17a New Stadium Tour - PSL's, NEW STADIUM STUFF GO HERE

Discussion in 'Jets Experience' started by 17a_tailgater, Feb 8, 2009.

1. 17a_tailgater

17a_tailgater Active Member

there is pictures that where released with the season tickets and on madden that are exactly the same. green white jets lettering with a big red A for AFC

2. 17a_tailgater

17a_tailgater Active Member

anybody see this picture???
    [​IMG]

3. nyjunc

nyjunc 2008 TGG Bryan Cox "Most Argumentative" Award Winn

I believe it's supposed to be green w/ white jets lettering and the AFC and NFL lgoos but we were also supposed to have the Jets logo at midfield and now that isn't happening so who knows?

4. GordonGecko

GordonGecko Well-Known Member

Nice shot, clearly shows the difference in height. It would be nice if there was a website that had the measurements of all stadiums, including height from field level to various levels and outward distances

5. dthomas53

dthomas53 New Member

There are so many reasons why you cannot use that for any kind of comparison between NMS and GS. But to name a few, camera angle, positioning, zoom, resolution, etc.

Of course, I still think the GS had better seating and brought you much closer to the field. Especially in the UD...

6. RowOneJetFan

RowOneJetFan Guest

A lot of loyal UD people in the past were big fans but not good customers. Rather than senority alone Jets should have also counted total dollars spent on Jets.

The family who sat in front of me last year in front row club between tickets, food, sourveinrs etc. was spending $3,000 a game ($30,000 a season). Lets say he had ten years senority he spent $300,000 on the Jets in ten years. .

However, Jets gave better seats to a 20 year fan with a pair of seats in UD at $150 a game who may have only spent $30,000 lifetime on Jets tickets and stuff.

I paid full market price for my seats and every single season ticket holder with better senority than me had a shot at. If Jets suck and PSLs tank I am going to get a big I told you so from the long term season ticket holders, if Jets soar to superbowl the long term season ticket holders will bitch they should have got seats.

7. GordonGecko

You COULD use this particular picture because the field is lined up, except that the new one used is a rendering and not an actual picture. We need a real picture to compare to

8. dthomas53

dthomas53 New Member

Or so it appears to be. Pictures can be very manipulative.

9. GordonGecko

Yes they can, but when you use two real pictures, geometry is always geometry

10. nyjunc

does anyone have the parking lot map w/ the new zones on there that they could post?

11. Digetydog

Digetydog Member

The Jets system for distributing tickets was about as fair (nothing is perfect).
    1. The priced the tickets and the PSL's;
    2. People with seniority got first choice of the seats (which was why the UD Prime seats sold out immediately); and finally
    3. People who were locked out of the old stadium got a chance to pick up what was left.

The big things the Jets did wrong was:
    1. They charge no PSL at all for any of the UD prime seats;
    2. They mispriced (and continue to misprice) the Mezz B seats; and
    3. They mispriced the PSL's for LLEZ seats and some other sections.

12. dthomas53

dthomas53 New Member

[​IMG]

Pretty sure that's accurate.

13. nyjunc

Thanks dthomas!

14. dthomas53

dthomas53 New Member

Fully agree with this. LLEZ is much hotter commodity than Mezz B, yet they are priced the same. Makes no sense to me whatsoever.

If Mezz B prices drop, I would love to move back...

15. Digetydog

Digetydog Member

Many people, including me, have posted negative things about Mezz B. But, they are not bad seats.

The problem with them:
    1. LLEZ seats are available for the same price; and
    2. Lower rows in the UDEZ offer a very comparable view at a lower FV and no PSL.

16. LogeSection2RowJ

LogeSection2RowJ Well-Known Member

Good points. There are many here who've eaten more tickets than tailgate hamburgers - and without the ketchup. To say the tickets have been "cheap" and we've ridden "the gravy train for years" is asinine.

I get the whole supply/ demand/ price analysis thing. The new stadium gave the teams the rare opportunity to throw it all out the window, start over and sell by market value only to make themselves more money. But, obviously they didn't do a great job gaging it. That said, I understand the concept that longevity can't be the only judge. Sect 227, like myself, has been at this a while and hoped for a better deal than we received. I think they were fair - just overpriced, which absolutely proved to be true. I also believe there was funny business with the seemingly absolute lack of low-row Upper Primes. Something dishonest went on there, which no one of us would have realized on our own if not for a community thread such as this one.

I believe that in the long run, a price should have been assigned to the loyalty in their pricing model. In other words, the team would earn more money or "value" in the long run selling a lower priced product to those who they can expect will hold on to them, since they have already proven that loyalty. Instead, many of us are now holding the team to a one-year tryout, which is a huge miscalculation on their part. Penalizing us with inferior parking options was the first step in that direction. Big mistake.

