17a New Stadium Tour - PSL's, NEW STADIUM STUFF GO HERE

Discussion in 'Jets Experience' started by 17a_tailgater, Feb 8, 2009.

1. rgoltsch

rgoltsch New Member

Is it even possible to have a MORE feminine version of Woody Allen?

Lol. Thanks for the laugh.

2. RowOneJetFan

RowOneJetFan Guest

I just picked up seats on stubhub in the UD, section 342 row 16 seats 1,2,3 and 4. I hope the people who sit next to me would be up for a BBQ before game, with enough BBQ and Ketchup and a hot enough grill almost any jets fan can taste great.

just kidding 227

3. GrindHouse

GrindHouse Member

RuPaul!!!!!!!

4. Digetydog

Digetydog Member

That is very disturbing to me. Maybe I should tell my shrink?

5. MadBacker Prime

MadBacker Prime THE Dead Rabbit

Like I said rojf, come over and introduce yourself and you can pick which game you want to the CC tix for?

Do you want my sizes?

6. RowOneJetFan

RowOneJetFan Guest

Newsday Article Today about PSLs

It's a tough sell at new home for Giants, Jets
    August 12, 2010 By NEIL BEST neil.best@newsday.com

Quick SummaryIt would've been shocking years ago if the Giants had open spots on the season ticket list. Not today.
    For most of my first half century living in Football Nation, it would have been nonsensical, something out of an alternate sports universe. But there it was this week:

Ads for Giants tickets, on TV and in print, the last featuring a large picture of Eli Manning screaming under a headline that reads, "YOU WANT A PIECE OF ME?! JOIN THE CLUB!''

Left unmentioned was the price of admission - personal seat licenses ranging from $7,500 to $20,000 and game tickets for $400 to $700 per.

Truth is, the Giants are in better shape with ticket sales as they prepare to open a new stadium than the Jets, Yankees, Mets, Devils and Red Bulls at similar stages.

At last count they had about 1,250 club seats left to peddle while the Jets still were working on non-club seats even after slashing some prices.

But that doesn't lessen the shock for those of us alive during an era when the Giants' season ticket list was one of the most impenetrable fortresses in sports, which covers anyone over the age of 3.

Not anymore, though, not after a list 140,000 names long rapidly evaporated, leaving us where we are today, less than a month from the regular-season opener and getting yelled at by Eli Manning.

It is the latest turn in what until two or three years ago widely was expected to be an exciting, overdue building boom in New York sports, with not a baseball or football ticket to be had for years to come.

Then the economy went bust, and suddenly the local teams' pricing plans devolved from ambitious to ridiculous, and the Yankees and Mets found themselves cutting prices and explaining empty seats.

It only got worse when the Giants and Jets added personal seat licenses to the mix, a notorious device that allows fans essentially to buy a house for the privilege of renting it.

PSLs exacerbated the sticker shock that was inevitable when the cost of premium football seats, which had been selling to longtime fans for under market value for years, skyrocketed.

So, here we are.

Monday night, the costliest stadium in American history ($1.7 billion) will open for football on national TV when the Giants "visit" the Jets, and what should have been a celebratory moment in New York sports instead seems surprisingly joyless and perfunctory.

Part of it is the fact the stadium has hosted a number of events already, creating an air of anticlimax. But more of it is because of the long slog to sell tickets and PSLs, which led many fans to wonder what exactly was wrong with Giants Stadium in the first place.

(Duh! Narrow concourses.)

The biggest excitement surrounding the preseason opener will be the NFL Films cameras covering all angles for the second episode of HBO's "Hard Knocks."

The season premiere Wednesday was an entertaining start, featuring a head coach with a spectacularly naughty vocabulary and offering insights into the grim quest for a new contract for Darrelle Revis.

But like much of the news surrounding the Jets in recent months and years - dating to the acquisition of Brett Favre - their participation is believed to be at least in part a function of their ticket-selling push.

Capping the gray cloud hanging over the predominantly gray new stadium is the name of the place itself.

New Meadowlands Stadium? No one would have predicted pre-recession that the Giants and Jets would christen the joint with a depressingly generic name still attached to it.

It's a sign of the times, though. Tough times.

7. Section 227. Row 5

Section 227. Row 5 Active Member

"Personal seat licenses... a notorious device that allows fans essentially to buy a house for the privilege of renting it."

"Monday night, the costliest stadium in American history ($1.7 billion) will open for football on national TV when the Giants "visit" the Jets, and what should have been a celebratory moment in New York sports instead seems surprisingly joyless and perfunctory."

"Part of it is the fact the stadium has hosted a number of events already, creating an air of anticlimax. But more of it is because of the long slog to sell tickets and PSLs, which led many fans to wonder what exactly was wrong with Giants Stadium in the first place."

8. nyjunc

nyjunc 2008 TGG Bryan Cox "Most Argumentative" Award Winn

Bad news about the field, instead of the Jets logo at midfield they are now just sticking w/ the NFL logo.

