17a New Stadium Tour - PSL's, NEW STADIUM STUFF GO HERE

Discussion in 'Jets Experience' started by 17a_tailgater, Feb 8, 2009.

1. GordonGecko

GordonGecko Well-Known Member

Nobody, if it's an empty here or there. But if there were a bunch of sections completely empty, the Jets would have a PR problem for unloading their PSLs

FYI, the reason behind those multi colored seats is that from far it looks like people are sitting in them as an optical illusion.

2. JetsSec337Lot13B

Just so people know ticketmaster has presales set up for Giants tickets and a public onsale next Monday. Guess they definitely aren't sold out either.

3. GordonGecko

Great catch, so now we know the Giants are doing it. PSL owners & waitlist fans get a presale for individual games, and anything leftover goes to the general public

http://www.ticketmaster.com/event/000044FFCBCD6B3B?artistid=805985

4. RowOneJetFan

RowOneJetFan Guest

would not let me buy yet, I am on Giants waiting list, low number. how much are the tickets? are they face or are they charging a prem above face?

Giant fans paid in cash for PSLs so I guess they don't have to worry about people defaulting like jets.

5. asbcheeks

asbcheeks Member

Anyone know how often trains run FROM the stadium back to Secaucus during the game? I don't plan on staying long past halftime tonight and hope I'm not stranded there until they start running postgame trains. Thanks

6. JetsSec337Lot13B

I pulled upper endzones for the first preseason game for $110 a ticket. I also saw some row 3 upper primes on the 40. ROJF get on that!

7. rudd28

rudd28 New Member

How is this not causing an uproar??? Because you know the Jets are next to do this...AND the Jets also said they would NOT be selling single game tickets. This is exactly the reason why I did not buy a PSL, because they fucked us last year, and I knew they'd eventually do it again.

8. MadBacker Prime

MadBacker Prime THE Dead Rabbit

Well it's not an option yet, I don't think the Giants ever promised not to, but the Jets did. We'll see soon enough if that holds true.

9. GordonGecko

ROJF, I sent you a PM

10. GordonGecko

For what it's worth:
    http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2010-...enses-will-sell-out-before-season-opener.html

Jets' Owner Says PSLs Will Sell Out Before Sept. 13 Home Opener

New York Jets owner Woody Johnson said he expects the team to sell the last of its personal seat licenses for New Meadowlands Stadium before the Sept. 13 season opener against the Baltimore Ravens.

The Jets, co-tenants of the $1.6 billion stadium in East Rutherford, New Jersey, with the New York Giants, cut the price on 18,000 seat licenses in June by as much as 50 percent. The Jets and Giants are the first major professional sports teams to sell the licenses -- which give fans the right to buy season tickets -- in the New York market.

“We are confident that we’ll be sold out prior to the opening kickoff,” Johnson said in a radio interview on “Bloomberg Surveillance.”

The first National Football League game will be played at the new stadium tonight, the annual exhibition matchup between the Giants and Jets. The Giants won a coin toss and will play the first regular-season game there on Sept. 12 against the Carolina Panthers.

Johnson said some of the team’s seat licenses might have been too expensive. One for a lower end-zone seat, for example, was cut to $2,500 from $5,000. Over 90 percent of those repriced tickets have been sold, Jets Executive Vice President for Business Operations Matt Higgins said in an e-mail.

“We realized when we marked the lower end-zone seats down 50 percent that we probably had mispriced them,” Johnson said. “The fans recognize that that is really incredible value. They wanted to get them, and they got them.”

11. Section 227. Row 5

Section 227. Row 5 Active Member

Congratulations on attaining your goal this year. I'm glad it worked out for you in your first year of PSL ownership. While I will not throw cold water on your game plan, do remember that there is a tremendous possibility that your ticket prices may escalate rapidly and disproportionately compared to other seats.

This has always been my main bug-a-boo with the PSL seats. The PSLs weren't necessarily the worst thing for me (although I didn't like the idea of being "trapped"), it was the ticket prices and the possibility (make it the extreme likelihood) that the Jets will disproportionately raise the ticket prices over the upcoming years.

So enjoy the optimism while you can with a seemingly winning array of talent on board and the opening year for the stadium a positive to boot. It may not always be that way and may become harder to "break even" in the future, especially if our seasons tank for some reason.

A good plan, nonetheless, for now. Glad it worked out for you this year.

12. Digetydog

Digetydog Member

In most years, we expect to attend most of the games that are not pre-season (a built in loss) and most MNF games. Hopefully, Woody will recognize the tough market and keep the ticket prices reasonable for a few years.

13. franzman9

franzman9 Member

Odd amount of giant fans at a Jets home game....

14. MadBacker Prime

MadBacker Prime THE Dead Rabbit

I got to say now that I've been to a actual game, I love my new seats and stadium.

Also I'm curious to hear the UD reaction. It really did look high up, and dark. The guys sitting next to us and behind us both remarked hue they could barely see it.

Did they do that on purpose? It looked very dark.

15. davecrazy

davecrazy Active Member

I noticed that too when I went to the Bon Jovie concert. Upper deck looked really dark, even when the house lights were on.

16. JetsSec337Lot13B

I've always sat upper deck so for me I don't think this was as much of a shock as it was for other people. While it obviously felt higher I could see the numbers, the players, the football etc. In the past though I could wave to friends in lower level. Now that's not an option.

Also I was used to firefraud Ed being right below me now he seems pretty far away which I actually like.

I walked into the bathroom for a minute. Those waterless urinals are just too weird for me

As far as the darkness it felt darker then the old stadium but my seats are also a few rows higher.

I also have pats-hater in my section and got to meet him tonight.

17. Chrisp22

Chrisp22 Active Member

Uppers were just as advertised. Darker the higher you go. Drips from the scaffold walkway at about Row 15 to 18. The concourse crowded near certain stands, like the ice cream.

The view itself surprised me for the game. I sat at Bon Jovi and thought that the uppers were too high but I guess that is for a concert. I was able to see fine up there so I'm happy about that.

I have friends with PSL lowers and they were raving about how much they like the seats. Tale of two Tickets!

18. RowOneJetFan

RowOneJetFan Guest

Got great shots of the Giants as I was by their bench during game and great shots of Jets as I was on field. My seats were as advertised amazing. One of my old seats two huge and I mean huge men got them and the people in row four behind them looked unhappy. Wife thought bathrooms was not much for such an expensive stadium. Now to figure the upload process.

One thing I noticed from field level mezz a corners are damm far back from field. Loved when guy knocked fireman ed over. Hated Eli Manning bleeding so much had tissues in stuff all covered in blood. He was like five feet from me for a bit after hit. Ouch.

Funniest part of game was I walked over to wall around LGL/LSL to see how high it was from field level and some schmucks started hi fiving me. What are they paid by jets to make us folks feel important?

19. nyjunc

nyjunc 2008 TGG Bryan Cox "Most Argumentative" Award Winn

The UD was ok, I was a little disappointed. I was up there on draft day and i thought the view would be better. Anywhere in the first few rows is a nice seat but after that the players get a little small and we got showered in firework debris during the intros.

Overall I thought the stadium looked great w/ the dark green EZ's, the banners, the green everywhere. It really did feel like home but the 35 escalators suck and of course they had to have ads on the video boards so that shrinks it down a bit but overall it was a good experience.

20. Don

Don 2008 TGG Rich Kotite "Least Knowledgeable" Award W

I read somewhere that 65000+ tickets were distributed (didn't even say sold) for this game. I don't have season tickets anymore but if you do then don't you still have to buy tickets to preseason games? The real question is does this mean they still have around 18-20000 unsold seats?