Jets vs Giants - MNF Preseasoon Opener 8/16 Chatter

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by NYJetsMan7, Aug 11, 2010.

1. nyjunc

nyjunc 2008 TGG Bryan Cox "Most Argumentative" Award Winn

Who is Terrell Thomas and what has he ever won in this league?

and it's absolutely comical that the Giants are whining about teams talking when for years they have been nothing but loudmouths, just b/c they had that fluky run where every break fell their wayy in '07 they act like they are the 00s Pats. I wish we played these guys in the regular season.

2. FriendlyGiantsFan

FriendlyGiantsFan New Member

I tend to make it a point to not engage you in discussion, but what loudmouths over the last few years? Considering all the noise the Jets are making that's an interesting accusation to throw around. I'm curious as to what players on the Giants you feel are speaking out of turn.

Terrell Thomas is a 3rd year CB that had his breakout year last year despite playing on a historically shitty defense. Considering he's a starter you might want to know who he is. I can tell you the Jets starting secondary players because I actually try to learn about the team.

And exactly what breaks fell the Giants' way in 2007? I'm sure you're going to mention the final drive in the Super Bowl and I'm more than happy to debate that drive with you. What other breaks are you going to try and make up?

For everyone else, this is NOT anti-Jets sentiment on my part; it's anti-junc. I probably shouldn't do this, but I can't let every ridiculous thing he says go untouched. See Hank Baskett recovering an onsides kick that bounced right to him being harder than Peyton leading his offense to a game winning TD in the Super Bowl to see one of the several things that stirs my ire.

3. FriendlyGiantsFan

Good Lord, it seems the Giants may play without both starting offensive guards, Steve Smith, Kevin Boss, and Corey Webster. Terrell Thomas may be out too. I think my earlier post about not caring if we lose by 70 points may be tested as I fully expect Ryan to have his boys fired up and playing like it's real.

4. TommyGreen

TommyGreen Trolls

5. 17a_tailgater

17a_tailgater Active Member

and this terrell thomas was popping shit and he aint even playing??

what position does he play anyway???

6. nyjunc

We don't need your silly preamble, just respond or don't. I don't care.

I don't care about players talking but it's comical coming froma team that always talked big and never backed it up until the fluke of '07. heck, heading into that game the Giants were chirping all SB week but it's ok when your team does it, right?

Terrell Thomas has never done anything in this league and he wasn't apart of the SB team from '07. It's not our fault that your secondary is so bad that terrell Thomas is starting in it.

Please, you got breaks in the TB game on an Eli fumble that they made up a flag to keep the ball int he Giants hands.

Against Dallas it was the choker Romo

Against GB it was the choker Favre

In the SB one of the greatest and luckiest plays of all time.

Your last playoff win pre 2007? 2000 and you haven't won a playoff game since. It was a great but fluky run.

Are you going to change this to make excuses for Peyton now? Stick to one topic, it's hard enough for you to keep up on one topic.

7. TommyGreen

TommyGreen Trolls

The Giants sure are doing a lot of talking for a team that supposedly doesn't care about the Jets.

8. TommyGreen

TommyGreen Trolls

Aren't the Jets the home team for this Preseason game?

9. WhiteShoeWillis

WhiteShoeWillis Well-Known Member

EFnews‎: Breaking: the #NFL has just made a secret coin toss and the #Giants will have the ball first in mondays preseason game vs the #Jets
    Twitter - 21 minutes ago

10. FriendlyGiantsFan

Thomas shouldn't talk. He got suckered into saying something stupid by the press. I think he needs to learn that when the Jets are a topic, reporters are going to look for controversial quotes. I think Tuck learned this lesson and has fallen in line.

Oh, and he plays corner.

11. FriendlyGiantsFan

I'm going to respond to you via private messages to spare everyone else here the literary eye-rape that is reading whatever the hell it is you try to pass off as cogent thought and solid reasoning.

12. nyjunc

:rolleyes:

13. FriendlyGiantsFan

There isn't a vomiting smiley face, so I can't get all cute in turn. Sowwie!

14. WhiteShoeWillis

OK, can we take the cat fight somewhere else?

15. nyjunc

I'm sorry I hurt his feelings.

16. FriendlyGiantsFan

Way ahead, it's being done via private messages now. I know this isn't going to be fun for anyone else to read. Hell, I doubt I'll enjoy it.

17. JetsAllOverYoFace

JetsAllOverYoFace New Member

How did we manage to get a Jet home pre-season game against the giants, the staduim will be JET green, without a coin toss followed by a duel between woody and Mara...

18. TommyGreen

TommyGreen Trolls

Is that serious? Why wouldn't they just do the coin toss on the field?

19. dthomas53

dthomas53 New Member

Yea, there were enough of dropped INTs on that drive to keep that debate going for a good 0.003s. :smile:

20. WhiteShoeWillis