The Darrelle Revis No Longer Holding Out Thread

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by bojanglesman, Jul 30, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bigcotch

bigcotch Banned

I know many native NY's who for some reason, always feel the need to tell me about some great place in NY that I don't care about, and then they explain every road I need to take to get there.

"Yeah, then I go over the Tri Borough in the Bronx, and head into Queens. I'm telling you right now, it's the best carwash on the East Coast." Ugh.

You can't tell me you don't know people like this.

2. TommyGreen

TommyGreen Trolls

I do it too. We all do. Being annoyed about that would be like being annoyed at people breathing.

3. AbdulSalam

AbdulSalam New Member

I'm guessing that there is no news on the negotiations if we are reduced to talknig about car washes and how people talk in nyc?

4. bigcotch

bigcotch Banned

That is fucking funny! It's not annoying, it's just hysterical. My buddy does it every day, and we just roll our eyes.

5. GordonGecko

GordonGecko Well-Known Member

I love how all of a sudden the Mevi$ team declares a public truce after hard knocks comes out making him look like a greedy shitbag. It wasn't helping him that all this was making him look bad so now he can go back in private to asking for 5 billion dollars and a large mediteranean island with diamond encrusted "DR"s on all the sand grains on the beach

6. ukilledkenny

ukilledkenny You bastards!

it was a joint statement but making up your own version of things can be fun i guess.

7. MBGreen

MBGreen Banned

I'm fine with the truce....as long as the 2 sides are working towards an agreement.

It's the "silence" that's killing me now.

8. bojanglesman

bojanglesman Active Member

Once again, when he signs, people will forget most of this over time and you'll be cheering for him when he's on the field. If you don't, you aren't a real Jets fan.

There's nothing wrong with being a little upset about a guy holding out for a shitload of $$, but let's not blow it all out of proportion when none of us know a damn thing about the details of what's going on.

You'd think the guy mugged an old lady by some of the comments on here. Geez.

9. GordonGecko

what's your point?

10. Don

Don 2008 TGG Rich Kotite "Least Knowledgeable" Award W

What I am afraid is that people will constantly be worrying about when he decides to sit out again. His track record sucks. The bad feelings won't go away any time soon. Even more so if he signs a 100+ million dollar contract.

11. WhiteShoeWillis

WhiteShoeWillis Well-Known Member

I agree that people need to lay of Revis - he's just trying to get his money, which he should.

I'd say we know more than "not a damn thing" about the details though.

12. ........

........ Trolls

I wouldn't judge that on his reaction to his rookie contract or the conflict over # of years on that rookie contract. Once he gets a veteran deal in the NFL, I think he'll play through it.

13. ........

........ Trolls

There won't be any news until he signs or one side breaks the agreement and leaks info. The former will merit a new thread; the latter won't happen any time soon.

14. GordonGecko

Until the next guy gets a $20M/yr contract and Mevi$ gets his panties all wet again and starts crying like a little bitch

15. ........

........ Trolls

Well, I'm sorry, but that's an awfully shitty attitude to take. His primary responsibility to the fans is to help our team win games. If he's doing that, I don't see why anyone should care about his contract once he's back on the field.

The lone exception would be if we start to lose players because of the money, but again...base that on how much he's helping the team vs. how much those other players would have.

16. bojanglesman

bojanglesman Active Member

Well, I guess we may know about the total numbers, but the real details are the guaranteed money offers. I've not heard anything concrete about guaranteed $. We don't even know what the totals for "band-aid" options were. I've seen a few numbers floated out there, but nothing confirmed.
    Maybe "not a damn thing" was wrong though.

17. ........

........ Trolls

Right, because the complete aberration of Asomugha's contract is going to suddenly mean that the standard CB contract doubles. Nate Clements averages $10 million per season. You think someone's going to double that? Al's deal was insane, and that was a shade over $15 million.

18. kbgreen

kbgreen Well-Known Member

Don - Is this a Ricky Williams thing? because I thought Miami basically proved that the signing bonus could be recouped if they player leaves/holds out etc. Umm well if Ricky hadn't smoke the 10mil bonus in pot first. What did it take him two years, that's alot of pot!

19. Barry the Baptist

Barry the Baptist Hello son, would you like a lolly?

I've got one of the great lines from that episode in my sig.... fantastic reference BTW

20. WhiteShoeWillis

WhiteShoeWillis Well-Known Member

Tanny has said the Jets are flexible with the bonus money but will not negotiate that until the total compensation part of the deal is agreed on. We cannot know about information that doesn't exist.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.