Tony Dungy wouldn't hire Rex Ryan

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by MBGreen, Aug 16, 2010.

1. 624

624 Banned

Yeah WTF was that. Some asshole on TGG announces that there will be some preview 5-10 minutes before, and I turn it on to see 2 men covered in blood making out naked.

2. Frenbar

Frenbar Well-Known Member

That's what Dungy said..

3. Jets n Boys

Jets n Boys Banned

Guys, please stop dropping the F bomb. Some people get fucking offended. If you fukcing do so, they will report your fucking a$$ to the fucking authorities.

4. NYJFan10

NYJFan10 Well-Known Member

More or less. A lot of people wouldn't hire Tony Dungy before he became a head coach because he was too far the other way personality-wise. And that was equally as wrong.

I wouldn't expect him to say anything else, the guy's practically a preacher. It's not worth getting our noses in a joint.

5. jcluttrell

jcluttrell New Member

I prefer my coach to curse.

cursing = winning

6. GatorGar

GatorGar Active Member

I'll get right to the point. A sure-fire way to elicit derisive sneers, leers, and jeers from Coach Tony Dungy is to reinforce what is best in people. Before I say anything else, let me remind him that I am more than merely surprised by his willingness to engender ill will. I'm shocked, shocked. And, as if that weren't enough, I thrive on debates, statistics, and getting the facts right. And the facts in this case clearly indicate that no man who values himself, who has any regard for sound morality, or who feels any desire to see intellectual progress made certain, can rightfully join Coach Dungy's bumptious, unimaginative attempt to mold your mind and have you see the world not as it is but as he wants you to see it. Having already explained that Coach Dungy is the éminence grise behind every plot to strap us down with a network of rules and regulations, let me now state that whenever he attempts to disguise the complexity of color, the brutality of class, and the importance of religion and sexual identity in the construction and practice of gangsterism, he looks around waiting for applause as if he's done something decent and moral rather than self-aggrandizing and impudent. A central point of his belief systems is the notion that he can ignore rules, laws, and protocol without repercussion. Perhaps Coach Dungy should take some new data into account and revisit that notion. I think he'd find that I deeply believe that it's within our grasp to tear down his fortress of imperialism. Be grateful for this first and last tidbit of comforting news. The rest of this letter will center around the way that Coach Dungy keeps coming up with new ways to stigmatize any and all attempts to reach out for things with permanence, things beyond wealth and comfort and pleasure, things that have real meaning. He may mean well, but one of the things I find quite interesting is listening to other people's takes on things. For instance, I recently overheard some folks remark that when I first became aware of his covert invasion into our thought processes, all I could think was how I find that some of his choices of words in his doctrines would not have been mine. For example, I would have substituted "moonstruck" for "interdestructiveness" and "naive" for "roentgenographic."

Coach Dungy is not just oppressive; he's licentious, too. There is one crucial fact that we must not overlook if we are to perceive our current situation as it is, rather than in the anamorphosis of some "ideology" such as voyeurism or Chekism. Specifically, I am not interested in debating Coach Dungy. One can't have a debate with someone who is so willingly ignorant of the most basic tenets of the subject being discussed. As my mother used to tell me, "Coach Dungy can't discuss anything without talking about despotism."

Coach Dungy says that he is forward-looking, open-minded, and creative. Yet he also wants to preach fear and ignorance. Am I the only one who sees the irony there? I ask because I've tried to explain to his muzzy-headed spinmeisters that he should reserve his stereotypes and labels and remember to treat others with a bit more respect and equality. As could be expected, they were a bit slow on the uptake. I just couldn't get them to comprehend that most people want to be nice; they want to be polite; they don't want to give offense. And because of this inherent politeness, they step aside and let Coach Dungy make us less united, less moral, less sensitive, less engaged, and more perversely inerudite. In closing, it hardly need be said that the views expressed above are tentative and suggestive. You should now go off and perform a thorough study of your own. Of course, this will be an exercise in futility unless you accept the fundamental premise of this letter, namely that Coach Tony Dungy's scare tactics are devoid of logic and filled to the brim with hate and misinformation.

7. MBGreen

MBGreen Banned

^ did you buy the cheap keyboard.....the one without the "Enter" key?

8. xxedge72x

xxedge72x 2018 Gang Green QB Guru Award Winner

I thought it was impressionism. There are a lot of fancy Baroque era words in there.

9. maynardsmyhero-uk

maynardsmyhero-uk Well-Known Member

That nice mr dungy....the great fucky fuckstick ned flanders fuckerooney!

10. roboz08

roboz08 Well-Known Member

since when did football become a game about being a pussy and recognizing the "feelings" of others? fuck that shit.

11. JCotchrocket

JCotchrocket Active Member

First of all, I read every word of this pointless diatribe. Just wanted you to know that.

What a load of narrow-minded bullshit. I'm convinced, after reading this eloquent drivel, that you have absolutely no idea who Tony Dungy is. Every reference in your post to Dungy could have been substituted with "popular-Christian-figure-whom-my-philosophy-teacher-told-me-I-should-despise."

Get a grip, man. Tony Dungy isn't some next-gen Jerry Falwell ready to feast on the naivete of the masses. He's a fucking football commentator. He's a talking head. His commentary is more often than not insightful, by the way.

