The Madden 11 Thread

Discussion in 'Video Games' started by Jetfanmack, Aug 10, 2010.

1. devilonthetownhallroof

devilonthetownhallroof 2007 TGG Fantasy Baseball League Champion

Oh yeah, I forgot. You are... a realist. :rolleyes:

No, I just get annoyed when people make post after post complaining about something IN EVERY THREAD ABOUT THAT TOPIC. Christ, enough is enough already. Like I said, we fucking get it.

And made a point to say that you got it for $20 and still didn't like it. You claim it was "the worst Madden game ever made", which besides being bullshit is meaningless coming from you. The game could have had photorealistic graphics, flawless gameplay, and gave you a reach around while you played and you would have claimed it was the worst thing you'd ever seen. You're completely biased in every conceivable way when it comes to not only this game, but technology in general. It's like you go out of your way to dislike anything that's remotely popular and go out of your way again to bash it at every opportunity.

So you can't read and need a color coded system? Bullshit. You want to "stand out", that's why you do it. I always delete the formatting when I quote you and you've never had a problem responding when I do.

2. 624

624 Banned

^^ I hope you don't expect him to realize you quoted him in that silly, regular font.

3. IATA

IATA Trolls

My Ultimate team isn't so shitty. Sperry, Miami TE, is a fucking BEAST. Dude brings in everything I throw his way. O'Connell has had 3 straight 300 yard game, he's VERY accurate.

4. GreyhoundJet

GreyhoundJet Active Member

So I was playing online and was up 14-0 when the person quit. In past years you finsih up the game against the computer and get a win. However, the game gave me no option but to quit the game after he left and I wasn't credited with a win. Is this a new thing where you can just quit when your down and the other person has no chacne to get a win?

5. Tight

Tight Active Member

Today playing against the Vikings. Shaun ellis injured for game.. then calvin pace... injury after injury online.. I still enjoy the game though :).. is it me or does the kick returner break the first tackle in the game 90% of the time..

6. Royal Tee

Royal Tee Girls juss wanna have fun

YOu have absolutely no clue on how I feel about the subject, fact is I was the Biggest EA/Madden fanboi at 1 point
    Fact is, I used to buy it every year.
    Fact is, I had the 1st madden cartridge on Genesis...

I've been playing Madden longer than most people have played a fukin console period.
    Fact is, The game is fukin horrendous.
    If it had great gameplay, I wouldn't give a shit about the motion shifting, the ridiculous speed busts and all the fake shit that happens.

I'm just disgusted w/Madden to the point because they are lying to the customers and people. Promising fixes that never come, all this BS while nickle and diming it...

If you can take your head out for just 2 seconds you may realize that what I'm saying is true or maybe you just accept an subpar product.

Seriously ? Bitching about a green font, screaming about someone else expressing themselves on an open forum....Really??
    I want to stand out? dude, get a grip...you really are alittle obssessed with it all...considering how fired up you are getting over it. LMAO.

Just block me if you don't fukin like it.

#186 Royal Tee, Aug 17, 2010
    Last edited: Aug 17, 2010
  7. Cakes

Cakes Mr. Knowledge 2010

The people complaining about this game are more convincing than the people who claim the game is good.

I am very hesitant about purchasing Madden 11. I may get NCAA 11 instead.

8. Royal Tee

Royal Tee Girls juss wanna have fun

That's simply because most people who don't like it are stating why...with facts.
    While the fans of it are not really stating anything that makes it worth the purchase.

9. Tight

Tight Active Member

It needs fixing but its not that bad.. Its not unplayable.. It feels good to pick the Jets and absoloutley crush fools...

10. desert swordz

desert swordz Totally Addicted

I'll admit that I can have some moments of fun with the game at times, but it's not a fun I can enjoy.

The more I play the game, the more I find the gameplay unrealistic as hell. Shit happens in the game that would never happen in real life. It's supposed to be a football sim.

You can have a great knowledge of football strategies, gameplanning, techniques, how to set up and play to different situations, etc., but for the most part none of that would matter if you played Madden because the gameplay just doesn't play out to how football plays in real life.

You take two avid Madden players, one with a shitload of football knowledge and one who knows shit about football, and the latter can be able to beat the fuck outta the former if he knows how to play in and manipulate Madden's football world.....

11. ukilledkenny

ukilledkenny You bastards!

I think there is a balance that may be skewed towards having knowledge of madden but it is still necessary to understand football. You need to not only call the correct defense but also choose which assignment you are gonna play and play it well. When I have been playing online I have had great success when I choose the correct man to counter what I think my opponent is gonna do. Sometimes this means controlling the shallow safety on a cover 1 robber play, sometimes it means timing a snap count on a blitz correctly.

12. Jtuds

Jtuds Active Member

Exactly, and that's what you get when you hire computer programming/engineering geeks from MIT who've never put shoulder pads on. They have no idea what the nuances of football are, they have no clue what is a big issue and what isn't, and they think it is legitimate that you should be rated 44 overall simply because you're 3rd on a depth chart.

I hurts the game and until they hire ex-players and coaches at each position and use them as consultants in designing the game, and find a way to use all their suggestion, we'll continue to have the same nagging issues.

The most frustrating and unenjoyable part of the game is that knowing football is not rewarded, being a gamer is. It's a major reason why the majority of my madden will be played in franchise from now on.

13. GreyhoundJet

Actually, with the new gameflow option it takes knowledge of football even more out of it. I still like the game (which I'm not really going to defend because I don't care if others disagree) and enjoy playing it.

14. GreyhoundJet

And another note.. I hate playing this game online because you can play somebody who is terrible but you get screwed by their shitty internet connection.. has happened to me twice now

15. IATA

IATA Trolls

It's a video game. What point is there in arguing how real it is?

Do things suck about this game? Yep. Are there good things? Yep.

I personnaly dislike the training shit and I think the layout for online and franchise fucking sucks. But I also really enjoy Madden Moments and enjoy the game as a whole.

16. ace_o_spades

ace_o_spades New Member

No, it's 2010 and if I play a football game it better be the equivalent of controlling the players on a CBS broadcast

Seriously tho a lot of wacky shit happens in this game

17. 624

624 Banned

Even if it was equivalent of a CBS broadcast, I wouldn't play it becasue Dick Enberg would probably be commentating.

Even on mute just knowing that Dick Enberg is somewhere on earth talking makes any activity impossible.

18. ukilledkenny

ukilledkenny You bastards!

which is why i do not use gameflow when i play online.

19. Cakes

Cakes Mr. Knowledge 2010

The first Madden and then Maddens 92, 93, 94, and 98 were my five favorite Maddens.
    I believe those were better games than the recent Maddens.
    Graphics and controls were worse, there was no franchise mode, no online play, and the first few games either didn't have NFL team logos or players- or neither, but they were still better games. It's amazing.

20. Tight

Tight Active Member

Madden 92.. Cmon with this shit. You would buy madden 92 with updated rosters right now.. Do you still use a cd player ? Do the electric slide ?