The Darrelle Revis No Longer Holding Out Thread

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by bojanglesman, Jul 30, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Vilmalover51

Vilmalover51 Active Member

fatcessa is killing me, hate this guy, " Were not going anywhere near the promise land. "

2. AJayJay

AJayJay New Member

Guess not. We hit 2,000 in 11 days. Getting 10,000 before the season starts isn't unrealistic, unless Mevis signs before then.

3. soxxx

soxxx Trolls

Francessa is provin some points, yes woody wants all of our money but he cant give any to revis.

BUTTT

the reason we aren't paying because of the cap, we have the money fuckin idiot.

4. mj2sexay

mj2sexay Active Member

I usually disagree with everything he says on the Jets. But all of the people on this board that are trying to paint a picture of sunshine and farts without Revis are fucking nuts. HE'S THE BEST DEFENSIVE PLAYER IN FOOTBALL. Without him we're an also-ran again instead of being the stacked up super bowl contender we're supposed to be.

5. soxxx

soxxx Trolls

The Giants won a Super Bowl without Shockey, who is Francessa kidding?

Yes the road will be rougher, but nothing comes easy.

6. Vilmalover51

totally agree, without revis.....------ well, I just don't know

7. Vilmalover51

comparing shockey to Revis :rofl:

8. soxxx

soxxx Trolls

yea lullzzz

9. ManlyGenius

ManlyGenius New Member

Are you sure? I actually don't think we as fans know one way or another how much money the Jets would spend this year on players. Woody sounds like a very rich man but that doesn't mean he will open the checkbook for any and all Jet expenditures. Are big signing bonuses and initial funding of later years of large guaranteed contracts in the Jets 2010 budget?

10. BleedGreen4ever

BleedGreen4ever Active Member

Question... how many players are holding out because of contract situations this year?? Not holding out because they want a trade because they don't like the team or scheme?? I'm pretty sure 1.... Now yes Revis is in a class of his own and does deserve a major raise but what happens when we sign him to a 6 year extension averaging 14 million a year and the new CBA finally comes to an agreement and it turns out that the new Cap number or the way contracts are structured means Revis's contract cripples the Jets chances in the future. The owners are getting killed right now, (I know boo-hoo for the billionaires) but like it or not they hold the cards. Even the Jets in the largest sports market in the world can't sell PSL's for their new stadium, Jacksonville may have to sell their team, Buffalo may have to move to F'in Canada ect... Truth is the new CBA may not be as player friendly as we think and any contract agreement should not come until after the new CBA is signed by the owners, especially one as thorough as Revis's will be. My message to Revis is A) Sign a contract like D'Brick's and be a Jet for life with plans of winning a Superbowl, and perhaps building a dynasty and going down in history just like Jerry Rice and Emmit Smith did the other day as men of pure character and the best to ever play the game. B) Shut up and play.. be patient, hope for the best with the CBA and realize what is going on financially in the NFL and America for that matter, and wait for your payday when the time is right. And finally C) Don't you fucking dare ruin our best chance of winning a Superbowl in more than 40 years by sitting out this year or I will personally find you, drug you, strip you of all modern technology, take you to an island in the middle of the fucking pacific where you can live out the rest of your selfish days on your own private Revis Island where your best and only friend is a god damn football!!!!

11. Vilmalover51

fucking al davis!

12. SigmaXJet

SigmaXJet Active Member

Um try again :breakdance:

13. Barry the Baptist

Barry the Baptist Hello son, would you like a lolly?

You'd think after reading his post that the 2010 Dolphins are going to challenge the 72 Dolphins for that undefeated record. Are the Dolphins much better then we give them credit for? Absolutely but to think that they're a SB caliber team is insane. They may match up well with us but they don't with the Pats, Chargers, Texans, Colts Bengals and Ravens. Hell even Pittsburgh rocked their world last season. Outside of the Colts those are all teams the Jets are better then (at least on paper)

14. GQMartin

GQMartin Go 'Cuse

are you seriously going at Mack?

Forget about Revis, Hard Knocks starts tomorrow...AND the Jets play the Giants on Monday...there is way more to be focusing on than Revis...

My two cents though: It's a shame the Jets had to be the martyr for the NFL teams being held ransom by their superstars.

#2014 GQMartin, Aug 10, 2010
    Last edited: Aug 10, 2010
  15. mj2sexay

mj2sexay Active Member

No. I'll be focused on our best player who happens to be the best defensive player New York has seen since LT blew his last line in a Giants uniform.

16. Baumeister

Baumeister Well-Known Member

Revis knows as we all do that asomugha is way over paid by the crazy al davis in oakland. Revis needs to stop being a jackass, stop listening to idiots and compromise on a contract. No one person is bigger than the team. I don't care who you are. Revis needs the Jets more than the Jets need Revis.

17. Vilmalover51

big patriot fan calling fatcessa "loving what he hears"

18. soxxx

soxxx Trolls

Big Patriots Bangwagoner, not fan

19. bojanglesman

bojanglesman Active Member

I think I'm with this idea, even though I'm sure it would just continue in some other semi-related thread.

20. GordonGecko

GordonGecko Well-Known Member

it's entirely possible because of what his agent and uncle fucker have been feeding him. They've convinced him that the Jets need him so badly that will give him whatever he wants as long as he holds out long enough. Well guess what, it ain't going to happen and Rex & Company are making plans to play without him. The Jets have X money they can give in total compensation for one guy on defense, no matter how good, and they're not going over for a bunch of reasons Me-vis has been ignoring. Me-vis is overplaying his hand, and he's going to get burned badly

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.