The Darrelle Revis No Longer Holding Out Thread

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by bojanglesman, Jul 30, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dthomas53

dthomas53 New Member

As it should be.

2. ........

........ Trolls

Also funny was my brother in law's take after watching the show:

"He deserves to get paid, but no corner deserves more than $10 million a year. No corner."

Given that was his position for 12 NFL seasons, I thought it was pretty funny and telling.

3. ace_o_spades

ace_o_spades New Member

At least CJ was receptive to a one year 'try again next year' contract

4. TommyGreen

TommyGreen Trolls

Jason Sehorn is your brother in law?!

5. FOURTHANDLONG

FOURTHANDLONG Active Member

They can pay him now or pay him later but they will pay. Trust and believe the teams we play in our first seven games will make sure that corner gets torched if he is not there.

6. Jets n Boys

Jets n Boys Banned

It sure is a business, but when owners are given a limited budget to invest (salary cap), you can't just start throwing money here and there. I said it before and I'll say it again. $40 millions over 10 years is pocket change for Woody. $160 millions over 10 years isn't much of a trouble for Woody either. In this case, its not about the $16mil a year. Its about the entire team. If Jets agree to that deal, they will ruin the entire team and its chemistry in the long run, unless we never see a cap again and Woody starts earning and spending like the Yankees.

7. Barry the Baptist

Barry the Baptist Hello son, would you like a lolly?

He said brother in law not sister in law

8. SanchezisGod

SanchezisGod Banned

They have to do whatever they can to get Alcatraz on the field

9. Benny Bing

Benny Bing New Member

No, they will not.

Revis can sit for three years and ruin his career. We don't get bullied by anyone, be it player or team.

10. TommyGreen

TommyGreen Trolls

Hahahahahaha. I hated that prick. I was so happy when he got roasted again and again in the 2000 Super Bowl.

11. AbdulSalam

AbdulSalam New Member

I wouldn't pay him 16Mil ever. I am very much in the camp of people who wouldn't pay him 16Mil and wouldn't trade him either. If that means that we get burned on a few pass plays that only Revis would have stopped, I can live with that, knowing that my team didn't give in to extortion and risk destroying the entire future of the team for the sake of one superstar who is a multiple time holdout and who has refused to negotiate in good faith.

We had him on our team last season and we went 9-7. If we go 10-6 w/o him and make the playoffs while he holds out - I would be psyched.

12. MBGreen

MBGreen Banned

That's all well and good right now....but let's say the Jets end up starting 0-4 (god help us if we do) this season.....that's not an ideal situation for an owner trying to sell PSLs in his new stadium. Revis will have Woody by the nutz.

The polar opposite could happen too (which has been discussed at length in this thread already)...the secondary might not miss a step with Revis' absence and continue to win without him.

My point is....all the tough talk about not being bullied around means nothing...until we see how the outcomes of some regular season games materialize.

13. Benny Bing

Benny Bing New Member

I used to think this way too. Rex changed my mind. Damn the consequences. Either Revis agrees to a reasonable deal of 12-13 per year, or he can go to hell regardless of wins/losses.

14. WhiteShoeWillis

WhiteShoeWillis Well-Known Member

Rex is a defensive guru and has a lot of talent in the secondary. The defense will probably still be very good without Revis.

15. JetsAllOverYoFace

JetsAllOverYoFace New Member

At least your not a retarded dolphin fan

#3155 JetsAllOverYoFace, Aug 12, 2010
    Last edited: Aug 12, 2010
  16. MBGreen

MBGreen Banned

just saying....it's easy to take a hard stance before any games have been played.

I have 100% faith in Rex's coaching abilities and defensive schemes....but as a Jet fan....i know weirder things have happened to this team in the past.
    My hope is that the Jets don't miss a beat...and Revis' agents end up with egg on their face.

17. nyJETS0511

nyJETS0511 Banned

Mr T isnt F'n around!! loved it last night when he basically stated hes gonna let Revis hang himself...and theyll get a corner next year!

18. xxedge72x

xxedge72x 2018 Gang Green QB Guru Award Winner

So something that isn't being discussed in detail yet... what cornerbacks are likely trade targets in case Mike T actually decides to follow through on his comment on Hard Knocks?

Cornerbacks that are in the final year of their contracts perhaps?

19. AbdulSalam

AbdulSalam New Member

If the team starts 0-4 or 4-0 the addition or subtraction of Revis is not going to necessarily make a outcome determinative difference in the final score. Thats the point, CBs are great and shutdown CBs are really great. But they are not worth spending 15% of your payroll on one Shutdown CB b/c they don't have that great of an impact on a football game. They are not QBs, LTs, Cs, NTs, LBs.

If somebody else not in our conference is dumb enough to pay a CB 16M and if that somebody else makes us an offer that cannot be refused - I would consider moving him. Otherwise I would rather have him playing for the Jets or not playing at all.

20. TommyGreen

TommyGreen Trolls

If we start out 0-4 then I'm sure the secondary would have been the least of our problems.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.