The Official Hard Knocks Thread

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Hennessy2710, Aug 7, 2010.

1. concussion80

concussion80 New Member

How cool was it that Namath comes to camp, watches practice and ends up in an offensive session giving QB advice? I love that Rex and co value this guys aura and feedback.

You can tell Sanchez is on cloud 9 when Namath's around.

Awesome show!

2. MBGreen

MBGreen Banned

I watched it LIVE over the internet.....HBO Canada bent us over last night.

3. dthomas53

dthomas53 New Member

4. TorontoJETSfan

TorontoJETSfan New Member

5. fozzi58

fozzi58 Well-Known Member

Hard Knocks Swear Pie Chart

Fucking Hilarious

[​IMG]

Article

6. JETSJETSJETS17

JETSJETSJETS17 Well-Known Member

Rex Ryan's stomach is merely a fuel tank for the sex machine...

7. Last night was absolutely amazing. I can't wait to watch it again tonight on DVR!!

8. AJayJay

AJayJay New Member

Gonna watch it again last night. I think we can all agree besides actually watching the Jets win that this is the next best thing someone can watch on tv.

Aside from the obvious stuff that has been mentioned about the show. I really have an appreciation for Rex and Tanny after watching. It really isn't all fun and games for them this is a job and they want the best damn thing for this team.

The way Rex came in and so quickly changed the identity and persona of this team is pretty mind-blowing. Something like that takes years to do and isn't easy. He is a great coach and I'm glad he is on our side.

Tanny seems prettty stressed out and he should be. There is no way in hell that the Revis camp can look good after this season. They all look like d-bags and like you guys are saying I'm pretty sure they will never deal with another player who has Shwartz as their agent. Just not worth the headache. I loved when Tanny got off the phone and was saying "That's the first conversation I have ever had with the guy that wasn't negative." I do think that Hardknocks gives us an advantage in getting Revis back to play. I know if I was DR and I saw that episode I would be doing anything I could to clear my image and just get back on the field cause this team is special.

All the other players looked great, felt bad for Basped. Fuck the other guy at the bar saying he plays for the Jets and then gets cut. That was classic. I wanna see Woodhead, Wilson and Gholston soon. Joe Namath as much as I love him dressed like a complete tool bag yesterday lol

Can't wait for next Weds.

9. MadBacker Prime

MadBacker Prime THE Dead Rabbit

10. AJayJay

AJayJay New Member

Haha that was great too, I actually thought we were gonna get to see Rex field one next. Oh and the fans at Cortland screaming "Sexy Rexy" and then Rex saying "That's how you know you look good when you got other guys telling you"

I saw 212 degrees on the shirt yesterday too. I remember it being talked about with fire and combustion or boiling. Something like that. What exactly was it again, anyone remember?

11. dthomas53

dthomas53 New Member

Get your thigh under it, Tanny! Get your feet set! Look the ball in!

12. MadBacker Prime

The best part is him falling on his ass. Then the next scene being asked how is shoulder is and Tanny saying no my pride just hurts.

LMAO

13. CurbYourEnthusiasm

CurbYourEnthusiasm Well-Known Member

One thing I loved in the episode was Rex printing out all the bad shit that was said about the Jets for this upcoming season, and handed a copy to LT for motivation. Love shit like that.

14. eyedea

eyedea Active Member

This sucks, I don't got HBO. Anyone know where to watch it online? or can I DL it on Itunes or the playstation network?

15. MikeHoncho

MikeHoncho Trolls

You know Revis was sitting at home loving seeing Tannenbaum fall on his ass fielding that punt. But really, I can't imagine he watched that episode and didn't want to get back to the team as soon as possible. It's telling that his agents didn't want the cameras at the meeting at that diner. Don't want anybody to see what a total prick he's being.

And I definitely felt bad for Basped. He looked crushed. I hope he can get his knee issues taken care of and come back strong.

16. MadBacker Prime

I don't know If I can take watching the players get cut. The look on their faces is just pure defeat. When he brought up the UFL idea for Kia or whatever his name was, he looked like he wanted to punch him. lol

17. Mr Electric

Mr Electric Banned

Basped must have some serious knee issues because there's no reason why he shouldn't have been drafted.

You could tell Rex Ryan really saw some promise in him.

...can't say the same for Aaron Kia.

18. thedoc53

thedoc53 New Member

anyone notice when tanny was on the phone with the agent he was literally pulling his hair out. he would just grab some and go straight up with it. some one pass the guy a joint and chill him out.

that gives me an idea. Get Revis, his agents, and management together and just bake out an equipment shed. I've never met an angry pot smoker and maybe things will be resolved! you know #10 could accidentally find some if you give him an hour.

19. LeonNYJ

LeonNYJ Well-Known Member

Too bad, by law, any contract made in an "altered" or non-normal state of mind is void if taken to court.

20. Snatch Catch

Snatch Catch Well-Known Member

What was subtly great, and completely personified the entire Rex Ryan experience for me was when they were throwing balls into the targets, the guy before Rex lollipops his into the net putting all the "pressure" on Rex to hit his (kind of like HORSE).

Rex just steps up and throws a seed right into the target. Full throttle throw, stepped into it and fired a laser - no apprehension at all.