17a New Stadium Tour - PSL's, NEW STADIUM STUFF GO HERE

Discussion in 'Jets Experience' started by 17a_tailgater, Feb 8, 2009.

1. Digetydog

Digetydog Member

I just got an automated call from Bob W-shusen (can't spell his name) touting the game on Monday. Notably, it made no effort to sell me anything.

2. Section 227. Row 5

Section 227. Row 5 Active Member

I appreciate your posts, Loge. Another good one. Civil War is indeed brewing.

They could easily balance it out by making K and M orange and B and the other numbered lot yellow. Now the volume is the same but it is more convenient by being spread around the stadium more.

I still maintain the Orange situation was concocted in the mind of a PSL Marketing Director. Some sick, demented, sadistic bastard with a real yen for torture who sees this clusterfuck as another way to push people into one of his overpriced, cockamamie PSLs.

3. Section 227. Row 5

Section 227. Row 5 Active Member

I got the same all but hung up before they even had the chance.

4. Digetydog

Digetydog Member

My original seats were in Mezz A. When they dropped price, I found myself sitting on seats that were more expensive than the seats in front of me and the seats behind me. Had I been in Row 1 or 2, I might have been OK with it. In row 8, I was livid when they wouldn't let me move up without buying more seats.

Thankfully, help from some of the message boards gave me the ammo to get them to allow me to save $1500 per ticket. If they were priced identically, I would probably have stayed in Mezz A.

Mezz B wasn't bad at all. Just couldn't see paying a PSL for the seat that far up and in the endzone.

5. nyjunc

nyjunc 2008 TGG Bryan Cox "Most Argumentative" Award Winn

anyone have an extra parking pass for Monday?

6. Digetydog

Digetydog Member

You did make some very good points. Longtime STH's should have had first choice throughout the process at all pricing levels. By charging to much for many of the LL seats near the endzones during the initial sales, the Jets did manage to give many LT STH's the shaft. While it doesn't fix anything, I think that was a function of incompetence and not an intentional plan. Simply put, they set the PSL and ticket prices to high and caused a mess.

7. MadBacker Prime

MadBacker Prime THE Dead Rabbit

No but if your nice, ROJF will take you in his imaginary car, or you can go with the deluxe package which includes his imaginary BIL, wife, and field passes.

Carpool with someone maybe? Where are you coming from?

8. CT. Jets Fan

CT. Jets Fan New Member

Sent you a PM, nyjunc.

#9328 CT. Jets Fan, Aug 13, 2010
    Last edited: Aug 13, 2010
  9. LogeSection2RowJ

LogeSection2RowJ Well-Known Member

I got it too, but it seemed to be merely a reminder about the Ring of Honor induction which I think is scheduled before the game. That shows how well I listened to it...

Doesn't it seem like this ceremony would be best DURING the season, when a full, mostly Jets crowd was there - done at halftime? Maybe this is the first step towards Klecko getting in the hall of fame. It's a disgrace that he isn't. Hard Knocks, Jets exposure, Rex, a SB run will all help "Jets awareness" to get our second Joe in the Hall.

10. LogeSection2RowJ

LogeSection2RowJ Well-Known Member

I appreciate yours as well, fellow vetran (Jets, not 'Nam).

As for the parking, we do not deserve Lot M. It's too close for us dirtbag, cheap, whiny upper deck Jets fans :rofl: Surely I jest. J E S T jest jest jest.

Keep in mind we were given Lot B because although it is close, it is captured by the train tracks and station. The far side of B is a reasonably long walk around - farther than M would be. Who knows, it could also be loud from the trains. I'd be happy with getting access to K so the old group can still tailgate together. Right now it's split 50/50 between PSL and Uppers.

One point I'll make again that I always think about. What if you happen to like the upper deck, had seniority, would have paid a PSL but chose the much sought Upper Prime, low row seats for no reason other than the view. You'd still be fucked with an orange pass and poor options. They must be out there...

11. GordonGecko

GordonGecko Well-Known Member

aww poor guy, there there. there there.

12. backtoshea

backtoshea New Member

I'm here, except the part about paying a psl--I would never, ever have paid for a psl.

I have parked in lot D for as long as i've been coming. Since I cannot park there any longer, I will prob park in lot 26 and walk to my friends in lot D. I will also count on this board to assist me in finding the best lot that gets me out of the stadium onto route 120 south the quickest.

13. alleycat9

alleycat9 Well-Known Member

i really hope he doesnt dignify this with a response. there is no need he said all and everything he needed to say in his last post.

14. sec314

sec314 Well-Known Member

I have seats in Sec 319, row 10 & 11. A buddy of mine just bought 2 tickets off of stub hub for the Ravens game, sec 319, row 7 plus one parking pass for $175 ea. I would think those tickets will be a good sell. Just glad he got seats right in front of me

15. sec314

sec314 Well-Known Member

Izod lot, northside is the best way to get onto 120 going North. There is a service road

16. GordonGecko

Don't get me wrong, the new stadium sucks for everyone. There wasn't much wrong with the old place (except location, which fucking ironically enough they did not fix) and people weren't exactly dying to get sushi at half time. The prices are way too high now but at least if someone is willing to cough up the money they can now get seats.

#9336 GordonGecko, Aug 13, 2010
    Last edited: Aug 13, 2010
  17. Gator

Gator Active Member

Wouldn't it suck if you get to your seat and there is one of those 400 pound guys with a bag of cheese sitting next to you and spilling into your seat? Thirty years of this?

18. GordonGecko

haha yeah, you should definitely get a complimentary set of club seats for that

[​IMG]

19. GrindHouse

GrindHouse Member

For all you long time Jets STH's, is having seats next to brokered owned seats a good or bad thing. Meaning have any of you guys had to deal with different neighbors through a season due to the fact that those seats were being sold game by game. Pros and cons to sitting next to new fans for the next 30 years! Maybe one would be sitting next to somebody that doesn't like the Jets lol.

20. jets&rushfan

jets&rushfan New Member

How many extremely obese people do you know over 60?

What is worse, a drunken idiot or a person who has an eating disorder?

Last year I sat on the 50 behind the Jets bench at the end of a row and never had the same people in front, next to or behind me and did not have any problems all season.

In fact had some great conversation, gave a nice looking lady some extra handwarmers at the Bengals 10 degree game. If you are nice and pleasant, introduce yourself if you feel like it, people tend to be the same even if they are the other teams fans.

Best of all my stories never got old. :beer:

#9340 jets&rushfan, Aug 14, 2010
    Last edited: Aug 14, 2010