The Darrelle Revis No Longer Holding Out Thread

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by bojanglesman, Jul 30, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Chrisp22

Chrisp22 Active Member

As I look back, Roddy White was a holdout in August of 2009. Jackson is holding out and so is Revis. Looks like the agents are not only douches to Tannenbaum, but toward the other NFL GM's as well.

2. 624

624 Banned

There hasn't been a post in this thread for 4 hours, it just didn't feel right.

3. MBGreen

MBGreen Banned

it smells like farts and broken dreams in here.

4. GQMartin

GQMartin Go 'Cuse

I don't understand why the Jets front office doesn't just front load the shit out of the contract. Give him a lot of the guaranteed money up front this year when it doesn't count against the cap.

5. Br4d

Br4d 2018 Weeb Ewbank Award

I'm going to be really surprised if he gets a dime over 120 million in the overall deal and if it's more than about 11 million a year actual, not counting several inflated years at the end that he'll never see.

I expect the Jets will meet Revis halfway on guaranteed money, giving him maybe a shade over 20 million up front and a second year salary (to get around the 30% rule) of about 16 million so he can say that for one year he had a salary greater than Aso. This also means he'll likely have a 3 year compensation level of close to 42 million, which is in the Aso neighborhood. He'll be set for life and then the 6 million a year salaries to help the cap will kick in for 4 years running. I expect the first 6 years of the deal will have about 66 million total in them, including the 20 million he's getting up front in signing bonus. I expect the last 4 years will have about 54 million total, including a large roster bonus in the 7th year of the deal that is designed to make the Jets punt on Revis before his 30th birthday if they're not interested in retaining him at the higher numbers.

#3325 Br4d, Aug 12, 2010
    Last edited: Aug 12, 2010
  6. GordonGecko

GordonGecko Well-Known Member

Why so they can overspend and have no money for anyone else? That makes no sense, don't give him a penny more than he's worth, which is not more than 12-13 mil per not guaranteed

7. IWillPeeGreen

IWillPeeGreen Member

I hope Darrelle Revis does indeed get rewarded for not showing up for training camp, gets a multi-year contract for outperforming his contract last year.

Hell I hope they all get rewarded. Vincent Jackson I hope you get your multi year contract for your two decent, but not stellar years.

I hope Michael Crabtree someday becomes the Union president.

I HOPE every damn player expects a new contract based on what others have been getting, based on having one good year, or in Crabtree's case, compensated for having a good college career.

There's a 100% chance of a lockout, and its because the players wont back down from maximum greed, and rejecting a rookie salary cap.

8. AbdulSalam

AbdulSalam New Member

I can't believe he wants to miss the Giants game in the new stadium...

9. MaddJettFann

MaddJettFann Banned

* Does anybody understand that Revis originally agreed to a contract for 5 years to be paid a certain amount of money ? Now that doesnt matter ? let him sit for 3 years and make no money, we will be Superbowl champs, and Revis will be left out.... ONE MAN DOES NOT MAKE A TEAM!

10. HCoftheNYJ

HCoftheNYJ New Member

His worth is the problem. How many players do more on the field to alter the flow of a game? Intellectually, there's no reason why he shouldn't be the highest paid defender in the league, let alone cornerback.

He knows that. And in a league where everything can be gone in an instant, he needs to be compensated as such now.

11. GordonGecko

GordonGecko Well-Known Member

How about 32 quarterbacks on 32 teams? Revis is but one defensive position, and his value to the Jets is not as high as he thinks it is

That's clearly what's going through his mind, but that's tough shit. This is the NFL, if you can't perform or get turned into a vegetable you don't get paid. Jets are willing to pay him something, but nowhere near the whole contract amount

12. HCoftheNYJ

HCoftheNYJ New Member

...yeah. Sorry if I have sympathy for a guy wanting to maximize his value before "being turned into a vegetable."

13. IWillPeeGreen

IWillPeeGreen Member

he held out for a contract that compensated him very well before he even played a down in the nfl. he is freaking endangering one of the most promising Jets season in its history.

ask jamarcus russell, kerry rhodes, matt leinart, and reggie bush how their guarenteed money has treated them

14. MaddJettFann

MaddJettFann Banned

* Nobody seems to remember that Revis signed a contract (gave his word)originally to play football the best he could for 5 years for a specified amount of money, now he played very good(for 1 year) and got some publicity and a money hungry agent and now none of that original agreement matters ? the man has no integrity or honor, let him sit 3 years, make no money, miss our superbowl run and ruin his career.

15. HCoftheNYJ

HCoftheNYJ New Member

In the NFL, that logic doesn't fly. A team can tear up a contract at will and owe a player nothing. There's a reason this doesn't happen in league with legitimate players associations, and that reason isn't that football players are randomly more selfish than baseball players.

16. SixFeetDeep

SixFeetDeep Red Hot Robbie Cano

thanks for the update fuckboy.

17. ........

........ Trolls

Dude, check the "Introduce Yourself" thread. He's in his 40s. You could at least call him fuckman.

18. guinness77

guinness77 Active Member

[​IMG]

19. SixFeetDeep

SixFeetDeep Red Hot Robbie Cano

hopefully he replicated the above post in that thread too. in troll years hes only 13.

20. Miamipuck

Miamipuck New Member

Well he was Mark Gastineau's fluffer according to his intro.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.