went all the way up to the north end to get onto 120 South and then into the stadium for the tour.

Instead of staying right and taking that side road all the way up, I will just take it halfway up and exit into the numbered lots. I'll deal with exiting after I get there. Sounds like a plan.

I'll never forgive Woody Johnson for screwing the Upper people this way though. This was clearly a tool to push PSL sales and make it that much more uncomfortable for the Upper Deck people. And forget about the walking inconvenience. He knew the Uppers were loaded with old timers and flat out didn't give a shit about the long walk. Fucking bastard.

6. Section 227. Row 5

Creatures of habit, we all settle into our own parking patterns eventually. I still say something is going to have to be done with the Orange Parking areas though. Many in the UD will be One and Done if not. If you have UD seats on the East side of the building it's not that bad, but if you are on the West side of the Uppers, it's an inconvenient nightmare of a walk from across 120.

7. MeanGreens08

MeanGreens08 Member

Ok thats how you get to 27 I saw people drive through 28 and then end up in 27. My question is how the hell do you get into lot 26?

8. 17a_tailgater

i would confirm with someone who took this entrance that it wasnt a right turn ONLY.anything you think would be the easy way is not.it seems to be one continous one way circling the izod

9. 17a_tailgater

no one was walking over the rte 120 overpass.
    after the game i was forced over the cattlewalk.
    next time i will shuttle bus it i think

10. Namath12

Namath12 New Member

Parking Nightmares

The new stadium was fine last night. Yes, we were higher up, but the screens were great. Increased food options were nice, although the very high prices were disappointing. Overall, I was favorably impressed, although I also was relatively comfortable with the old stadium and did not see any pressing need to change things.

What made my experience last night horrible was the parking fiasco. Who would've thought that with the old stadium torn down, thereby freeing up loads of additional parking, that things could get worse from last year? They were! It took us about an hour to park after getting off Route 17. It almost seems that the Jets have gone out of their way to make parking crappy for non-PSL ticketholders, as if that is going to make us shell out the big bucks to buy PSL (it won't; it will just compel us to give up our season tickets sooner).

Thanks. I need to vent. Perhaps if enough people complain about parking, the folks over at the New Meadowlands Stadium will get their sh*t together before opening day!

11. CT. Jets Fan

CT. Jets Fan New Member

Well that's because you had three parking passes. :smile:

12. jetsmets93

jetsmets93 Member

which sideline is the east? i am from long island and have always parked in the lot by izod because it has more room and it is very easy to get to coming from the back roads through little ferry... my seats are sec 312 row 24 behind the jets bench... i think that is the side closest to izod and i can get to it easily from the cattle-shoot is that correct?

13. nyjunc

nyjunc 2008 TGG Bryan Cox "Most Argumentative" Award Winn

Nah, I sold the other 2:up: Just kidding. How were your seats?

14. jetsmets93

jetsmets93 Member

is it possible to get the parking map put up here... i know it was in 17a's thread but i couldnt fint them. thanks

15. CT. Jets Fan

CT. Jets Fan New Member

[​IMG]

16. CT. Jets Fan

CT. Jets Fan New Member

Ridiculously good..just not worth the ridiculous money.

17. jetsmets93

jetsmets93 Member

thanks alot man... i have always parked in lot b or 26... depends when i get there... i believe that the jets sideline is the one closest to the arena... if so than getting to my seats shouldnt be a problem... can someone confirm that for me.

18. dthomas53

dthomas53 New Member

Some needs to sticky this. Along with the rest of the STH's guide.

19. 17a_tailgater

jets bench is on the orange side
    visitors bench is on the green side

20. jetsmets93

jetsmets93 Member

perfect... it shouldnt be a problem for me then... park by izod, take the tunnel across and my seats are right there