The Darrelle Revis No Longer Holding Out Thread

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by bojanglesman, Jul 30, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. NDmick

NDmick Revis Christ

then Jim Sorgi has his work cut out for him.

2. NDmick

NDmick Revis Christ

its about pressure's and making the QB make the mistake of throwing into a DBs hands.

3. Barry the Baptist

Barry the Baptist Hello son, would you like a lolly?

Oh man the jets aren't going to be able to fuck with Eli?

4. AlioTheFool

AlioTheFool Spiveymaniac

According to a couple of people I follow on Twitter Rex sounds quite unopptomistic that they'll have Revis this year and are prepping for that eventuality.

Revis makes our defense Super Bowl elite. Without him we're Super Bowl at best. I want him here, but I have a sinking feeling that he's played his last game in green and white.

5. Coach K

Coach K New Member

worst case scenario someone needs to "bring on the ditka" in a trade.

if it gets really ugly im intrigued to see the real numbers being thrown around offer/rejection wise once the dust settles.

if Revis sits out thatd be a damn shame for such a good player and leader to do a 180 personality wise once he got his shine.

6. thedoc53

thedoc53 New Member

Francessa is being logical about the JETS for once!! He's right about the pass rusher thing mentioned before.

The biggest thing though which i usually argue is that this year is not a cap year. So all these PSL fees, the increase in tickets prices, the increase in parking and concession is all going where? Apparently not to the best player on the team. It sits in the owners effing pocket.

People are angry that a guy wants more money to play a game ( I usually one of them) but not that some ass who was born into more money than most of us will ever see seems to want more money which is probably triple what Revis is asking for. The guy could pay out of pocket for Revis salary and maybe get some indigestion from it for 3 nights.

With no cap there is no excuse why this money doesnt show up since nothing stops the owner from just throwing it at him. starting to dislike Woody quite a bit.

7. SameOldJets2008

SameOldJets2008 New Member

People who say we dont need revis are delusional..we need to pay him top cb money even if it means we cant resign harris or mangold..he is more important than everyone on the jets except for MAYBE sanchez and yes thats a maybe because most of the year we won in spite of him not because of him.. WE WON BECAUSE OF REVIS.. without him shutting down number one wideouts.. we have to double and shade reciever with safetys..and then there goes the pressure

With Revis we are superbowl contenders..without him we are 9-7..bottom line Rex said superbowl or bust and we should treat this situation accordingly

8. JfaulkNYJ

JfaulkNYJ New Member

well yes you are right, but our lb's and de's didnt get that many sacks, and the team as a whole didnt either.

but the coverage we had was absolutely amazing.

9. GordonGecko

GordonGecko Well-Known Member

You must be related to uncle fucker

10. JfaulkNYJ

JfaulkNYJ New Member

i still cant believe how fair francessa is being today though. Every point he is making is correct.

11. Hobbes3259

Hobbes3259 Well-Known Member

I hope they refuse to let him go elsewhere. Period.

Eat the pick, as if he was injured. At some point (and that point may be past) management is going to want to do damage to the agent. And the Jets own Mevi$ for One Year/One Mil. If the Jets refuse to negotiate, and sign the rest of their squad it only makes Team Mevi$ look bad.

And after that one year .....the Tag looms.

12. SameOldJets2008

you can keep saying we dont need him MEVIS blah blah blah but without revis theres no superbowl in NY...PAY THE MAN

13. Barry the Baptist

You know I don't think we will trade him...

He's only due a million this year and he gave up his guaranteed money for the next two. If he's not in camp tonight he doesn't gain the year towards FA. The Jets hold all the cards and the only one Revis holds is don't give me what I want and I'll sit out which is going to kill his career. He's not getting paid to sit out and by giving up that guaranteed money he's not going to get paid unless he shows up. If he sits and there is a lockout his career is all but over at that point because 2 years of not playing would do it.

14. The Waterboy

The Waterboy Well-Known Member

Nothing stops it except the CBA. They can not just give him $100 million this year and $1 a year for the next 10 and why would they want to after 2 hold outs in 3 years?

15. kinggofg

kinggofg Active Member

The NFL is so competitive. Thinking that 1 player is the difference between beeing a lock for winning or losing the superbowl is crazy. The jets WILL lose one or more of our star players before the end of the year. This happens to every team. Just think of this contract BS as a season ending injury (you can even think of it as a BRAIN injury). LUCKILY we have depth at CB.

Depth is part of what makes a team "elite". The ability to continue to dominate even when a star goes down. Look at the Pats, they lost Tom F-ing Brady in Sept 08 and they still went 11-5.

Stop thinking like a puss. Our team is still elite. There is no reason not to be hopeful!

16. Mehl-56

Mehl-56 Well-Known Member

For the record, if he has indeed played his last game in green and white, I'd make damn sure he doesn't play his first game for any other team until 2013, when this contract is up... See if he can get a sniff of the money he's turning down right now then

17. AJayJay

AJayJay New Member

With Revis we were 9-7 and just made the playoffs. Granted he made things a lot easier for us but with him on the team alone doesn't make us an automatic SB contender. It's the unit as a whole, the offense, the defense and the special teams. This year Sanchez isn't a rookie, we added HUGE pieces on offense, filled holes on defense. He isn't the main reason why we win or lose games, granted he does allow us to do what we do well as a team. That's what he and fans like yourself need to realize. We aren't gonna sacrifice the team (see Mangold, Brick, Harris) just for one star player regardless if he is the best at his position or not.

18. Barry the Baptist

There are plenty of rules to limit the Jets from throwing a 30 million for this season. The Jets would be foolish to think that there won't be a salary cap when the new CBA gets done. The Jets are doing everything right, It's Revis who is going about things the wrong way. Mangold and Harris are not getting new deals until next year yet both are in camp and not bitching about it. Revis agreed to this deal and he knew he'd get a boat load up front. This is all on him.

19. TommyGreen

TommyGreen Trolls

Here's a blurb about Sean Gilbert from the New York Times from November 7th, 1997 after Gilbert held out the entire Training Camp and two months into the season:

20. SameOldJets2008

without tom brady they went 11-5 your saying with him they wouldnt have done any better?

your making everyones point without Brady they didnt make the playoffs with him you probably would have saw them in the superbowl

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.