The Darrelle Revis No Longer Holding Out Thread

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by bojanglesman, Jul 30, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. AbdulSalam

AbdulSalam New Member

Yes, they supposedly didn't have a camera inside the diner for the meeting. That hardly means they are not covering this story intensely. In fact, the simple fact that HBO a) knew all about the diner meeting before it happened and b) requested access to cover the meeting inside the diner - clearly demonstrates that HBO is ALL OVER THIS. It indicates they have access to both camps.

This could be the best hard knocks ever.

2. jetsmets93

jetsmets93 Member

http://www.thejetsblog.com/2010/08/11/ryan-lays-down-the-gauntlet/

rex is pissed

#2702 jetsmets93, Aug 11, 2010
    Last edited: Aug 11, 2010
  3. MaddJettFann

MaddJettFann Banned

*Call Snachez unproven if you want, Sanchez was the starting QB on a team that went to the AFC championship and almost won, If Green didnt get hurt, the Jets were winning that game. I dont believe its in Sanchez nature to do that, he seems like a real team player, I was making a point. What if Green all of a sudden wants more money, he is their starting running back, their main offensive weapon in the playoffs last year and many people believe the reason why they won in the playoffs. Hes more important to the team then Revis, what if he now believes hes worth more ? that is why the Jets have to deal with Revis strongly, give him more money, but not that crazy money like he wants. If not let him sit, no one is more imortant than the team.

4. LeonNYJ

LeonNYJ Well-Known Member

The mere fact that Revis' agents declined HBO from going, shows that they're FOS.

5. AbdulSalam

AbdulSalam New Member

HBO has been down this road before. They would likely get access to Revis at his home or working out on his own etc. Other players have allowed HBO acces during a hold out. So its not as if the fact revis isn't in camp would mean he will not be a focal point of the show.

6. Br4d

Br4d 2018 Weeb Ewbank Award

I tend to agree with this. It was so much in Revis interests for the first Hard Knocks to be all about him that having his reps turn down the chance to turn up the volume says a lot about the positions both sides find themselves dug in on.

7. jetsmets93

jetsmets93 Member

8. Jets n Boys

Jets n Boys Banned

This is a much bigger mess than most people think. Its not about $40 mils. Thats pocket change for him. Problem is, if we give Revis $160mil contract, Mangold and Harris will up their demands. Once Sanchez is done, he'll ask for a bigger contract than Mevi$. Santonio Holmes, Edwards, and Antonio would be gone for sure since they too would up their demands at the end of the year. It's like a domino effect. We can risk losing as many as 6 starters if we offer such a contract...for one player. Team chemistry would be destroyed when good players look at their paychecks and ask why they are being paid five to eight times less than Mevi$.

The good part of it? There is one, and its probably not worth the risk losing some of your starters. 10 years from now, Revis' salary would be below the highest paid corner in the league. He would be 35 and probably not the best, but even at age 30 (in 2015) and making $16 mil, he probably won't be the highest paid corner in the league.

What I don't understand is, why are the Jets offering him 10 years contract rather than an 8 year. In his year 9, he would be 34. 35 in year 10. Why pay the extra $32 mil when he becomes a 'has been' player? I think Jets should just offer 8, or even 7 years contract making him 32 in contract year. 7 years, $100 mil and get over with it.

9. AbdulSalam

AbdulSalam New Member

I agree as well. It shows that they are not bargaining from a position of strength and that they know it. However they can take over hard knocks whenever they want to by allowing unfettered access to Darelle. That would be some great TV.

10. ........

........ Trolls

The Darrelle Revis Holdout Thread ($40 million apart)

Or so we were told. The wishful thinker in me is still hoping they swallowed the extra day between contract signing and first episode in a stunt to bump ratings for the show. All of this posturing the day of the first episode is a bit fishy. It wouldn't surprise me nearly as much as it should if tonight's episode ended with shots of Revis getting ready last night to head up to sign and get in camp.

11. AbdulSalam

AbdulSalam New Member

I agree JNB. Revis can want that deal, but the Jets shouldn't cave in and agree to a deal that would ruin the team and incentivize other players to pull the same bullshit that Revis is pulling. I wouldn't pay him 16 Mil a yr either. I would rather let him sit out.

12. emania55

emania55 Member

wow i wish that happens but probbly not

13. MadBacker Prime

MadBacker Prime THE Dead Rabbit

I was hoping for that too after this Rex team meeting with request. That'd be a hell of a episode, Revis signing his deal or something like that. Even though it would've had to happen earlier in the week.

It's nice to dream.

14. WhiteShoeWillis

WhiteShoeWillis Well-Known Member

I highly doubt they'd be able to keep that a secret. Wishful thinking is right.

15. AbdulSalam

AbdulSalam New Member

Would be funny if HBO paid him a bonus to do something like that. LOL.

16. emania55

emania55 Member

lol espn's analysts would shit themselves

17. Italian Seafood

Italian Seafood New Member

I think the posturing was because of the August 10 deadline for Revis to report without losing a year of eligibility towards his future free agency.

18. soxxx

soxxx Trolls

So everyone's gunna go to Roscoe diner tonight?
    mob scene?

I'm down who else is goin xD

19. Cellar-door

Cellar-door Active Member

No he isn't Running backs are a dime a dozen, there is a reason most teams go with RBBCs and switch out guys every few years, RBs are a bad investment at high salary, shutdown corners are one of the rarest commodities in the league. that is why the franchise tag for Cbs is almost 50% higher than that for RBs, a top corner is far more valuable than any RB.

20. JetRizing89

JetRizing89 Well-Known Member

revis is being unreasonable

160 million is absurd

sure itd top nhamidi but revis should understand that al davis is senile

even if the jets caved and gave him 160 million there'd be very little money left to resign all the other players that need new contracts to keep the team competitive

would u all sign revis if it meant losing mangold, cromartie, braylon, santonio, and davis harris?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.