The Darrelle Revis No Longer Holding Out Thread

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by bojanglesman, Jul 30, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bojanglesman

bojanglesman Active Member

Cimini:

# Revis agent, Neil Schwartz, on Rex Ryan's invite: "If the Jets want to set up a meeting, they know how to reach me." Cont.

# Schwartz wouldn't say if he'd accept a meeting if they called. Back and forth, we go. #Jets less than 10 seconds ago via txt

Cimini..........clear as mud.

2. Murrell2878

Murrell2878 Lets go JETS!

What is the website for Jon Feinsod and Neil Schwartz?

3. Steve032

Steve032 New Member

Do you know of any other instances involving Schwartz and this "they promised me a new contract during the season (Revis, Baker, Kendall)" with any players from other teams?

4. bojanglesman

bojanglesman Active Member

As a side note, I'm sure HBO is loving this shit.

5. Steve032

Steve032 New Member

That 2nd tweet really irks me. Schwartz seems shady as hell

6. AbdulSalam

AbdulSalam New Member

I agree. They should require Revis & Johnson to be there before any further face to face negotiations occur. This has been dragging on for 8 months. Its either going to get done shortly, or its not going to be done for months.

As previously stated, If Darrelle refuses to sit down and meet with the Jets - that will show he isn't serious about getting this done - that will enable the Jets to tell him to give them a call when he wants to get real and get paid. No hard feelings - but there is no reason for the Jets to agree to have their chain yanked any longer.

This should get done. Otherwise, I would let Darelle know that he is admired, wanted and respected, but that it seems unproductive for the team to further negotiate w/Darelle's representatives. I would keep the door open for Darelle to come sit down.

7. Br4d

Br4d 2018 Weeb Ewbank Award

Probably not, they're getting shut out of all the really juicy stuff and the odds are pretty good that the Jets have asked players not to unduly comment on the situation for HBO. We'll find out when Hard Knocks airs the first episode though. If it's all about Revis it's not good for the Jets. If he just gets squeezed in somewhere it's not good for him.

8. WhiteShoeWillis

WhiteShoeWillis Well-Known Member

9. Steve032

Steve032 New Member

I really hope Revis isn't the center of Hard Knocks. I can get all the Revis news here much earlier. Everything they show will be at least a few days late. I'd much rather them focus on practices, the rookies, and players fighting for roster spots.

10. Br4d

11. dthomas53

dthomas53 New Member

You Cimini is awful at his job when the NY Daily News and the Star Ledger publish a story on Rex's presser before ESPN New York...

12. AbdulSalam

AbdulSalam New Member

Ya think? :smile: The hard knocks dynamic of this cannot be simply dismissed as meaningless. This is going to obviously a major theme of the show. Should be fun to watch.

13. 17a_tailgater

17a_tailgater Active Member

i heard Revis' camp has brought in another former athlete to help with negotiations.......
    Gary Sheffield

14. WhiteShoeWillis

WhiteShoeWillis Well-Known Member

TheJetsStream‎: By the way, Rex Ryan said after his press conference that he's "absolutely serious" about his proposal to end Revis mess. #nfl #nyj #jets
    Twitter - seconds ago

15. AbdulSalam

AbdulSalam New Member

How do you know what HBO is getting shut out of? Has HBO announced that they have no access to Revis or Schwartz? Has HBO announced that the Jets have refused them access? Have the Jets announced that they were restricting HBO's access on this storyline?

If you are the HBO producer in charge of this, do you think you would try to cover this story in depth and from every angle possible - or do think you would just focus on the LG battle?

16. Br4d

We just have the report that they asked to attend the diner meeting and Schwartz and Feinsod said no. We should be glad they did this BTW, because HBO could easily have spun that into a 15 minute segment.

17. The Uniform Bomber

The Uniform Bomber Spivey's Agent

HBO requested to film one of the meetings between Tanny and Revis' agents. HBO was denied.

18. BK_Jetsfan

BK_Jetsfan New Member

I doubt they're getting shut out. When the Chiefs were on Hard Knocks, they had very candid interviews about the LJ holdout (hell, they went to his house to film) and same thing last year with the Bengals and that fat waste of space lineman who still isn't playing well (blanking on his name), so I doubt they're being shut out of anything.

19. Italian Seafood

Italian Seafood New Member

I can't imagine HBO will spend a lot of time on Revis, he's not even there.

20. JETSFANDC

JETSFANDC New Member

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.