The Official Hard Knocks Thread

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Hennessy2710, Aug 7, 2010.

1. Joe Willie White Shoes

Joe Willie White Shoes Well-Known Member

Yeah - its tough to get by on only $1 milliion, even after he pocketed another $15 million the past three years. It's tough to get by on only that. And how do you expect the best CB in the NFL to survive on only $120 million for the next ten years??????

What you really should have gotten out of that scene is that Basped would have played for $25,000 a year. Revis and his agents are still selfish jerks. Don't go throwing around the "get as much money as you can" stuff when he has already pocketed $15 million. Revis can blow out a knee mowing his lawn tomorrow and live like a king for the rest of his life. It's not about money, its about ego and pride and perceived respect, which makes him look foolish and greedy compared to a guy like Basped.

2. Enigmah

Enigmah Active Member

I'm sure most fans on here have the same sentiment. I have no problem with Revis trying to get his and using the little leverage he does have. The problem for me comes in, however, when you try to push it to the point where you are hurting the team on the field and hurting their ability to lock up other important pieces.

But nevertheless, I agree. There are no handouts in this league. We saw it last year with Leon and a little bit with Basped on the show. Your career can take a turn for the worst in a hurry. Guys need to get as much as they can...asap.

3. ThunderbirdJet

ThunderbirdJet New Member

As the good post above explains, it's much more than just having Sanchez adjust his hands. Mangold would have to change the way he snaps the ball. Sanchez would have one more basic fundamental to worry about. This is something that not only Sanchez would have to change, but so would every other QB and C on the team.

I agree that Namath is right, but it's a little too late to make a fundamental change like that now. This is no time to make a big change in the C-QB exchange. Good thing to work on for next year, but in the meantime, Sanchez should just learn to avoid dropping the underneath hand.

If they tried this now, what if Mangold forgot once, and turned the ball on the snap? Heck, me might even break one of Sanchez's fingers or perhaps just jam them, nevermind putting the ball on the ground.

4. dmarz45

dmarz45 Well-Known Member

Awesome show!!!!

#424 dmarz45, Aug 12, 2010
    Last edited: Aug 12, 2010
  5. dubagedi

dubagedi New Member

Alright I just watched this and I gotta say that even though as a Pats fan I hate the Jets, Rex Ryan is the fucking man. This guy is hilarious.

6. JetFanInMD

JetFanInMD New Member

We're not accepting any new fans from north of NY.

7. TheBlairThomasFumble

TheBlairThomasFumble Active Member

Great post! Welcome back!

8. AbdulSalam

AbdulSalam New Member

They should implement Namath's suggested changes immediately. They can certainly make these adjustments w/o creating a major crisis. They have plenty of time to fix this weakness in the snap. Better to get it done now, than to have to implement it in October.

9. guinness77

guinness77 Active Member

LOLOLOLOLOL. That's great.

10. trsean

trsean New Member

Thanks. Saw it. Enjoyed it.

The quality of Hard Knocks gets better every year.

11. SixFeetDeep

SixFeetDeep Red Hot Robbie Cano

best 50 minutes of my life

12. ThunderbirdJet

ThunderbirdJet New Member

Every QB and lineman who plays center have snapped the ball one way their entire careers. Do you think it's a good idea to change that now? I don't know of another team that uses Namtah's technique... how and why it went away I have no idea. This is no time to mess with it. Next year fine...

13. Royal Tee

Royal Tee Girls juss wanna have fun

Get by? Seriously?

Considering that almost every star athlete in NY is getting hammered in taxes but nooooo, $16-Mil he's living like a King for the rest of his life?
    pfffft, yea ok

C'mon JWWS,
    Did you even see the hard work they put in? They put their bodies on the line every single day and considering that life will only last a few years damn right they better get that money.

I can't believe you guys are so Sided with the Billionaire who is refusing to play the best CB in the NFL like he's the best CB in the NFL...

14. fenwyr

fenwyr Active Member

I would do anything to have $15 million in the bank for 3 years of work.

In a decent savings account you and your family could live off the interest, for generations if you opt for a medium risk investment strategy.

This doesn't even tak into account that he was set to make another $21 million over the next 3 years.

Revis was the best CB in the NFL in 2009. Aso had proven himself over the life of his rookie contract before getting his (ridiculous) big payday. Up until last season, he was unquestionably the best CB in the NFL.

15. Jets41815162342

Jets41815162342 New Member

16. Lynkx

Lynkx Active Member

Asomugha's deal is fucking retarded though, Revis should be happy with 13-14 mill a year, I don't see why he has to be paid more then Aso, who is ridiculously overpaid by Al Davis of all people.

17. xmscott

xmscott Well-Known Member

18. Mr Electric

Mr Electric Banned

^ I was about to say something about Deadwood.

19. thedoc53

thedoc53 New Member

Susie is freaking amazing in all her episodes

20. Royal Tee

Royal Tee Girls juss wanna have fun

Don't get me wrong, I'm as heated @ Revis for taking such a hard line stance, IMO that is a little over the top but @ the same time,
    The JETS FO has been FOS over this, Fluffing about what they offered, going on the radio & TV talking out their ass basically to try and "look like the goodguys"....

and ftr, Susie on Curb is a friggin riot!

I'll never forget the Dolls Head Episode.