Hard Knocks Tonight - Links

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by jetsflyinginjersey, Aug 11, 2010.

1. LogeSection2RowJ

LogeSection2RowJ Well-Known Member

I second the "thank you"!

A reminder about bit torrents - HBO goes after those sharing files of their shows. Remember that a torrent download is also being shared with others from you at the same time. I stopped using it for getting HBO shows a couple years back when Optimum sent me a legal warning email that I was distributing HBO content illegally after I merely downloaded one episode of the show John Adams. I was surprised since I didn't think I was pirating and distributing anything, then I remembered that download.

I imagine some of the people who get busted "distributing" shall we say, illegal video content are probably people who believe to be merely viewing it using this method of downloading. No, they are also distributing at the same time - a more serious crime. HBO seems to be pretty aggressive so watch out.

Just a thought. I am certainly no expert at this. Others of you might be.

2. york61

york61 Well-Known Member

I am in private trackers that are exclusive and unless you enable DHT which opens up the tracker to the public it is very difficult to track. I have over 1.6 terabytes of data on my hard drive through private trackers and no problem Only 3% of the US population even know what P2p sharing is. People think of limewire and BTjunkie and pirate bay which are all public trackers. There is another private tracker world which is through invite only. Similar to a rope line at a famous club in NYC and those trackers take time to get the invite. Also for those looking to use torrents I suggest using Utorrent 1.8.5. The newest version 2.X modifies seeding ratio based on seedbox priority; so if you do get into a private tracker and need to seed you will have difficulty unless you have a seedbox. Lastly avoid Comcast as an ISP if possible as they throttle bandwidth. You can avoid this problem by enabling encryption of packets on the preference menu in utorrent. Finally you will need to port forward your client and this will require a static IP address. Sounds difficult but you can just google port forwarding. I don't have time to explain the whole procedure but this will enable you to DL much greater speeds as your port will be fully open not 1/2 closed. If you see a green light at the bottom of Utorrent it means your port is full open.

3. ihatethedolphins3

ihatethedolphins3 New Member

ah the exclusive 40 year old virgin club, i mean private trackers haha....was it weird when you went to vermont to marry your hard drive?...did terabyte get jealous when you used the word bandwidth more in 1 night?...when you hear "noobs" talking about torrentz and bit comet do you feel like a tenured professor of not getting laid?...sorry i cudnt resist i kid, i'm sure your sex life is great, and if not u have 1.6 terabytes to fall back on..

ps. Seedbox? cmon that's just too easy

4. LogeSection2RowJ

LogeSection2RowJ Well-Known Member

Wish I understood half of that! Wow - thanks for the info. Also, great avatar. Wesley was a great Jet - next class of ring of fame?

5. ReservoirDog76

ReservoirDog76 New Member

Link expired. Is this honestly not even on megavideo yet...?!

6. NYGalPal

NYGalPal Well-Known Member

7. Jtuds

Jtuds Active Member

Link expired? what? we can't DL it now?

8. NYGalPal

NYGalPal Well-Known Member

No it hasn't. Still works on the uploadmachine link. You probably just waited to long to download it once the download link appears after the please wait countdown. Just reload the page, or use the second link I posted.

9. NYJalltheway

NYJalltheway Well-Known Member

I'm so excited! THAAAANK YOU SO MUCH!!!

This DL is taking FOREVER and then I saw the watch now link..hellll yeeaaaahh

10. ReservoirDog76

ReservoirDog76 New Member

11. Jtuds

Jtuds Active Member

[​IMG]

12. york61

york61 Well-Known Member

Pretty funny stuff. The truth is in about 5 years most everything will be on the internet in some pay per click business model and we are moving to a tiered (spelling?) internet as evidence by the google verizon pact. I just posted some info on torrents because it seems some of the folks on this site think the SS police will break into their house which is not the case. As for most of the shit I download it has been over a period of about 2 years which is not so bad when you think of it.

13. KyleJo

KyleJo Banned

gracias for this.

14. Ten

Ten Active Member

15. championjets69

championjets69 2008/2009 TGG Darksider Award Winner

#195 championjets69, Aug 12, 2010
    Last edited: Aug 12, 2010
  16. ........

........ Trolls

I highlighted the only part I have any clue about, and I disagree with it completely.

17. Denny

Denny Active Member

I'm shaking. Thanks GalPal!!!

18. MarkinNY

MarkinNY New Member

Thank you so much

19. brothermoose

brothermoose Well-Known Member

That has everything to do with Optimum being a bunch of snitching dickheads, and nothing to do with bit torrents.

20. vinnyfan

vinnyfan New Member

THANK YOU SO MUCH!!! you rock nygalpal!