I never thought of my seats as being an investment, or "cheap" or that I somehow was gaining equity in some way by attending all of those games all those years. For this stadium I traded location in order to keep six seats - seats that are used by fans of the team, not resold. Even if I reduced to 2, the PSL scenario was so flawed because you have no control of the ticket price. That's what makes them very risky at best, or foolish, and the furthest thing from an investment as you can get. You won't be able to argue that the Jets won't raise ticket prices for fear of selling less tickets. With thousands and thousands now contractually bound to buy them, why wouldn't they raise them? Goodwill? Kindness? I thank Sect 227 for shouting this out to us until he was blue in the face for the past year and a half. Even still, as the Deacon against PSL "investments", 227 himself was tempted by the Devil at the last minute, but thankfully regained his wits. (BTW that was the highlight of this thread for me - the 227 stadium visit) Why? Because when you boil it all down, what's left in any of us is a big Jets fan, money or not. We like rooting for them and we love being at the games. That's true for the PSL or Club seats owner too. I congratulate them for being able to afford them, but pity them for purchasing the seats as an investment if that an not the love of Jets football drove the decision.

Getting back to the point, No, none of us rode the Jets gravy train in getting to this point, profiting from cheap tickets. I too was at that 9-6 game in the rain. It was against Indy I believe ; )

17. dthomas53

dthomas53 New Member

I sat in my original Mezz B seats a while back and thought they were great. And while I prefer a higher view, the LLEZ has so much more value that I just couldn't stay in Mezz B and feel good about it.

18. LogeSection2RowJ

LogeSection2RowJ Well-Known Member

Damn it - LOT K NEEDS TO BE ORANGE. They have too much allocated for the clubs. Look at it all - it is insane, all that green. There'll be empty asphalt and lots of it, pardon the pun.

Upper deck seating needs some added reasonable tailgate area where we can meet our yellow pass holding friends we've tailgated with previously. Civil War is brewing....

Any of you guys get to take their email fan survey? I kicked off my ORANGE LOT K campaign to the Jets in the comments section of that.
    It just makes sense proportionally if you look at it. In fact, since they've always said there'd be more parking in total than previous years, Lot P should be game day cash only - no passes needed for Lot P.

19. Section 227. Row 5

Section 227. Row 5 Active Member

Good points and I'm not disputing that the market should dictate what the tickets are worth. And you are correct that people with seniority were initially contacted in order. But you carefully eliminate the details.

During the first go-around, when they initially started calling seniority people in order, the PSL asking prices in those since-reduced Sections were double what they eventually sold for. So the seniority people were offered these PSLs at double market value and many, of course, declined and had to take the uppers. Once Woody decided to reduce the PSLs in those sections, did they come back around according to seniority and try to accomodate? That would be ther right thing to do, since they were priced erroneously to begin with. Not on your life. Screw Job #1.

After they opened the floodgates and buyers poured in over a two-day period and grabbed up all the decent seats in the price-reduced sections, many good upper deck seats opened up. Did they bother to give the seniority people another shot at moving closer? One shot even... not musical chairs... but hold off until all uppers have vacated into the reduced PSL seats and then go around systematically and give those loyel fans ONE SHOT, by seniority, to fill in closer to the 50. Not on your life. Screw Job #2.

I would also disagree with your opinion that "The long time holders were on a decades long gravy train with cheap tickets they could print a mint with. They've had years and years of way under market tickets, I don't feel sorry for them one bit."

My MEZZ tickets were $115 per year. "Under market" tickets? I sat through decades... decades where you couldn't GIVE the tickets away. You have no idea... no concept... no clue of which you speak. You know just enough to be dangerous. Tell me, how many years (gravy-traion years) did you have YOUR tickets at under market value? My guess is none. You weren't a STHer for very long if at all, so you have no idea of what it was like to pay the fucking bill every spring, hanging on and paying the invoice even though the team was 4-12 last year... but Oh Wait... they may be building a new stadium... and won't it be nice to be able to get some good seats after all this? I guess I'll pay yet one more year and at least if they build a new stadium we'll have great seats. Yeah, right. Not on your life. Screw Job #3.

I'm sorry, but your post seems like an attempt at sticking up for Woody Johnson. If so, hang your head in shame. The man is a dirtbag.

And I don't need no stinkin' lectures on the Soviet Union either, until you let me know how many night ambushes you've sat out on in your lifetime in defense of capitalism and freedom. This isn't about the Soviet Union and central planning and price-setting of seats in the new stadium. It is about fairness though... treating the older seniority guys with at least a little decency after they sat allthose years with their cheap, under market tickets getting rich on resales when our record has been so sterling.

20. Section 227. Row 5

Section 227. Row 5 Active Member

And I forgot Screw Job #4. Orange Parking Areas.

Fuck this. I'm heading for Long Beach Island. I'll be sitting on my deck before 7 with a cocktail in my hand, looking at the Atlantic Ocean.