9. 17a_tailgater

17a_tailgater Active Member

im ok with that. we have the endzones the way we want them. every stadium should have the NFL logo at midfield.

besides if it could prevent injury im all for it

10. LogeSection2RowJ

LogeSection2RowJ Well-Known Member

Yeah, that about sums it up. I am anxious to get in there for a game finally, but from my new perch in 301 I wonder how much time will be spent glumly thinking about my previous seats in Loge Section 2 at Shea, and then 122 at Giants Stadium. Watch, it'll probably rain Monday Night so I'll get wet for the first time in 31 years, But, hey, with 6 tickets on my account I had no choice than to take the lowest priced seats offered, so please, no smart-ass comments about being cheap, "that's the way it goes" etc. If I reduced to two seats the entire experience of going would change dramatically. 31 seasons later, I still enjoy it.

I wonder how this thread will change once the season begins. It's been great - practically a blog itself really. Funny to look back and recall all of the posts predicting where the cut-off of seniority might be for the shot at PSL-free uppers, the excitement of seeing the first photos, goofy hard-hats, safety glasses and all, escalator-gate (OK, that term wasn't used by anyone but me) and all of the speculation about getting f*cked on the parking - which turned out to be true except for the no tailgating fears of many. This thread has been a great source of info and entertainment. Thanks everyone.

Now, I've been heading into Jets seasons for some time now and I don't recall a roster this deep and talented coming off a great finish to a previous season, so hopefully Achilles tendons, Patella tendons, Brigitte Neilsen, player strikes, and "the hold out" aside, we have a team that will make seats in the 300 level a great place to be - rain or shine. I'm looking forward to 2010 no matter were I'm seated - which is the way it ought to be.

11. 17a_tailgater

this is my BIGGEST FEAR!!!!!!

12. Section 227. Row 5

Section 227. Row 5 Active Member

Anyone with that kind of seniority who attends so religiously should be occupying levels 100 or 200, IMO. Woody should have made that happen. The 300 level ought to be for occasional or "casual fans." those who aren't die-hards and who perhaps buy a game or two a year and don't want season tickets. The uppers should be occupied by them and newbies looking to come and experience it and see if they'd like season tickets one day.

Instead, it's the exact opposite. I don't quite know what sort of creative financing Woody should have secured to accomplish this, but it's inexusable in my mind that he didn't. A man of his resourcesa nd contacts could have and should have made this happen. He's a failure in this regard, in my eyes at least.

If he brings us a Vince Lombardi Trophy, he certainly won't be a failure in that department and will be afforded all the accolades for having done so, especially by me. But he's a failure in the human relations department, IMO, and always will be, for the inexusable way he set this nightmare up for his most loyal fans.

13. 17a_tailgater

with my seniority and before psl's where announced i envisioned myself in the mezz or lower level.then the psl's where announced and its been an awful unforgettable experience from that day till now.even the thought of my seats being worst than the my prior seats stresses me out.

im not sitting in good seats b/c of my financial status and not seniority is just wrong.

14. Jerseyboyisback

Jerseyboyisback New Member

What do the Endzones look like?? what we got in out season ticket box?? or what we used to have??

15. Digetydog

Digetydog Member

While I appreciate you opinion, I have to disagree. The reason the Jets and Giants had enormous waiting lists was the ticket prices were systematically underpriced relative to the market price. As a result, the same people got to attend year after year while other fans were forced to pay outrageous sums to buy tickets from brokers and other sources.

While the new pricing/PSL system has been traumatic and poorly managed, it has allowed fans to show how much they truly value the seats they sit in.

Would I love to sit on the 50 yard line, row 40 of the lower bowl? Certainly. Unfortunately, I don't have that type of money. I am not; however, going to whine about it. If someone wants to pay for an enormous PSL and a high ticket per ticket to sit there, that is their choice.

The "I was there first" argument only goes so far. Had the Jets allocated tickets using only the old seniority system and used the pricing at the old stadium, many of those long term season ticket holders would be selling their seats on SH for an enormous profit.

Under the "I was there first" pricing plan, I can see the posting now: "I bought 4 tickets in the LL on the 50 for $150 per game with no PSL. Yesterday, I sold the Ravens game for $1,000 per ticket and paid for the rest of the season. "

16. GordonGecko

GordonGecko Well-Known Member

I was going to say the exact same thing. The long time holders were on a decades long gravy train with cheap tickets they could print a mint with. They've had years and years of way under market tickets, I don't feel sorry for them one bit

17. MadBacker Prime

MadBacker Prime THE Dead Rabbit

That is funny referring to this thread as its own board. This thread is why I signed up here in the first place, so Ty 17a.

JI is a bunch of douchebags.

18. Jerseyboyisback

Jerseyboyisback New Member

17 A What do the new Endzone look like?

19. 17a_tailgater

undervalue???

did you ever sit in the rain to watch the Jets lose 9-5?????

how about years and years of anguish through walton coslett carroll and kotite???

paying for 2 preseason tickets year after year that are actually worhtless??

anyone could have gotten season tickets before 1997.i mean anyone.

i understand new stadium prices have to increase but $30,000 PLUS $700 a game ticket for 10 games????

20. GordonGecko

GordonGecko Well-Known Member

Correct me if I'm wrong, but didn't the Jets give season ticket holders their pick of where they wanted to sit in order of seniority? If they couldn't afford the $700 tickets that someone else was going to pay, they had first dibs in seats they could afford. And if you can't afford any of them, you're probably not alone and the Jets will have a hard time selling out and will eventually lower prices. Otherwise if they all get bought up, that's what they were worth and you're not special enough to get a free favor to get them for any less than that. Market system, this ain't the Soviet Union