The Darrelle Revis No Longer Holding Out Thread

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by bojanglesman, Jul 30, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. CatoTheElder

CatoTheElder 2009 Comeback Poster of the Year

Ah Gotcha.

2. Cakes

Cakes Mr. Knowledge 2010

I can't envision them being any better than 7-9. My AFC West order of finish prediction for what that's worth (nothing really)- 1- Chargers, 2- Chiefs, 3-Raiders, 4-Broncos.

3. Miamipuck

Miamipuck New Member

Yeah I was doing my Captain Obvious impression.

4. CatoTheElder

You thought we signed Mangold earlier in this thread. Stop typing.

5. AbdulSalam

AbdulSalam New Member

No I don't think thats quite right Cato. Its not done because he hasn't fulfilled the requirement that he play the 4th yr.

Cite a source for this or stop mentioning it. He has a 6 year deal which he is currently breaching. The contract only voids if he completes a 4th season. He is refusing to report for his fourth season, so his contract will not void as things presently stand. Also the Jets don't have to offer to buy years 5 and 6 - The Jets simply can exercise their option to buy those years and they own the rights to Revis for 5 Mil in Yr. 5.

6. Miamipuck

Miamipuck New Member

I thought I saw that McFadden was hurt today.

7. Joe Willie White Shoes

Joe Willie White Shoes Well-Known Member

I wish I could negotiate my salary with you. You are one tough guy!!! I guess your negotiating strategy would be to say to the player "write what you think is fair on this slip of paper and the Jets will pay you that amount."

The only thing you are forgetting is "pay the man" becomes "pay the men." Once Revis gets "what he wants" then how do you avoid paying Mangold what he wants and Harris what he wants and then Edwards and Holmes and Cromartie and Sanchez and soon it becomes "we can't pay that man" and "we can't pay this man" because we are in salary cap hell (when the CBA is signed, whether that is in 2011 or 2012). This uncapped year is a one year anomaly. It also hamstrings a team that wants to renegotiate a contract with a player such as Revis. Once the cap comes back, and it will, whatever guaranteed money and other money Revis gets will count and then what do the Jets do? $10-11 million a year is a fair contract for Revis and there is nothing that indicates the Jets would not do that in a heart beat. The problem is that Revis wants $16 or $17 million a year and that is ridiculous. So stop with your "pay the man" nonsense and use your brain to think a little bit past tonight.

Hasn't it occurred to you that Tannenbaum has been able to sign every player the Jets wanted to sign except Schwartz clients????

8. CatoTheElder

I think you're putting too much faith in the Chiefs there. Eric Berry doesn't play QB.

9. AbdulSalam

AbdulSalam New Member

Hey Cato, please show me where I stated that we had signed Mangold earlier in this thread. Unless and until you can do so feel free to stop making up meaningless BS about me and pretending that your opinion as to who should or should not stop typing is interesting to anybody but yourself.

10. Joe Willie White Shoes

So how exactly does this Raider fantasy for this season justify paying Asomugha 50% more than any other CB in football???????

11. BadgerOnLSD

BadgerOnLSD Banned

It's two minutes to midnight. Do you know where your #1 CB is?

12. Cakes

Cakes Mr. Knowledge 2010

Did I mention Eric Berry?

13. Joe Willie White Shoes

At home saying "I want $16 million ayear - $16 million - $16 million"

14. GordonGecko

GordonGecko Well-Known Member

He's not getting that money any time soon within the next 2 years, and then who knows what quality CB he'll be. He may never get that money and should wake up and sit down with the team

15. CatoTheElder

It's called market value. Neither Mangold nor Harris are going to be able command that type of a salary because the market for their positions aren't reaching those levels. Contracts for CBs thought to be shutdown players have growing for years, even if you throw out Davis' moment of stupidity.

As for Holmes and Edwards, if they play like top #1 WRs then they would deserve to be paid like top #1 WRs. If Cromartie plays like a shutdown CB, then he deserves to be paid as such.

And why the fuck are you mentioning Sanchez? He just signed two years ago. Or are you going to try and ignore the fact that those last two seasons voided in his rookie year?

16. Cakes

Cakes Mr. Knowledge 2010

tidbits r fun

Interesting tidbit of the night-

Abdul Salaam's surname contains three letter As.

17. MadBacker Prime

MadBacker Prime THE Dead Rabbit

The Darrelle Revis Holdout Thread

And a oompa loompa! Lol

18. CatoTheElder

I went with the best player on their team which is sadly a rookie safety who has yet to play a down in the NFL.

19. Mr Electric

Mr Electric Banned

You really think the Chiefs are going to be better than the Raiders?

Can I ask why? Their offensive line is awful and so is Matt Cassell. Outside of Jamaal Charles, that offense is a mess. Dwayne Bowe has talent, but it doesn't matter if the team has horrible QB play. Dex McCluster is a developmental guy that probably won't do much this season.

20. BadgerOnLSD

BadgerOnLSD Banned

Can't we just spray Geiger orange?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.