You make it sound like Dungy is outside the NFL offices as we speak with a "Kill all the Fags" sign. Way to oversimplify. I think you criticized Dungy for doing the same thing a half dozen malapropisms ago. Why don't you see if one of your buddies at the coffee shop can lend you a baggier Che Guevara tee-shirt; the one you're wearing now is cutting off the blood flow to your cynical, hipster brain.

12. wa2k99

wa2k99 Active Member

I have a ton of respect for Tony Dungy as a man. People who disagree with his opinion should not be knocking his character. For a culture that preaches tolerance, it seems people who actually acknowledge their spiritual beliefs are the ones who have it rougher than people who say it has no bearing on their lives. Very ironic.

Also, it does bother me that just because he has acknowleged his religious beliefs that there are a lot of people on this thread who choose to rip him as a zealot.

#112 wa2k99, Aug 16, 2010
    Last edited: Aug 16, 2010
  13. AbdulSalam

AbdulSalam New Member

Thats your opinion. I think you have to knock him as a holier than thou hypocrite. Tony wants the NFL to tell Rex Ryan not to say fuck at a football practice, but he thinks its fine and dandy for the NFL to let a convicted dog torturer/killer play football.

14. BadgerOnLSD

BadgerOnLSD Banned

That sounds like a job for Photoshop... I'll wait.
    Anyone who questions GatorGar's warped view of the world is a threat to his tottering sense of reality. But you knew that already. So let me add that if we don't remove the GatorGar threat now, it will bite us in our backside in a matter of days. I am more than merely surprised by his willingness to create a Frankenstein's monster. I'm shocked, shocked. And, as if that weren't enough, GatorGar has written more than his fair share of lengthy, over-worded, pseudo-intellectual tripe. In all such instances he conveniently overlooks the fact that I will never give up. I will never stop trying. And I will use every avenue possible to provide an antidote to contemporary manifestations of pusillanimous, uncompanionable Fabianism.

GatorGar profits from human suffering. Excuse me; that's not entirely correct. What I meant to say is that GatorGar doesn't want me to begin the invigorating, rejuvenating process of calling your attention to the problem of neurotic pests. Well, I've never been a very obedient dog so I intend not only to do exactly that but also to celebrate knowledge and truth for the sake of knowledge and truth.

GatorGar says he's not antihumanist, but he's surely prudish and that's essentially the same thing. There can be no doubt that he has, on a number of occasions, expressed a desire to rewrite and reword much of humanity's formative works to favor defeatism. On all of these occasions I submitted to the advice of my friends, who assured me that he claims to have turned over a new leaf shortly after getting caught trying to sell us fibs and fear mixed with a generous dollop of diabolism. This claim is an outright lie that is still being circulated by GatorGar's provocateurs. The truth is that I must admit that I've read only a small fraction of GatorGar's writings. (As a well-known aphorism states, it is not necessary to eat all of an apple to learn that it is rotten.) Nevertheless, I've read enough of GatorGar's writings to know that GatorGar is not just mudslinging. He is unbelievably, astronomically mudslinging. All of this once again proves the old saying that I find GatorGar's ruinous policies and dubious values unacceptable.

#114 BadgerOnLSD, Aug 16, 2010
    Last edited: Aug 16, 2010
  15. wa2k99

wa2k99 Active Member

I actually heard Dungy speak at a conference lately, so I have a different perspective on him, not just as a coach/analyst. And I think hypocrite is the most overused word in America. I'm not into using profanity too much, but if Rex wants to do it, fine, it's his choice.

And because Dungy counseled Vick, it doesn't automatically mean Dungy agreed with what Vick did. I thought what Vick did was beyond repulsive.

16. CatoTheElder

CatoTheElder 2009 Comeback Poster of the Year

:rofl::rofl::rofl:

Thank you for that.

17. Miamipuck

Miamipuck New Member

Hey NDMick and Mr. Electric, would this classify as a "Giant Block of Shit that no one wants to read?"

18. Jake

Jake Well-Known Member

I don't give a fuck if Rex Ryan swears during practice and neither should anyone else.

19. ........

........ Trolls

You HAVE to knock him as a hypocrite? Why? Because he believes in forgiveness? I didn't see him proposing punishment for Rex. Vick served time, and Dungy visited him in prison because he felt there was a chance to change Vick around and show forgiveness. He's gone on record as saying that he's less concerned with how Vick's career goes than what kind of man he becomes, and I believe him. I have first hand reasons to believe him.

I'd go so far as to bet that Dungy's a better man than anyone on this board, myself included. I'm as guilty as anyone (probably more so) of making inappropriate comments and maligning people who don't deserve it. I was planning to drop it because of that, but this thread has gone crazy. Disagree with the man's take on Ryan. I love his cursing as much as anyone. I can tell you with 100% certainty, though, that the characterizations of Dungy based on perception and limited info are completely incongruous with who he really is.

20. Catfish Billy

Catfish Billy Well-Known Member

"Tony Dungy don't gotta curse in his raps to sell records. Well I do. So fuck him and fuck you too."

- Rex Ryan in The Real Rex Ryan