The Darrelle Revis No Longer Holding Out Thread

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by bojanglesman, Jul 30, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jetsmets93

jetsmets93 Member

if only it was that easy

2. southparkfanciz

southparkfanciz Active Member

When the hell is this meeting??

3. ManlyGenius

ManlyGenius New Member

1.) I don't believe for a second anything any GM says about how they normally negotiate contracts.

2.) Even if this is exactly how he does every other negotiation that doesn't help him here. Revis is completely entitled to say (through his agents) fuck you, I won't accept your parameters. You can also predict that Tannenbaum is going to treat this very differently from other contracts; normally you might agree on years and total comp because everybody has a rough idea that about half is going to be in a signing bonus or guaranteed money but here, where you have an ultra-long contract and three years left on the deal, you know Tannenbaum is likely to be a SOB on the percentage that is guaranteed.

4. Steve032

Steve032 New Member

There is no scheduled meeting. Rex said in his presser that he would call off practice and have the whole team meet in a room with Revis, Woody, Tanny, and Revis' agents to work out the contract.

I doubt this meeting will even take place, at least with the whole team present.

5. WhiteShoeWillis

WhiteShoeWillis Well-Known Member

Well as much as you don't care about Tanny's experience in negotiating NFL contracts, I guess I don't care about your analogies trying to explain how you think one should work.

Have a nice day.

6. AbdulSalam

AbdulSalam New Member

Nobody is forcing the contractor to build the house. Nobody is forcing Revis to play for the Jets. He can refuse to cooperate, refuse to be reasonable and refuse to negotiate in good faith all he wants to. That actually makes things very simple and easy for the Jets. Its easy to say no to a blatently unreasonable demand that would negatively impact the organization as a whole.

If he wants to be a Jet, Darrelle needs to move his demand to where it makes it increasingly difficult for the Jets to say no. Right now his representative is coming off looking like an festering ass boil, calling Mr. Johnson a liar and then retracting and grovelling. That is not helping Revis get paid and it doesn't help negotiations.

If Revis only wants to get traded to anybody who will pay him 16 Mil a year - then he should just request a trade and not entertain talking about wanting to come into camp and meet with his teamates.

7. soxxx

soxxx Trolls

To be honest I don't even think Revis is getting any input on his side. I think his agents are basically telling him that they will deal with it, and obviously tell him to hold out so the agents themselves get more money.

8. IrishSteveZ

IrishSteveZ New Member

What are you trying to say?

ESPN is garbage. Its not even close to the same network is was two years ago, let alone 10 years ago. ESPN sucks, I dont understand what you were trying to get across.

9. AbdulSalam

AbdulSalam New Member

Revis can say fuck you. and that makes it wasy for the Jets to decide that Revis would prefer to sit out rather than play for the Jets, be a multi millionaire and win titles. Thats up to Revis. He can say fuck you as long as he is prepared for the consequences of saying fuck you to the Jets.

If Revis wants to take that tact, thats too bad, but it frees the Jets move on to other priorities and prepare for the season accordingly.

10. jets2884

jets2884 Active Member

Thats what it is starting to seem like.....

11. 17a_tailgater

17a_tailgater Active Member

only if they had the Nextels like in the commercials
    [YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VO6DORwBzuA[/YOUTUBE]

12. ManlyGenius

ManlyGenius New Member

You too!

Look, I'm not saying Tannenbaum's approach is actually wrong here, I'm saying I can understand why Revis would reject it.

Frankly if I were the Jets I would have said fuck off, I'm not renegotiating a contract with three years left on it, and written him off for the year

13. MaddJettFann

MaddJettFann Banned

Cornerback is more interesting tho cuz you can't exactly just draft a shutdown CB.[/QUOTE]

* Revis is an excellent corner but he is not out their playing defense by himself, 10 other guys are helping and Rexs QB pressure type defense helps Revis out alot. As someone pointed out they did lose 7 games with "Super" Revis playing. The Jets started playing very good football when they started playing power, run control football after Rex told Schotty what he wanted, going to the run game is what got the Jets in the playoffs and had them winning in the playoffs.

14. MBGreen

MBGreen Banned

The Chargers are being rung through the same ringer.......Vincent Jackson is a Schwartz/Feinsod client as well.

15. AbdulSalam

AbdulSalam New Member

And if that is the case, then Darelle is doing himself a disservice and is unlikely to get paid anytime soon. Once he realizes he isn't making progress and isn't getting paid - he will presumably take a more active role in things and that is when a deal will be struck. I think that is what was behind the Ryan presser today - Frustration with Darelle seemingly hiding behind his agents who are publicly bad mouthing Mr. Johnson and then sucking up. I think Ryan was trying to speak directly to Revis through the media - lets cut through the BS.

16. Don

Don 2008 TGG Rich Kotite "Least Knowledgeable" Award W

Sounds like Johnson did that two days ago.

17. Don

Don 2008 TGG Rich Kotite "Least Knowledgeable" Award W

The difference is Jackson has played out his contract...huge difference.

18. Br4d

Br4d 2018 Weeb Ewbank Award

And he's a wide receiver, which means like Revis he's really a second tier contributor to the overall effort. He's nowhere near as good as Revis either. Looks like those agents have decided to try to change the priority list of positions for the NFL. Good luck with that.

19. ManlyGenius

ManlyGenius New Member

Certainly the message he's trying to send. Impossible to judge whether he actually means it.

20. MBGreen

MBGreen Banned

not really....he's a restricted FA that won't sign his tender....and the Chargers refuse to trade him.....another standoff.

A holdout is a holdout, Don.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.