The Official Hard Knocks Thread

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Hennessy2710, Aug 7, 2010.

1. ace_o_spades

ace_o_spades New Member

You gotta put Ari Gold up there too

2. Johnny English

Johnny English Well-Known Member

"Fuck you, you carwash cunt!"

One of the best sweary lines ever. Nonsensical and yet brilliant.

3. ukilledkenny

ukilledkenny You bastards!

Dude, your making it seem like if they did decide to take Namath's suggestion that this is something that would take weeks to learn. Do you really have that little faith in Mangold's intelligence that you think he would be unable to remember that he should or should not rotate the ball when he snaps it? the guy has tons of line calls and audibles memorized but he is gonna have trouble remembering if he should rotate the ball when he snaps it.

you might as well be worrying about if the girl giving Rex 14 crackers instead of 12 is what is finally gonna give him a heart attack.

4. ThunderbirdJet

ThunderbirdJet New Member

What I am saying is that at this point in the preseason, I want the team working on other more important things. Sanchez still has much to learn. I just don't think it's wise to ask him to change the way he has been accepting the snap for his entire life to be changed. He has plenty on his plate now.

Let him work on keeping his bottom hand from dropping when he gets ready for the snap. That's the way every team in the NFL does it now as far as I know. And like I said, if they make that change, every QB on the roster has to work on it and get tons of snaps from Mangold. You can't switch this up from one play or player to the next. This is not something you just change on the fly. It's asking for trouble.

OTA's are when you make changes like this, not in TC. That's where fundamentals are worked out. TC is for playing smarter, knowing assignments, working on timing. Let Sanchez wortk on keeping his lower hand up for this year.

5. ukilledkenny

ukilledkenny You bastards!

The bottom line is that if they did decide to take Namath's suggestion this is something that they could work out in under half an hour. All it would take is them making the decision and then going out and taking a few practice snaps before practice one day.

6. championjets69

championjets69 2008/2009 TGG Darksider Award Winner

Yeah but must have screwed up his footwork because today at the workouts Sanchez was wearing a "compression" brace on his knee

7. Italian Seafood

Italian Seafood New Member

That's connecting a lot of dots there, champ. Could be a precaution, who knows?

Regarding the snap, to me that's what camp is for. There's a month until the first real game, if he's dropping snaps, which he was when Namath was watching, that's why you have camp and that's why you have coaches and former greats there to help young players improve.

8. WhiteShoeWillis

WhiteShoeWillis Well-Known Member

He's wearing it to get used to it because they want him to wear it Monday.

9. championjets69

championjets69 2008/2009 TGG Darksider Award Winner

I was sought of joking not really deep thinking. But OTH I remember how Stottlemeyer screwed up Gooden windup when he decided to inprove his throw to 1st base so anything is possible

10. gustoonarmy

gustoonarmy 2006-2007 TGG.com Best International Poster of the

11. GordonGecko

GordonGecko Well-Known Member

12. MadBacker Prime

MadBacker Prime THE Dead Rabbit

Actually HBO had it up too. Lol

Only the first episode though. I guess they're teasing people.

13. Miamipuck

Miamipuck New Member

He isn't bad but Deadwood makes Rex look like a choir boy.

14. Joe Willie White Shoes

Joe Willie White Shoes Well-Known Member

You are joking, right?? $16 million in the bank yields $640,000 a year in interest at a modest 4%. If you don't believe you can't live very, very well, in a NYC suburb or anywhere else in the US on that amount of money you are ignorant.

As for putting themselves on the line, I know it is hard work and that NFL players beat up their bodies, but so do dozens of other professions and those people earn 5 figure salaries (police, fire, construction workers, coal miners). Plus, all NFL players put their bodies on the line, but not all should be paid ridiculous amounts of money.

And who says that NFL players earning capacity ends when their NFL careers end? Why can't an NFL player get a "real" job and earn money from age 30-35 on??? This "they have to make all their money in a few years" argument is complete and total bull shit.

Johnson and the Jets are right not to give in to this greedy SOB and his ass agents. Their "broken promises" and make a mess of training camp routine is getting old and tired after seeing over and over again. The Jets have not had any contract disputes under Tannenbaum except with Schwartz clients. And don't go throwing the Leon Washington argument out there either. The Jets offered a fair contract to a 29 year old part time back and kick returner. Washington has nobody to blame but himself for demanding too much and not taking the fair deal that was on the table.

As for paying the best CB in the NFL the most of any any CB in the NFL - Revis has only been in the league for three years. You don't demand that kind of money after only three years. Plus, why should the Jets be saddled with the Raiders' stupidity??? Where is it written or decreed that the next contract always has to be more than the highest one out there at that position? For Revis to demand Asomugha money plus 50 cents is not just greedy, it is infantile and selfish.

15. GordonGecko

GordonGecko Well-Known Member

never mind - delete

#455 GordonGecko, Aug 14, 2010
    Last edited: Aug 14, 2010
  16. ThunderbirdJet

I disagree, and it looks like the CS does too, or if it were so easy and simple, why don't they implement it?

I also think there is a flaw in Namath's technique. It is easier for the center to turn the ball and have his hand behind it rather than being gripped from the side, especially with a wet ball. If Mangold lost his grip, the ball could squirt out early and shoot righ through Sanchez' feet. That won't happen if Mangold's hand is behind and somewhat under the ball.

Every team in the NFL uses the hand over hand snap. I'll take a wild guess and say that there is a reason for that. I think the C has to stay with the snap a split second longer with Namath's technique as well.

If it were so simple and easy to change, and a better method, they would change it. I'll go with what Ryan and Schotty went with, TYVM.

17. NDmick

NDmick Revis Christ

^ wait, I thought this argument was about the ability to just keep his hand from dropping?

Shit, I misread this whole thing. The only thing Sanchez should work on is not dropping that hand.

What Joe was taking about with the hands being horizontal isn't something we should be looking into.

18. ThunderbirdJet

I think it should be something to consider for next year. The bottom line, and the easiest thing to do is get Sanchez to stop dropping his underneath hand.

It really is a bigger deal than people here want to dismiss as some minor adjustment. The snap has to be something that is automatic, not something especially now, that should be changed. There are simply too many other things to be worked on now. Sanchez just has to keep his hands together. Problem fixed.

19. NDmick

NDmick Revis Christ

yeah that's what I meant all along.

Just don't drop the bottom hand. Forget about the other adjustment. Its not necessary.

20. jetsmetsfan

jetsmetsfan New Member

I really didn't think or should I say remember Sanchez and Mangold having any exchange issues. I may be wrong but I really don't see it. So the old saying goes " You can't fix what ain't broke"